Shields of the Revolution Council
|Shields of the Revolution Council|
Hayat Duru al-ThawraParticipant in the Syrian civil war
Logo of the Shields
|Active||January 2013 - March 2014|
|Area of operations||Idlib Governorate|
|Size||5,000 - 7,000|
|Part of||Muslim Brotherhood of Syria|
Free Syrian Army
Syrian Revolutionary Command Council
|Opponent(s)||Syrian Armed Forces|
National Defense Force
|Battles and war(s)||Syrian Civil War|
The Shields of the Revolution Council (Arabic: هيئة دروع الثورة, Hayat Duru al-Thawra) is a Syrian FSA-rebel alliance affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood of Syria. President Bashar al-Assad has labeled the Syrian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood as an extremist “terror” group. It joined the Syrian Revolutionary Command Council on 3 August 2014.
- Dera al-Jabal
- "Syrian Muslim Brotherhood hesitant to plunge into militia game". The Daily Star. 31 October 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "A tapestry of war". Al-Ahram Weekly. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "EXCLUSIVE – 18 Syrian revolutionary factions advancing toward a One Army project". The Arab Chronicle. Archived from the original on 26 August 2014. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "The Sham Legion: Syria's Moderate Islamists". Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. 15 April 2014. Retrieved 25 August 2014.
- Cody Roche Syrian Opposition Factions in the Syrian Civil War, Bellingcat, 13 August 2016
|This Syrian opposition-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|