Rural Municipality of Stanley
Stanley is a rural municipality in the province of Manitoba in Western Canada. It is located in the southern part of the province, along its border with the state of North Dakota in the United States. The municipality had a 2011 Census population of 8,355, a 31.3% increase from the 6,365 reported in the 2006 Census. The cities of Winkler and Morden lie geographically within the municipality, although they are administratively not part of it.
According to Statistics Canada, the rural municipality has an area of 835.59 km² (322.62 sq mi). The administratively separate cities of Winkler and Morden are enclaved by Stanley, in its northeastern and northern sections, respectively.
Adjacent rural municipalities and counties
- Rural Municipality of Pembina - (west)
- Rural Municipality of Thompson - (northwest)
- Rural Municipality of Roland - (northeast)
- Rural Municipality of Rhineland - (east)
- Pembina County, North Dakota - (southeast)
- Cavalier County, North Dakota - (south)
||R.M. of Thompson||Thompson R.M. / Roland R.M.||R.M. of Roland|
|R.M. of Pembina||R.M. of Rhineland|
|Cavalier County, North Dakota||Pembina County, North Dakota|
|This Manitoba location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|