Rajeev Khandelwal at Audio Launch of Samrat & Co.(2014)
16 October 1975 |
Jaipur, Rajasthan, India
|Education||B.Sc Chemistry Honors|
|Alma mater||St. Xavier's College Ahemdabad|
|Occupation||Actor, TV presenter, Model|
|Spouse(s)||Manjiri Kamtikar (m. 2011)|
Col. C.L. Khandelwal (retd.)
Rajeev Khandelwal born in Jaipur, Rajasthan is an Indian actor. He made his film debut in 2008 with the critically acclaimed Aamir (film) as the lead Dr. Aamir Ali for which he was nominated for Filmfare & Star Screen award for Best Debut Male. He then played roles of ACP Arvind Mathur who battles his inner demons in Shaitan, the Tinnitus affected DJ from Soundtrack (film) and also played Vivaan Agasthi in the 2013 thriller, Table No. 21.
Early life and background
Khandelwal was born in in Jaipur, Rajasthan. He is the second son of Lt. Col. C.L. Khandelwal (retired) and Mrs Vijay Laxmi Khandelwal. His elder brother is Mr Sanjeev Khandelwal and Mr Rahul Khandelwal is his younger brother. He completed B.Sc in chemistry from Xavier’s in Ahmedabad. Belonging to a family with an army background, he tried to join the army but his zeal of becoming an actor dominated his mind and he came to Delhi. His media career started with making documentaries, writing scripts and directing them. His documentaries mainly focused on women labor, old age and Indian army. One of his documentaries, a fictional series called Samarpan, was featured on Doordarshan. The story revolved around para military forces in India and also won an award.
Khandelwal had modeled for several brands including LML, Green Label Whisky, Kodak Express and Videocon refrigerators. He worked in advertisements for Nescafe, Vasmol, Hayward 5000 Soda. He had earlier worked as a production controller in a Delhi-based production house.
His stint with acting started from television where his journey started with inaugural thriller series "Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat" in 2002. He then played the scorned lover Sujal Garewal in Kahin To Hoga in 2003.
Later he went on to play the role of Varun Awasthi, the Research and Analysis Wing Intelligence Officer in Time Bomb 9/11 and also featured in C.I.D., as ACP Prithviraj for five episodes in November 2005. He then portrayed Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat in Left Right Left a youth based show. He hosted shows Deal Ya No Deal and the series Sach ka Saamna. Khandelwal has also featured in the Pakistani TV show "Sun Leyna". He featured in various music videos including "Jhoom Jhoom" by Saru Maini and Maldivian video Mirey Therin. He has been chosen as the brand ambassador of the brand new show Nat Geo Super Cars on National Geographic Channel.
Khandelwal debuted on silver screen with Aamir directed by Rajkumar Gupta. His next release was Bejoy Nambiar's "Shaitan" in 2011 where he portrayed a character torn between the good and bad as a police officer in Mumbai. This was followed by Neerav Gosh's "Soundtrack" in which Khandelwal played a deaf DJ. Khandelwal's next release was Aditya Datt's Will you marry me? which was followed by Table No. 21 in 2013.
|2002||Kya Hadsaa Kya Haqeeqat||Raj Karmarkar||Television series|
|2003–2005||Kahiin To Hoga||Sujal Garewal||Television series|
|2005||Time Bomb 9/11||Field Officer Varun Awasthi||Television series|
|2006||Deal Ya No Deal||himself||Anchor|
|2006||Sun Leyna||Sharim||Television series|
|2006||C.I.D.||ACP Prithviraj||Television series|
|2006–2007||Left Right Left||Captain Rajveer Singh Shekhawat||Television series|
|2009||Sacch Ka Saamna (season 1)||himself||Anchor|
|2011-2012||Sacch Ka Saamna (season 2)||himself||Anchor|
|2014||"Savdhaan India" India fights back||Detective Samrat||Guest Appearance|
|2014||Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara||Detective Samrat||Guest Appearance|
|2014||SuperCops vs Supervillains||Detective Samrat||Guest Appearance|
|2015-present||Reporters (Indian TV Series)||Kabir Sharma||Television series|
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2008||Aamir||Dr. Aamir Ali|
|2011||Shaitan||Inspector Arvind Mathur|
|2012||Will You Marry Me?||Rajveer|
|2013||Table No.21||Vivaan Agasthi|
|2014||Peter Gaya Kaam Se also Goa Run||Amar Anand||Premiered at Raindance Film Festival on September 14|||
|2014||Samrat & Co.||Samrat Tilakdhari|
|2015||DOA Death of Amar||Amar Anand|
|TBA||Woh Aadmi Bahut Kuch Janta Hai|
Awards and nominations
|Year||Award||Category||Title of work||Result|
|2004||Indian Telly Award||Best Fresh New Face (Male)||Kahin To Hoga||Won|
|Indian Telly Award||Best Television Personality||Won|
|Indian Telly Award||Best Onscreen Couple
Along with Aamna Shariff
|Kalakar Awards||Best Actor||Won|
|STAR Parivaar Awards||Favorite Jodi
Along with Aamna Shariff
|STAR Parivaar Awards||Hottest Jodi
Along with Aamna Shariff
|2005||Indian Telly Award||Best Television Personality||Kahin To Hoga||Won|
|MTV Lycra Style Awards||Most Stylish Persona (Male)||Won|
|MTV Lycra Style Awards||Most Stylish Actor On TV||Won|
|2006||MTV Lycra Style Awards||Most Stylish Host On TV||Deal Ya No Deal||Won|
|2007||Zee Gold Awards||Best Actor In Leading Role (Male)||Left Right Left||Won|
|Sansui Television Awards||Best Actor Popular (Male)||Won
|2008||Indian Telly Award||Special Commendations||Aamir (film)||Won|
|2009||Filmfare Awards||Best Male Debut||Aamir (film)||Nominated|
|Screen Awards||Best Male Debut||Nominated|
|Indian Telly Award||Best Anchor/s||Sacch Ka Saamna||Won|
|2011||STAR Parivaar Awards||Favourite Mazebaan||Sacch Ka Saamna||Won|
|Indian Television Academy Awards||Best Anchor - Game/Quiz Show||Won|
|2012||Screen Awards||Best Ensemble Cast
Shared with Shiv Pandit,Kalki Koechlin,Gulshan Devaiah,Kirti Kulhari,Neil Bhoopalam
|IRDS Film Awards||Best Male Character||Soundtrack (film)||Won|
- "Rajeev Khandelwal Birthday Special: Top 6 roles of the dashing actor". india.com. 16 October 2014. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "I am a huge fan of my father-in-law: Rajeev Khandelwal". The Times of India. 5 April 2014. Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Want to do path-breaking film: Rajeev Khandelwal". DNA. 13 April 2014. Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- "You became more popular than the soap!". Sify. Jan 10, 2006. Retrieved Jan 10, 2006.
- "Interview with actor Rajeev Khandelwal". Indiantelevision. 30 October 2003. Retrieved 30 October 2003.
- "'Now, people will see the real Rajeev Khandelwal'". DNA. 24 April 2006. Retrieved 24 April 2006.
- "My character in 'Reporters' is an amalgamation of Rajdeep Sardesai and Arnab Goswami: Rajeev Khandelwal". DNA. 13 April 2015. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Sonal Chawla (Feb 8, 2000). "Rajeev Khandelwal's royal wedding in Jodhpur". Mumbai Mirror. Times of India. Retrieved 8 February 2011.
- Rajeev Khandelwal and S. Shanthi (10 June 2008). "I AM: Rajeev Khandelwal". Times of India. Retrieved 5 March 2010.
- "The Goa Run Feels The Raindance Effect". raindance. 5 Nov 2014. Retrieved 5 Nov 2014.
- "Rajeev Khandelwal and Usha Jadhav in Canberra to shoot for ‘Salt Bridge’". indiandownunder. 23 Feb 2015. Retrieved 23 Feb 2015.
- "Winners list of the Sangini Indian Telly Awards 2004". indiantelevision. 15 Oct 2004. Retrieved 15 Oct 2004.
- "Kalakar Awards". indiatoday. 27 Jan 2014. Retrieved 27 Jan 2014.
In the last 21 years, it has proudly revered popular television artists namely, Ekta Kapoor, Rajeev Khandelwal, Sushant Singh Rajput and Bollywood stalwarts such as Mukesh Bhatt, Manoj Bajpai, Amrish Puri and Vyjayanthimala Bali.
- "Star Parivaar Awards 2004 Winners". 15 Oct 2004. Retrieved 15 Oct 2004.
- "5th Indian Telly Awards Winners". indiantelevision. 15 Oct 2005. Retrieved 15 Oct 2005.
- "Malaika Arora, Rajeev Khandelwal bag Lycra MTV Style Award in TV category". indiantelevision. 15 Oct 2005. Retrieved 15 Oct 2005.
- "Lycra® MTV Style Awards 2006 - Winners!". mtvindia. 17 Oct 2006. Retrieved 17 Oct 2006.
- "The results of the most anticipated award show - Gold Awards are finally out!". 24 Sep 2007. Retrieved 24 Sep 2007.
- "The Indian Telly Glitterati". 26 Mar 2007. Retrieved 26 Mar 2007.
- "8th Indian Telly Awards". indiantelevision. 27 Dec 2008. Retrieved 27 Dec 2008.
The evening also saw the felicitation of Prachi 'Rock On' Desai and Rajeev 'Aamir' Khandelwal for scaling the television wall and leaping into the world of cinema successfully.
- "Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut". 27 Dec 2009. Retrieved 27 Dec 2009.
- "Star Screen Awards 2009 nominations". theindian. 15 Jan 2009. Retrieved 15 Jan 2009.
- "Winners of 9th Indiantellyawards". indiantelevision. 15 Dec 2009. Retrieved 15 Dec 2009.
- "2010 STAR Parivaar Awards". 15 Dec 2010. Retrieved 15 Dec 2010.
- "The ITA Awards » The Indian Television Academy Awards". indiantelevisionacademy. 15 Dec 2010. Retrieved 15 Dec 2010.
- "Nominations for 18th Annual Colors Screen Awards 2012". bollywoodhungama. 6 Jan 2012. Retrieved 6 Jan 2012.
- "IRDS Awards". yahoo.com. 17 Jan 2012. Retrieved 17 Jan 2012.
The Best Male Character award has been given Rajeev Khandelval for playing the character Raunak Kaul who is a DJ by profession in the film SOUNDTRACK.