The Alamo Colleges
|Type||Community college district|
|Chancellor||Dr. Bruce H. Leslie|
|Students||59,510 (Spring 2016)|
The Alamo Colleges (previously the Alamo Community College District, or ACCD) is a network of five community colleges in San Antonio, Texas (USA), and serving the Greater San Antonio metropolitan area. The five colleges in the district with a high degree of autonomy: San Antonio College (founded 1925), St. Philip's College (founded 1898), Palo Alto College (founded 1983), Northwest Vista College (founded 1995), and Northeast Lakeview College (founded 2007). All of the colleges are within San Antonio city limits except Northeast Lakeview, which is within the town limits of Universal City, just to the northeast of the City of San Antonio. The Alamo Colleges are based in Downtown San Antonio at 811 W. Houston Street.
The system serves about 100,000 students in academic and continuing education programs, employs about 5,300 faculty and staff, and had a budget of $277 million for 2009. The value of its endowment on June 30, 2011 was $11.9 million.
The Alamo Colleges are the tenth largest college system in the United States, the second largest system in Texas.
The district offers over 325 degree and certificate programs. Most courses taken within the district are meant to apply for AA, AS, AAS, AAA, and AAT degrees which help students apply for jobs or of which can be transferred to four-year institutions.
- all of Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Kendall, Kerr and Wilson Counties,
- all of Atascosa County excluding the portion included within the Pleasanton Independent School District, and
- all of Guadalupe County excluding the portion of the county included within the San Marcos Consolidated Independent School District.
- Ludwig, Melissa (July 5, 2009). "Ideas clash at Alamo Colleges". San Antonio Express News. pp. A1. Retrieved 2009-07-05.
- "U.S. and Canadian Institutions Listed by Fiscal Year 2011 Endowment Market Value and Percentage Change in Endowment Market Value from FY 2010 to FY 2011" (PDF). National Association of College and University Business Officers. January 17, 2012. p. 21. Retrieved March 8, 2012.
- Texas Education Code, Section 130.162, "Alamo Community College District Service Area".