Sparta Township, Dearborn County, Indiana
Location of Sparta Township in Dearborn County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||29.46 sq mi (76.3 km2)|
|• Land||29.44 sq mi (76.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||853 ft (260 m)|
|• Density||98.3/sq mi (38.0/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453857|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 29.46 square miles (76.3 km2), of which 29.44 square miles (76.2 km2) (or 99.93%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.07%) is water.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Manchester Township (northeast)
- Hogan Township (east)
- Washington Township (southeast)
- Clay Township (south)
- Washington Township, Ripley County (west)
- Franklin Township, Ripley County (northwest)
The township contains fifteen cemeteries: Beatty, Bedunnah, Churchill, Concord, Eden, Forest Hill, Heaton, McKinstry, Olcott, Record, Todd, Transier, Turner, Union and Whiteford.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.