|Operating system||iOS, Android, Web app|
|Available in||English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Burmese, Indonesian, Malay, Thai|
JOOX is a music streaming service owned by Tencent, launched in January 2015. JOOX is the biggest music streaming app in Asian markets such as Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. JOOX is a freemium service, providing most of its songs free, while some song are only available for premium users, offered via paid subscriptions or by doing different tasks offered.
In 2017, JOOX launched their service in South Africa, their first non-Asian market. The service now accounts for more than 50% of all music streaming app downloads in their Asian markets. The number of music-streaming users in Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia is expected to reach 87 million by 2020.
Before the emergence of JOOX, Tencent had been owning QQ Music, one of the largest music streaming and download service in China. In 2015, they introduced JOOX as their expansion of music services to overseas market instead of Mainland China.
Instead of providing free services by playing audio ads to users like Spotify, another major music service, JOOX focused on banner ads, splash ads and other advertisements methods such as category playlists and in-app skins. They claimed it as a success.
- QQ Music (Tencent's China market music service)
- "WeChat's Tencent enters music-streaming fray with Joox". Digital News Asia. 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Perez, Bien (November 17, 2016). "Tencent's Joox music streaming service proves a hit across Asia". South China Morning Post. Retrieved November 24, 2016.
- "Tencent's JOOX uses curated playlists to dominate music streaming in Southeast Asia · TechNode". TechNode. 2017-01-03. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Halim, Billy (2015-12-27). "JOOX : The Complete, Free, & Legal Music Streaming Apps". Medium. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Meet Joox, South Africa's newest music streaming service - Stuff". Stuff. 2017-07-04. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Lee, Emma (December 22, 2016). "[Update] Sanook Online Rebranded To Tencent Thailand". TechNode. Retrieved January 2, 2017.
- Bundgaard, Karlsson, Lau, Pereira, Tycen, Axel, Alan, Andrew (November 2016). "The beat of progress: The rise of music streaming in Asia". Digital McKinsey.
- Lin, Liza; Kim, Yun-Hee (2016-12-16). "Apple, Spotify Face Upstart Rival in Streaming Music: China's Tencent". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Tencent's Joox music streaming service proves a hit across Asia". South China Morning Post. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Joox: We don't believe in conversion through audio ads". Campaign Asia. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Staff. "JOOX makes its connected audience available to marketers". Marketing Interactive. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Joox bucks audio trend | WARC". www.warc.com. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
|This Chinese music article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|