Southern Azerbaijan National Awakening Movement
|Leader||Mahmudali Chehregani, Mohammad Reza Laghaei|
|National affiliation||Congress of Nationalities for a Federal Iran|
The Southern Azerbaijan National Awakening Movement (SANAM) (Azerbaijani: Güney Azerbaycan Milli Oyanış Herekatı) (GAMOH) is a Baku-based group that advocates self-determination for Azerbaijanis of Iran, and "unification of Azerbaijanis living on both sides of the Aras River".
Foundation and mission
- Azerbaijan (Iran)
- Iranian Azerbaijanis
- Whole Azerbaijan
- Human rights in Iran
- Azerbaijan National Resistance Organization
- William O. Beeman (2005). The Great Satan vs. the Mad Mullahs: How the United States and Iran Demonize Each Other. University of Chicago Press. p. 135.
The Bush administration also flitered with supporting the Mujaheddin-Khalq (MEK) in their efforts to overthrow the Tehran government, supporting Mahmud Ali Chehregani, leader of an Azerbaijani separatist movement calling for a federated Iran
- Jean-Christophe Peuch (May 31, 2006). "Iran: Cartoon Protests Point To Growing Frustration Among Azeris". Radio Free Europe.
- "Official statement of the Central Committee of SANLM regarding the dismissal of Chehregani". Camah.com (in Azerbaijani). January 21, 2002. Archived from the original on October 19, 2004.
- "Dissident Iranian Azeri Confirms he was Deported from Azerbaijan". EurasiaNet. June 13, 2006. Archived from the original on September 4, 2008.
- "Souther Azerbaijan member profile" (pdf). UNPO. June 2010.
- Güney Azerbaycan Milli Oyanış Herekatı (in Azerbaijani)
|This article about a political organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Azerbaijan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|