University of Rouen
Université de Rouen
|Website||http://www.univ-rouen.fr/ (in French)|
The University of Rouen (Université de Rouen) is a French university, in the Academy of Rouen.
History and demographics
Located not in Rouen, but in the suburb of Mont-Saint-Aignan (a "township" in the Normandy region), the University of Rouen opened in 1966 as an off-shoot of the University of Caen. It is a large public university with over 25,000 students enrolled.
According to U.S. News & World Report, University of Rouen made #835 (in a 3-way tie with Assiut University in Egypt and Universidad de Antioquia in Colombia) on the Best Global Universities list (published October 24, 2017) out of 1,250 universities being judged. University of Rouen was also compared to 66 other French universities and was ranked #45. These rankings are based on the reputation of the university as well as the extent and quality of the research performed at each location.
- First transcatheter aortic valve implantation in the world performed by Prof. Alain Cribier in 2002.
- "History | Rouen Normandy University". rouenuniversity.univ-rouen.fr. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "U.S. News Announces 2018 Best Global Universities Rankings". U.S. News & World Report. October 24, 2017.
- "Best Global University Rankings". U.S. News & World Report. p. 84.
- "Best Global Universities in France". U.S. News & World Report. October 24, 2017.
- "Housing Services | Rouen Normandy University". rouenuniversity.univ-rouen.fr. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- etudiant.gouv.fr. "Accueil". etudiant.gouv.fr (in French). Retrieved 2018-10-17.