The Silver Turk
|The Silver Turk|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Written by||Marc Platt|
|Directed by||Barnaby Edwards|
|Produced by||Jamie Robertson - Music & sfx|
|Executive producer(s)||Nicholas Briggs
|Release date||October 2011|
The Doctor takes famous British writer, Mary Shelley, on her first trip in the TARDIS, from Switzerland to Vienna, Austria. Attempting not to travel in time, they accidentally find themselves 57 years into Mary's future, the site of the 1873 Vienna Exposition. One of the exhibits is an automaton, similar to the legendary Turk, but vastly superior.
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Mary Shelley - Julie Cox
- Dr Johan Drossel - Gareth Armstrong
- Alfred Stahlbaum - Christian Brassington
- Ernst Bratfisch - David Schneider
- Count Rolf Wittenmeier - Gwilym Lee
- Countess Mitzi Wittenmeier - Claire Wyatt
- Cybermen - Nicholas Briggs
- For the Doctor, this story takes place before the events of Storm Warning.
- Mary Shelley met the Doctor in The Company of Friends episode, Mary's Story. The Silver Turk begins where it left off.
- The Doctor attempts to reunite with his companions, Samson and Gemma, whom he left in Vienna in June 1816, the same day he met Mary in Switzerland. He eventually rejoins them, and their fate is explained in Terror Firma.
- Mary recalls using lightning to resurrect an older version of the Doctor in Mary's Story.
- In Mary's Story, the older Doctor remembers Mary encountering the Cybermen.
- This story features the early Cybermen, as seen in their first television story The Tenth Planet. They also featured in the audio drama Spare Parts, also written by Marc Platt.
- Gareth Armstrong was in the 1976 television story The Masque of Mandragora.
- This the first Eighth Doctor audio to feature a new theme composed by Jamie Robertson.