Università Iuav di Venezia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The institution was originated in the foundation of the special course in architecture in 1923 at the Accademia di Belle Arti of Venice. It was the second architecture school in Italy after that of Rome. In 2001 Iuav added a faculty of Design and Arts to those of Architecture and Urban and Regional Planning.
Iuav offers a number of 3-year undergraduate programmes in Architecture, Construction Management, Fashion Design, Visual Arts and Theatre, Industrial and Communication Design, Urban and Regional Planning. It offers 2-year graduate programmes in Architecture, Design (communication, fashion, interaction and product design), Visual and Performing Arts, Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing, Urban and Regional and Environmental Planning and Policy. Iuav also offers postgraduate specialisation and PhD programmes.
In 2012–13 4997 students were enrolled at the Iuav and 868 students graduated from the university. There are 219 faculty teachers on staff, 238 professors on contract, 501 teaching assistants, and 309 technical and administrative employees. Iuav participates in exchange programmes with 67 universities throughout the European Union.
The university has three departments (schools):
- Department of Architecture, Construction and Conservation
- Department of Design and Planning in Complex Environments
- Department of Architecture and Arts
- Regione ateneo: VENETO; Ateneo: Iuav di Venezia; Anno accademico: 2012/2013. Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Università e della Ricerca: Anagrafe Nazionale Studenti. Accessed March 2014.
- Profile. Università Iuav di Venezia.[self-published source]
- Official website (Italian) (English)