CSR Sifang Co Ltd.
|Industry||Railway - rolling stock|
|Predecessor||CSR Sifang Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co., Ltd (renamed 2008)|
|Founded||July 22, 2002|
|Headquarters||Qingdao, Shandong, China|
|Parent||China South Locomotive & Rolling Stock Corporation Limited|
CSR Sifang Co Ltd. (CSR Qingdao Sifang Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co., Ltd.) formerly known as CSR Sifang Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co., Ltd. (renamed 29 December 2008) is a Chinese rolling stock manufacturer based in Qingdao, Shandong province. It was established in 1900 and is now a subsidiary of China South Locomotive & Rolling Stock Corporation Limited.
Products and services
- manufacture of passenger coaches, bi-level cars, diesel locomotive and DMU
- manufacture of CRH2 and CRH380A high-speed trains
- manufacture metro cars for the Beijing Subway
- manufacture metro cars for the Guangzhou Metro, in a joint venture with Kawasaki Heavy Industries
- refurbishment of old locomotives
- manufacture of CRH1 as a joint venture between Bombardier Transportation
- manufacture of CRH6 high-speed Trains
- manufacture of C151A and C151B in a joint venture with Kawasaki Heavy Industries (project and design)
- manufacture of Electric Multiple Units for Argentina
- manufacture of permanent magnet straddled-type monorail train
Bombardier Sifang (Qingdao) Transportation Ltd
Bombardier Sifang (Qingdao) Transportation Ltd was established in 1998 as a joint venture between Bombardier Transportation (Canada) and Sifang Locomotive and rolling stock company limited as a company for the production of high speed trains and high quality coaches.
By 2009 it had delivered over 1000 units, including the CRH1E (Zefiro 250) high speed sleeper trains, and had secured an order for 80 CRH380D (Zefiro 380) very high speed trains in an order estimated to be worth €2.7 billion ($4 billion, 27.4billion RMB) in total.
Kawasaki Heavy Industries with CSR Sifang Co Ltd
Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) co-operated with CSR Sifang Co Ltd. in year 2009 to produce the C151A trains, the fourth generation MRT train for SMRT Trains, in Singapore. A total of 22 trainsets were built with 6 carriages each.
By 2010 half of the trainsets are completed, and testing was done in 2011 by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, before full delivery in December 2011. These trains now serves the North South Line & East West Line in Singapore.
An Additional 174 cars(29 trainsets) of C151B trains were ordered in 2014 and will be delivered from 2017 till 2019 and a total of 57 trains but they have been reduced to 45 set as they announced and the first trainset has delivered in 2015, Another 12 set of C151C trains are expected to be added by 2019 which ordered in 2015.
In 2014, LTA had ordered the new 364 cars (91 trainsets with 4 cars) of T251 Trains with manufacture by KHI and CSR Sifang for future Thomson-East Coast Line and will have fully automated and driverless trains, and also the first trains in Singapore to have 5 doors on each side and each carriage, These 91 new trains will deliver from 2018 onwards.
Issues with C151A trains
On 5 July 2016, a Hong Kong Based non-profit news organization FactWire had broken the news of SMRT C151A suffering from multiple defects  relating to Chinese-made materials and posted the entire investigative works in Youtube. and most of its claims are subsequently acknowledged by the rail operator SMRT and the transport authorities in Singapore, Land Transport Authority. The entire issue has since generated a huge amount of controversies in Hong Kong and Singapore with some rumors spreading in the Internet as well. See the main articles for more details.
- Beijing Subway (Line 1, Beijing Subway, Line 4, Beijing Subway, Line 8, Beijing Subway, Daxing Line, Beijing Subway, Changping Line, Beijing Subway, Batong Line, Beijing Subway)
- Chengdu Metro (Line 1, Chengdu Metro, Line 2, Chengdu Metro)
- Shenyang Metro (Line 2, Shenyang Metro)
- Tianjin Metro (Line 3, Tianjin Metro)
- Iraqi Republic Railways
- Trenes Argentinos
- Singapore Mass Rapid Transit (North South MRT Line, East West MRT Line, Thomson-East Coast MRT Line)
- Chicago Transit Authority
- China South Locomotives & Rolling Stock Corporation Limited: 2008 annual report p.10
- "Permanent magnet straddled-type monorail train unveiled in E China". 19 May 2016. Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- Bombardier Sifang Wins Contract to Build 80 Very High Speed Trains for China Market Wire, September 2009. via findarticles.com
- "Both orders for Singapore Subway Train 132 LTA". 29 August 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- "Trains for North-South/East-West Lines and Tuas West Extension". 28 August 2012.
- China manufacturer for MTR secretly recalls 35 SMRT subway trains after cracks found (Report). 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- China manufacturer secretly recalls Singapore MRT subway trains after cracks found (Report). 2016. Retrieved 7 July 2016.
- "Iraqi inter-city train rolled out". Railway Gazette International. 25 February 2014.
- "CTA board approves contract to replace half of rail cars". Chicago Tribune. 10 March 2016.
- Bombardier Transportation - Facilities in China - Three Manufacturing Joint Ventures (PDF), Bombardier Transportation, 2009
- CSR Sifang Locomotive and Rolling Stock
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sifang locomotive and rolling stock factory.|