List of street view services
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
|This article or section possibly contains previously unpublished synthesis of published material that conveys ideas not attributable to the original sources. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is a list of online mapping services that provide 360-degrees panorama around the world, it is grouped by region.
- Google Street View is the most comprehensive street view service in the world, it provides street view for more than 70 countries worldwide.
- The Mapillary project  is collecting crowd sourced images from users and amongst displays them in a navigation-friendly manner on their website. There is a Developer API. The photos are licensed liberally under the CC BY-SA license. The crowdsource nature allows the imagery to be updated more rapidly than alternatives, and local knowledge gives access to areas and routes that are not possible for large corporations.
- Microsoft Photosynth users are able to view and generate their own 3D panoramas.
It was launched on April 7, 2014 when Marrakesh, Essaouira, Errachidia, Agadir were added. On May 19, 2014 Rabat and Meknes were added. In October 2014 Fes, Casablanca and Ifrane were added.In January 2015 Asilah was added. Future locations are: Al Hoceima, Beni Mellal, El Jadida, Kenitra, Khouribga, Tanger, Mohammedia, Nador, Oujda, Safi, Salé, Settat.
- China: Tencent at Tencent Maps offers street view many cities around China including Shenzhen, Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Suzhou, Fuzhou, Xiamen, Xi'an, Chengdu, Kunming, Wuhan, Lijiang, Dali, Sanya, Wuyuan, Ürümqi, Harbin, Changchun, Gobi Desert, including Lhasa and other sparsely populated places, and is currently in the progress of expanding its coverage to other cities in China.
- In addition, www.city8.com provides street view in several cities in China, cf. a list in the Spanish-language Wikipedia.
- Xuefo.net provides street view in some Buddhist sites in China.
- Baidu provides street view for some cities in China
- ishowchina.com provides street view for over 100 Chinese cities.
- India: A local service called WoNoBo (now unavailable) offered street view for some Indian cities. WoNoBo is 360-degree-view platform and it facilitates the creation of local communities online. It also enables local businesses to have an online, social presence.
- It was launched on October 15, 2013 when Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Surat, Jaipur, Goa, Kolkata, Agra and Pune were added.
- On 14 January 2014, Chandigarh and Bhopal were added.
- On 17 February 2014, Amritsar and Patna were added.
- On 3 July 2014, Lucknow was added.
- The rest of 39 cities that will be released are Ajmer, Alibag, Allahabad, Aurangabad, Bhavnagar, Bikaner, Cochin, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Jalandhar, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kota, Lonavala, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Mangalore, Meerut, Mussoorie, Nagpur, Nashik, Patiala, Raipur, Rajkot, Rishikesh, Salem, Solapur, Udaipur, Ujjain, Vadodara and Varanasi (all of them marked currently with grey dots).
- Iran: NikApps offers street view for Teheran (desktop version at map.tehran.ir), Mashhad and Qazvin.
- Japan: Location View, now defunct.
- Kazakhstan: Russian company Yandex, offers street view for Astana, Almaty and Karaganda.
- South Korea: Because Google has not updated its limited coverage of Korea since 2012, domestic services offer much more up-to-date and frequently updated complete coverage. Daum Maps available for PC and smartphones provides up-to-date street view coverage for most of the country: map.daum.net Rival service Naver Maps also offers up-to-date street view and plane view for most of the country.
- Thailand: MapJack provides street views of the south of the country.
- Vietnam: Phophuong360.vn offers street view for some streets of Ho Chi Minh City. The panoramas are also available on Google Maps via Photosphere. WONAV.com offers street view for selected locations including Vũng Tàu, Hanoi, Sa Pa, and panoramas are also available via Photosphere.
- North Korea: Singaporean photographer Aram Pan created a website called DPRK 360 that provide panoramas of many points of interest.
- Armenia: 360yerevan offers street view panoramas for large parts of Yerevan.
- Belarus: Belarusian company Interfax.by offers street view for Minsk, Grodno and Gomel: maps.interfax.by. Also Russian company Yandex, offers street view for Minsk, Brest, Gomel, Vitebsk, Magileu and Grodno.
- Belgium: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of Flanders on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy.
- Czech Republic: Mapy.cz offers street views in service called Panorama for almost whole Czech Republic using 72 Mpx camera in combination with 3D maps of chosen cities.
- Cyprus: various street views of Cyprus: 
- Denmark: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of Odense, Aarhus and Copenhagen on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. The Danish map-tool Krak offers their own version of street view in the largest Danish cities, including Copenhagen, Odense and Aarhus. Nokia Maps or HERE offers street views of Copenhagen.
- Finland: HERE/Yahoo! Maps offers street views of Helsinki and other cities.
- France: French website Urbandive.com or Mappy.com offers street views of major cities in France. Bing Maps offers street views for some cities. HERE/Yahoo! Maps offers street views for some cities.
- Germany: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of over 50 cities in Germany on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. Bing Maps offered street view for Berlin, Frankfurt, Munich, Augsburg, Ingolstadt, Nuremberg, Fürth, Erlangen, Stuttgart, Pforzheim, Karlsruhe, Wiesbaden, Mainz, Düsseldorf, Essen and other locations until May 23, 2012.
- Greece: Greek company Kapou has introduced a similar system.
- Hungary: Romanian company NORC provided street view service for Budapest, Debrecen, Győr, Miskolc, Szeged, Hajdúszoboszló, Siofok and the rest of Lake Balaton's shores. The sites seems to be down since early November 2013.
- Italy: The site Tuttocitta.it offers street view for a large number of urban areas. Veniceconnected.it introduced a similar system for Venice including canal view: maps.veniceconnected.it/en/[dead link]
- Iceland: Já.is has announced that they were going to release Já 360° in 2013: http://ja.is/kort
- Kosovo: Lokacion.com offers street view for Pristina.
- Latvia: Latvian website 1188.lv offered street view for Riga.
- Netherlands: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing actual and historic street views of the Netherlands on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy.
- Norway: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of Oslo, Bergen and Trondheim on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. Norwegian web page Finn.no launched their own Street View service. There are 12 cities and towns available so far. The quality of the imagery seems better than the service offered by Google, and the images are more recently taken. Nokia Maps or HERE offers street views of Oslo.
- Poland: CycloMedia offers a charged service providing street views of Warsaw on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. Polish website Zumi.pl offers street view for different cities in the country.
- Romania: NORC (now defunct).
- Russia: The first 360 degree panoramas project was started by real estate website Gdeetotdom.ru on March 17, 2008. Currently, it has street view panoramas for 62 cities in Russia. Russia's largest search engine Yandex launched street view on September 9, 2009 maps.yandex.ru and maps.yandex.com. Street Panoramas at Yandex work for Moscow, and more than 150 other cities in Russia. Yandex has also the street view of the entire motorway Moscow-Saint Petersburg. Also Yandex offers balloon view for Saint Petersburg. Regional portals for ru09.ru have street views for Tomsk, Novosibirsk and Sochi. There are also local websites that offer street view: Cityscanner.ru in Yekaterinburg and Properm.ru in Perm. In 2011 Cityscanner.ru launched a website sah.cityscanner.ru for Sakhalin Oblast with street view panoramas for Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Kholmsk, Korsakov and Aniva.
- Spain: HERE/Yahoo! Maps offers street views of Madrid and Barcelona. Bing Maps offers street views for some cities.
- Sweden: There are various Swedish street view analogues. The two most popular ones are the Gatubild ("Street picture") at Hitta.se with 29 cities, which launched in December 2008, and Eniro.se with street views of eight Scandinavian cities and three winter resorts, which launched in December 2009. CycloMedia Technology BV offers actual street views of the largest cities in Sweden e.g. Göteborg, Stockholm, and Malmö on pixel level with 10 cm accuracy. Nokia Maps or HERE offers street views of Stockholm.
- Switzerland: GlobalVision launched VideoStreetView web-platform in December 2009. Accessible through VideoStreetView.com, the projects covers large parts of the country and displays 360° immersive images in full-video motion alongside dynamic maps. The public project is reportedly developing to other major cities and metropolitan areas around the world, Dubai, Saigon and Bangkok, among others.
- Turkey: Russian company Yandex offers street view for Ankara, Istanbul, Bursa, İzmit, Kuşadası, Didim and Izmir. In 2014 Antalya, Alanya, Manavgat, Fethiye, Marmaris, Afyonkarahisar and more other locations were added. Also a local service Dunya 360 offers street view for Göynük and some other places.
- Ukraine: Russian company Yandex, offers street view for Kiev, Odessa, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, Donetsk, Pripyat (well-known abandoned city near Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant) and other locations.
- United Kingdom: Nokia Maps offers street views of London. Bing Maps offers street view for London, Liverpool and Manchester. HERE/Yahoo! Maps provides street view of several UK cities. Eye2eye Software has systematically photographed Britain in 360 degree panoramas and stills, publishing the collection as the school resource and home reference Eye2eye Britain.
- Panama: La Autoridad Nacional para la Innovación Gubernamental (AIG) provides street view for several locations in Panama. It was launched on May 14, 2014.
- Canada: Microsoft's Bing Maps introduced Streetside in December 2009. It features selected areas in Vancouver and Whistler, British Columbia associated with the 2010 Winter Olympic Games.
- United States: CycloMedia has captured street-level imagery of many large metropolitan areas in the US starting in 2013; it is licensed to business and government organizations and not available to the general public. Streetside, EveryScape and MapJack provide street views of some cities. Mapquest had a street view service called 360 View, which was discontinued in August 2011. HERE/Yahoo! Maps and Bing Maps provide street views of many cities across the US. earthmine uses vehicle-mounted camera rigs to capture imagery and three dimensional data of the urban environment.
- Argentina: Two Argentine analogues also exist, one is called Mapplo, which is claimed to be the first street view in Latin America. Fotocalle, another Argentine project, is claimed to be the first street view service in the world to provide HD pictures.
- Chile: Chilean company Publiguías released a service similar to Google's Street View in December 2010 called "Street Diving". It currently offers views of Providencia and Santiago communes, with plans to expand it to other communes in the future. XYGO launched a street view service in April 2011 marginally covering seven cities. It now covers over 50 cities and claims to have coverage for 240 communes of Chile, which they will be releasing periodically.
- Colombia: Colombian site Topmedellin.com offers street view for some streets in Medellin and Cartagena.
- "Mapillary". www.mapillary.com. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "Mapillary API". www.mapillary.com. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "Mapillary Legal". www.mapillary.com. Retrieved June 7, 2014.
- "Tramway 28 – Photosynth". Photosynth.net.
- "Photosynth – Capture your world in 3D.". photosynth.net.
- "SOSO地图". Map.soso.com. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- Jason Lim (2011-12-27). "Soso Launches StreetView Maps in China, Looks Like Google StreetView". TechNode. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Baidu rolls out a Google Street View clone for China". Tech in Asia.
- Srinivas Kulkarni. "Wonobo beats Google to launch street view maps for India". ZDNet.
- Staff Reporter. "Wonobo draws Google into 'Street' fight". The Hindu.
- "Панорамы Астаны". Panorama.astana.kz. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Daum 지도". Local.daum.net. Archived from the original on July 14, 2012. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "MapJack". MapJack. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- Feinberg, Ashley (21 Jan 2014). "This Is the Closest Thing to a North Korean Google Street View". Gizmodo. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Карта Минска – Interfax.by". 27.558599;53.9006: Maps.interfax.by. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Krak.dk først med gadefoto". Retrieved February 2012.[dead link]
- Bryan Bishop. "Microsoft removes Bing Maps Streetside service in Germany due to privacy concerns". The Verge. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Εικόνες και Δρόμοι της Ελλάδας". kapou.gr. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Serban Mihail (1 December 2013). "ştiţi ce se întîmplă cu NORC?". Metropotam.
- Nimani, Çelik. "Lokacion.com, brings Street View to Kosovo". Digjitale.
- "Biznesa uzziņu portāls 1188". 1188.lv. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Warszawa i okolice – Zumi.pl – Lokalizator internetowy, baza firm, mapa Polski". Zumi.pl. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "На двухлетие ГдеЭтотДом.РУ представил street-view 62 городов России". Gdeetotdom.ru. Archived from the original on September 15, 2010. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Яндекс запустил "Панорамы улиц" Киева". Ain.ua. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- карты. "Яндекс.Карты". Maps.yandex.ru. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Томск :: Электронная On-Line Карта". tomsk.ru09.ru. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Новосибирск :: ЭЛЕКТРОННАЯ ON-LINE КАРТА". nsk.ru09.ru. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Сочи :: Электронная On-Line Карта". sochi.ru09.ru. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Интерактивный путеводитель по Сахалинской области". cityscanner.ru. Retrieved March 6, 2012.
- "Swiss Company Demos Video Street View". maximumpc.com/. December 18, 2010. Archived from the original on March 24, 2010. Retrieved September 26, 2010.
- "Yandex.Maps is now in Turkey with Panoramas! | Webrazzi Global". En.webrazzi.com. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Göynük Belediyesi". Dunya360.com. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "Street View, el mapa virtual de la ciudad de Panamá". La Estrella de Panamá.
- cyclomedia.com http://www.cyclomedia.com/us/products/imagery/. Missing or empty
- Jarrod Krug · Posted in: Features and Improvements (December 11, 2009). "MapQuest Blog – Street-Level Imagery Comes To MapQuest.com as "360 View"". Blog.mapquest.com. Archived from the original on October 22, 2010. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Christchurch, New Zealand". EveryScape. Archived from the original on February 14, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- "Buenos Aires Street view". Mapplo.com. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Mapplo: Primer street view de latinoamerica". Blogs.lanacion.com.ar. Archived from the original on May 24, 2010. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- Paulita. "Fotocalle: Un Street View argentino con imágenes panorámicas de 50 megapíxels". Dotpod.com.ar. Retrieved August 27, 2010.
- "Publiguías a lo 'Street View': Inaugura sistema de mapas con imágenes reales – Publimetro". Publimetro.cl. Retrieved December 11, 2010.
- Lanzan en Chile nueva alternativa para ver mapas de ciudades con visión en 360°, EMOL, April 15, 2011.
- "Alternativas chilenas a Street View permiten pasear virtualmente por nuestras ciudades" (in Spanish). El Mercurio. 4 September 2011. Retrieved 2012-08-21.
- "Top Medellín". topmedellin.com.