Type of site
|Available in||5 Languages, primarily French|
|Alexa rank||1,547 (13 August 2015[update])|
|Current status||Tracker forcibly shut down|
|Part of a series on|
|Video sharing sites|
|File sharing networks|
|Anonymous file sharing|
|Development and societal aspects|
|By country or region|
t411 or Torrent411 was a semi-private BitTorrent tracker website founded in 2008. According to Alexa Internet, it was the 86th most visited website in France in December 2014, and the first in its category.
In 2006 a BitTorrent tracker named QuebecTorrent (in reference to Quebec) was created. In July 2008, QuebecTorrent was shut down by the Canadian authorities. Shortly after being shut down a clone of the original website was created and named Torrent411. Torrent411 was developed by part of the team that created QuebecTorrent and they maintain the website, torrents, and members. The website's slogan is "Les pages jaunes du torrent", or "The Yellow Pages of the Torrent" in English; the 411 in Torrent411 refers to the "White Pages" telephone directory information number in Canada.
In August 2011 Torrent411 moved to the new domain name t411.me to avoid possible censure by VeriSign, the US company that manages the .com top-level domain.
In June 2013, T411 had surpassed 5 million members, confirming its position as the first francophone tracker.
On February 20, 2015, t411.me becomes t411.io in response to a threat of blocking the domain name.
On June 27, 2017, t411 was shut down in a joint operation by French and Swedish police.
- "t411.ch Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- « Torrent411 : le clone de QuebecTorrent maintenant ouvert » on Adviso.ca
- "t411.me Site Overview". alexa.com. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- Leloup, Morgane Tual, Martin Untersinger et Damien (2017-06-27). "Les autorités françaises font fermer le site de téléchargement T411". Le Monde.fr (in French). ISSN 1950-6244. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "T411, France's Most-Visited Torrent Site, Has Been Shut Down - TorrentFreak". TorrentFreak. 2017-06-27. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "QuebecTorrent devient Torrent411". branchez-vous.com. Archived from the original on 21 November 2011. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- « QuebecTorrent.com n'est plu » on Zataz
- « QuebecTorrent renaît de ses cendres » on leblogueduql.org
- "Torrent411.com - Les Pages Jaunes du Torrent!". torrent411.com. Archived from the original on 27 August 2008. Retrieved 24 February 2015.
- According to statistics from t411.me
- "Maintenance du tracker". Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- Julien L. (21 February 2015). Numerama (ed.). "T411 change de nom de domaine" (in French). Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- Marc Rees (18 February 2015). Next INpact (ed.). "Pourquoi les producteurs de disques veulent bloquer t411.me" (in French). Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- Julien L. (3 April 2015). Numerama (ed.). "BitTorrent : T411 sera bloqué en France" (in French). Retrieved 7 April 2015.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|