This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Former names||Coca-Cola Starplex Amphitheatre (1988–98)
Starplex Amphitheatre (1998–2000)
Smirnoff Music Centre (2000–08)
Superpages.com Center (2008–11)
Gexa Energy Pavilion (2011–17)
|Location||3839 S. Fitzhugh Ave.
|Owner||City of Dallas
(operated by Live Nation)
Starplex Pavilion (originally Coca-Cola Starplex Amphitheatre) is an outdoor amphitheatre located in Fair Park, Dallas, Texas. The venue opened in 1988 as the Coca-Cola Starplex Amphitheatre, with 7,500 seats, under a pavilion and 12,500 general admission lawn seats. After Coca-Cola's naming rights expired in 1998, the venue was known simply as Starplex Amphitheatre. In 2000, naming rights were sold to the Smirnoff vodka company, as a result of a corporate sponsorship agreement with The House of Blues. The center was then called Smirnoff Music Centre. The name changed again in January 2008 when naming rights were awarded to Superpages.com Center. It was renamed in 2011 to Gexa Energy Pavilion. In January 2017, the name changed again to Starplex Pavilion.
The venue is operated by Live Nation Concerts, an entity of Live Nation Entertainment.
Arlington alternative rock band Solice performing for Uproar Festival at Gexa Energy Pavilion
- "Gexa Energy Pavilion" (PDF). A New Star Is Rising. Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Christensen, Thor (January 30, 2008). "Smirnoff Music Centre is now SuperPages.com Center". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved February 14, 2008.
- "Dallas’ Superpages.com Center renamed again | Dallas Morning News". Dallasnews.com. 2011-01-28. Retrieved 2015-04-24.
- Ricciardi, Tiney; Wilonsky, Robert (January 4, 2017). "Amphitheater's name hits rewind". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved February 10, 2017 – via PressReader.
- Gexa Energy Pavilion informational site
- Gexa Energy Pavilion - Tickets and Listings
- LiveNation informational and ticketing site
|This article on a music performance venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|