The Bachelor (season 11)
|The Bachelor (season 11)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Original release||September 24– November 19, 2007|
The Bachelor 11 is the 11th season of ABC reality television series The Bachelor. The season premiere aired on September 24, 2007. The show features the winemaker from Austin, Texas, Stephen Bradley Womack, courting 25 women. On November 19, 2007, during the final rose ceremony, Brad Womack became the first bachelor in the history of the show to reject all of the bachelorettes.
Biographical information according to ABC official series site, plus footnoted additions
|Deanna Pappas||25||Newnan, Georgia||Realtor||Week 8|
|Jenni Croft||27||Wichita, Kansas||Phoenix Suns Cheerleader||Week 8|
|Bettina Bell||27||Washington, D.C.||Realtor||Week 7|
|Sheena Stewart||23||Walnut Creek, California||Internet marketing executive||Week 6|
|Hillary Reisinger||27||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania||Registered nurse||Week 5|
|Kristy Katzmann||29||Gurnee, Illinois||Acupuncturist||Week 5|
|Estefania "Stephy" Kootz||26||Atlanta, Georgia||Executive assistant||Week 4|
|Jade Beazley||24||Nashville, Tennessee||Boutique sales worker||Week 4|
|McCarten Delaney||26||Lemon Grove, California||Account manager||Week 4|
|Lindsey Hawkins||25||Livonia, Michigan||Model||Week 3|
|Sarah Newlon||23||O'Fallon, Illinois||Bar manager||Week 3|
|Solisa Shoop||25||Georgetown, Texas||Esthetician||Week 3|
|Michele Leavy||30||South Brunswick, New Jersey||Realtor||Week 2|
|Mallory Simons||24||Honolulu, Hawaii||Nanny||Week 2|
|Erin Gardner||25||Tampa, Florida||Publishing sales executive||Week 2|
|Jessica Kiss||27||Lady Lake, Florida||News anchor||Week 1|
|Juli Gilliam||24||Chicago, Illinois||Law student||Week 1|
|Kim Orville||31||Woodbridge, Connecticut||Realtor||Week 1|
|Lori Langley||33||Annapolis, Maryland||Timothy's Biology teacher||Week 1|
|Melissa Buschel||28||Westchester, New York||Event planner||Week 1|
|Morgan Becker||24||Tempe, Arizona||Graduate student||Week 1|
|Natalie Velasco||25||Duncanville, Texas||Law student||Week 1|
|Regina Doringa||31||San Diego, California||Account representative||Week 1|
|Tauni Nessler ||31||St. Louis Park, Minnesota||Emergency room nurse||Week 1|
|Susan Stein||35||St. Charles, Illinois||Project analyst||Week 1|
DeAnna Pappas was chosen in the fourth season of The Bachelorette, while Jenni Croft made an appearance in that season as well. In 2010, Womack returned for the second time as the bachelor in the fifteenth season of The Bachelor to be aired the following year. In 2012, Sarah Newlon returned in the third season of Bachelor Pad, finished in 3rd/4th, as 2nd runner-up.
- The contestant received the first impression rose
- The contestant received a rose on a group date
- The contestant received a rose on a one-on-one date
- The contestant was eliminated in a rose ceremony
- The contestant was eliminated on a two-on-one date
- The contestant received a rose on a two-on-one date
Original airdate: November 19, 2007
Brad took two women to meet his family; his mom Shelley, his younger brother Wesley and his identical twin Chad. DeAnna was first to arrive at his door. He forewarned them that she's a strong independent woman from Atlanta, Georgia. Brad joked about having his future wife as an employee because she used to be a bartender when she was just college-aged. It went very well. His mom talked to her about family values, relationship values and her feelings for him. Shelly stated she could see that Brad really like DeAnna. He kept holding her waist and gazing at her. The brothers think she's a great catch. DeAnna felt awesome because Brad was just his old confident, playful self with his folks. They were hanging out by the pool fooling around. DeAnna revealed that they are kind, friendly, warm and put her at ease. After she left, the family discussed his situation while waiting for Jenni. DeAnna had made such a great impression that it's gonna be a high stake for Jenni to make them change their mind about whom they think would complement Brad.
Jenni arrived later. His mom asked her about where they are at, she admitted she hadn't dropped the L word yet. Not that she's scared to be vulnerable but she just wanted it to say it when the time felt right. She, too, felt stronger for him each day and wanted to be with him. She then went out to play catch with his brothers. They're both wonderful, eligible women. Brad told his mom that he thinks about DeAnna when he's with Jenni and vice versa. He loves them both. One possesses the appeal that the other didn't.
He tries to make up his mind. He felt slightly stronger for DeAnna. But in the end, when DeAnna really thought that they'll be in a monogamous relationship because she's the last one standing, he told her that he couldn't marry her. He had a reason that he sent Jenni home but he couldn't find a reason for DeAnna. He only told her that he wasn't sure if their relationship was going to last, he's not fully there with her. He was not that deeply into either of them.
He fell for 23-year-old Sarah Newlon more deeply than anybody else in the beginning but she was disqualified for not recognizing his twin brother. That incident made him think she isn't into him as much as he's into her and he was so hurt; he wasn't willing to compromise. Neither of these two ladies was the ultimate frontrunner. Both ladies went home heartbroken.
Week 10 (Finale)
|#||Air Date||Rating||Share||18-49 (Rating/Share)||Viewers (m)||Weekly Rank|
|1||September 24, 2007||6.6||11||3.5/9||9.57||#41|
|2||October 1, 2007||6.8||11||3.6/9||9.58||#39|
|3||October 8, 2007||6.9||10||3.3/8||9.92||#37|
|4||October 15, 2007||6.7||11||3.4/9||9.30||#41|
|5||October 22, 2007||6.6||11||3.4/8||9.20||#43|
|6||October 29, 2007||7.5||12||3.9/10||10.59|
|7||November 5, 2007||7.7||12||4.0/10||10.85|
|8||November 12, 2007||6.5||11||3.4/9||9.17|
|9||November 19, 2007||8.1||13||4.3/10||11.61|
- "DeAnna Pappas - Reality TV World".
- "'The Bachelor' star Brad Womack cuts Bettina Bell, picks Top 2 suitors - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs".
- "Reality TV World (Oct. 31, 2007): "Interview: Sheena Stewart talks about her 'The Bachelor' experience".
- "INTERVIEW: Hillary Reisinger talks about her emotional 'Bachelor' exit - Reality TV World - News, information, episode summaries, message boards, chat and games for unscripted television programs".
- "News from". Source Healing. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- "Reality TV World (Oct. 17, 2007): "Interview: Jade Beazley dishes on her 'The Bachelor' experience"".
- "Page One".
- "LinkedIn: McCarten Delaney".
- "Reality TV World (Oct. 11, 2007): "Interview: Solisa Shoop talks about her 'The Bachelor' adventure"".
- "Last name per Reality TV World, Oct. 4, 2007: "Interview: Michele Leavy talks about her 'The Bachelor' experience"".
- "The Bachelor, Bachelorette Spoilers: Reality TV spoiler".
- "Last name per Reality TV World, Oct. 1, 2007: "Bachelorette Melissa Buschel dishes on brief 'Bachelor' experience"".