|Developer||Novell, openSUSE Goblin Team, the openSUSE community|
|Initial release||6 October 2010|
|Latest release||1.0 / 6 October 2010|
|Package manager||RPM Package Manager|
|Platforms||x86 / IA-32 and x86-64|
|Kernel type||Monolithic (Linux)|
|Default user interface||MeeGo (Qt)|
This Linux distribution combines openSUSE with MeeGo's netbook oriented user interface to get a new Linux distribution designed for netbooks. What makes Smeegol Linux unique when compared to the upstream MeeGo or openSUSE is that this distribution is at its core based on openSUSE but has the MeeGo User Experience as well as a few other changes such as adding the Mono-based Banshee media player, NetworkManager-powered network configuration, a newer version of Evolution Express, and a range of social networking features for Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Flickr and Digg, plus Firefox and Chromium web browsers already pre-installed. Any end-users can also build their own customized Smeegol Linux OS using SUSE Studio.
- "openSUSE MeeGo repo". Retrieved 2010-06-21.
- "openSUSE Releases MeeGo-based Smeegol Linux". Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- "openSUSE News - Announcing Smeegol 1.0". Retrieved 2010-10-06.
- http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/48230 Announcing Smeegol 1.0
- http://www.linuxcompatible.org/news/story/smeegol_10_released.html Smeegol 1.0 released
- http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=06301 Distribution Release: Smeegol 1.0