|Industry||Video game industry|
Number of employees
Tequila Works was founded in Madrid in 2009 by Raúl Rubio Munárriz and Luz Sancho Rodríguez. On 18 January 2012, Tequila Works announced their first project, Deadlight. Tequilla Works' next project was Rime, a puzzle video game originally intended to be a PlayStation 4-exclusive game. However, the team decided to acquire the intellectual property from Sony in the middle of the game's development and bring the game to other platforms. Rime was released in May 2017. The company also collaborated with GameTrust Games on a virtual reality project named The Invisible Hours, in which players will solve a murder mystery.
In 2017, the company partnered with British developer Cavalier Game Studios to publish their first game, The Sexy Brutale, while providing additional development. The company also published WonderWorlds by Guildford-based start-up studio Glowmade.
In February 2019, Sony Pictures Virtual Reality has announced a VR game by Tequila Works titled Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son, which is set 26 years after Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray, will be coming later this year to PSVR, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. In May 2019, Tequila Works revealed that they have two projects in production and one in pre-production.
|2012||Deadlight||Action-adventure, puzzle||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One||Tequila Works||Microsoft Studios|
|2017||The Sexy Brutale||Adventure, puzzle||Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Cavalier Game Studios, Tequila Works||Tequila Works|
|Rime||Adventure, platform||Microsoft Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Tequila Works||Grey Box, Six Foot|
|The Invisible Hours||Adventure||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||GameTrust Games|
|2019||Groundhog Day: Like Father, Like Son||Adventure, puzzle||PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive||Tequila Works||Sony Pictures VR|
|TBA||Gylt||TBA||Google Stadia||Tequila Works||TBA|
- Tequila Works [@TequilaWorks] (13 May 2019). "🎉Celebrating 10 Years in Tequila Works!! 🎉 - 70 people - 2 projects in production - 1 in preproduction - 2-3 conceptual stage - 1 Tequila Shot a year Lots of surprises are coming very soon!! Stay tuned #10thanniversary #tequilaanniversary" (Tweet). Retrieved 26 May 2019 – via Twitter.
- Nunneley, Stephany (18 January 2012). "Tequila Works' first title Deadlight slated for XBLA this summer". VG247. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Nunneley, Stephany (16 March 2016). "Tequila Works reacquires the rights to Rime from Sony". VG247. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Purchese, Robert (4 July 2017). "Tequila Works opens up about turbulent development of Rime". Eurogamer. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Bishop, Sam (30 May 2017). "Tequila Works and GameTrust announce The Invisible Hours". Gamereactor. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Hoggins, Tom (18 May 2017). "Indie spotlight – Cavalier Game Studios: How The Sexy Brutale developers crafted one of the year's best video games next to a 'thoroughly inappropriate' gym". Telegraph. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Dring, Christopher (31 August 2017). "Tequila Works to publish first game from new UK studio Glowmade". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved 20 May 2018.
- Stevens, Colin (2 February 2019). "Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son Announced for VR". IGN. Retrieved 26 May 2019.