York Township is one of fourteen townships in Dearborn County, Indiana. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,221 and it contained 471 housing units.
York Township was founded in 1841. A majority of the early settlers being natives of New York caused the name to be selected.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 18.59 square miles (48.1 km2), all land.
The township contains one cemetery, West Fork.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ a b "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- ^ Shaw, Archibald (1915). History of Dearborn County, Indiana: Her People, Industries and Institutions. Unigraphic. p. 226.
- ^ History of Dearborn and Ohio Counties, Indiana: From Their Earliest Settlements. Whipporwill Publications. 1885. p. 572.