Leyou is a global video game holding company focused on free-to-play console and PC gaming. Leyou, which had originally operated as a chicken supplier, now has three holdings, Digital Extremes, Splash Damage (both developers) and Athlon Games (publisher).
In July 2016, the sale of British games developer Splash Damage to Radius Maxima (a Leyou subsidiary) was announced, for up to $150 million by Paul Wedgwood, its sole owner, co-founder and chief executive. 
In September 2018, Leyou announced a partnership between Athlon Games and Middle-earth Enterprises to publish a multi-year online free to play game based on The Lord of the Rings fantasy work of J.R.R. Tolkien.
- "GamesBeat Boss interview: China's Leyou moves from chicken meat to triple-A game publishing". VentureBeat. 2017-09-02. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Lexpert ® | Leyou Technologies acquires 39% of Digital Extremes for US$65 million". Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Leyou Technologies Holdings Purchases Digital Extremes, Creators of Warframe -". mxdwn Games. 2016-01-06. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Splash Damage sold to Chinese poultry firm". gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- Alex Hern. "Chinese chicken supplier buys UK games developer Splash Damage | Technology". The Guardian. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- Purchese, Robert (2016-07-11). "Splash Damage bought by Chinese chicken meat company Leyou •". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 2016-07-16.
- "Austin Game Maker Certain Affinity Lands $10 Million Investment from Hong Kong Firm - SiliconHills". SiliconHills. 2017-10-17. Retrieved 2018-07-23.
- "Digital Extremes' Chinese owner stealthily launches new US publisher". GamesIndustry.biz. Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Leyou Tech Established Game Publishing Division in USA Spearheaded by Former WBIE VP & Director". Retrieved 24 May 2018.
- "Athlon Games Partners with Middle-earth Enterprises". leyoutech.com.hk. 2018-09-03. Retrieved 17 September 2018.