In 1937, the area of Toyosu was created on reclaimed land.
Toyosu was chosen in 2001 by former Governor of Tokyo Shintarō Ishihara for relocating Tsukiji fish market, but there was a longstanding controversy over this plan due to the toxic contamination of the chosen relocation area. The move to Toyosu Market was planned to have taken place in November 2016, in preparation for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. Part of the plan was to retain a retail market, roughly a quarter of the current operation, in Tsukiji.
On 31 August 2016, the Tsukiji fish market move was indefinitely postponed. The Tsukiji fish market was caught in a controversy with the shop owners surrounding the former fish market rioting as they would lose their job if the fish market transfers its location.
Opening of the fish market was subsequently rescheduled for 11 October 2018 despite concerns about pollution.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- NTT Data
- IHI Corporation
- Nippon Unisys
- Tokyo Electric Power Services Co. Ltd
- Toyosu Business Friends (2009). Toyosu History. Retrieved on 2009-09-30 from "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 July 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2009.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link). (in Japanese)
- Tsukiji to relocate to Toyosu: Ishihara DPJ ranks vow to block budget for shift to toxic site. Retrieved on 2010-10-28 from http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20101023a1.html.
- "Tsukiji fish market to get new home in late 2016 as Olympics beckon". Asahi Shimbun. 18 December 2014. Archived from the original on 12 April 2015. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- Takei, Hiroyuki (9 February 2012). "New fresh fish market planned when Tsukiji market moves". Asahi Shimbun. Archived from the original on 11 February 2014. Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "Smelling something fishy, Koike puts Tsukiji fish market relocation on ice". Japan Times. 2016-08-31. Retrieved 2016-09-22.
- https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/10/trouble-at-tsukiji-worlds-biggest-fish-market-caught-in-controversy. Retrieved 2018-08-03. Missing or empty
- "Tokyo's famous Tsukiji fish market enters final days before big move, with many still sceptical of relocation plan". South China Morning Post. 2018-10-04. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- Mitsui Fudosan Retail Management Co (2010). Lalaport Toyosu. Retrieved on 2010-10-26 from http://toyosu.lalaport.jp/en/. (in English)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toyosu.|