|Industry||Computer and video games|
|Founder||Raúl Rubio Munárriz|
Luz Sancho Rodríguez
Tequila Works is a video game developer located in Madrid, Spain. It was established in 2009 by Raúl Rubio Munárriz and Luz Sancho Rodríguez. The company is most known for developing Deadlight and Rime.
Tequila Works is a video game developer located in Madrid, Spain. It was established in 2009 by some of the former employees of Blizzard Entertainment, MercurySteam, Pyro Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment and Weta Digital. On 18 January 2012, Tequila Works announced their first project in survivor horror's genre, named Deadlight. Tequilla Works' next project was Rime, a puzzle video game originally intended to be a Sony exclusive game for the PlayStation 4. However, the team decided to acquire the IP rights from Sony during the middle of the game's development and bring the game to other video game platforms. Rime was released in May 2017. The company also collaborated with GameTrust on a virtual reality project named The Invisible Hours, in which players will solve a murder mystery.
In 2017, the company partnered with UK studio Cavalier Game Studios to publish their first game, The Sexy Brutale, while providing additional development support. The company will also publish a game from Glowmade, a new start-up studio in Guildford.
|Deadlight||2012||Survival horror||Xbox Live Arcade, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Microsoft Studios|
|The Sexy Brutale||2017||Adventure, puzzle||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch||Tequila Works|
|Rime||2017||Adventure, platformer||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch||Grey Box|
|The Invisible Hours||2017||Adventure, virtual reality||Microsoft Windows, Playstation 4||GameTrust|
- Nunneley, Stephany (January 18, 2012). "Tequila Works' first title Deadlight slated for XBLA this summer". VG 247. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Nunneley, Stephany (March 16, 2016). "Tequila Works reacquires the rights to Rime from Sony". VG 247. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Purchese, Robert (July 4, 2017). "Tequila Works opens up about turbulent development of Rime". Eurogamer. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Bishop, Sam (May 30, 2017). "Tequila Works and GameTrust announce The Invisible Hours". Gamereactor. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Hoggins, Tom (May 18, 2017). "Indie spotlight - Cavalier Game Studios: How The Sexy Brutale developers crafted one of the year's best video games next to a 'thoroughly inappropriate' gym". Telegraph. Retrieved May 20, 2018.
- Dring, Christopher (August 31, 2017). "Tequila Works to publish first game from new UK studio Glowmade". Gameindustry.biz. Retrieved May 20, 2018.