|Residence||Stary Oskol, Russia|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
Viacheslav Zhukov (c. 1989) is a Russian professional poker player who has won two World Series of Poker bracelets. Prior to becoming a professional poker player, Zhukov was a geologist in Russia. As of 9 July 2012[update] he has career earnings of $940,000, $838,000 of which was earned at the World Series of Poker.
World Series of Poker
He won a WSOP bracelet in his first World Series of Poker (WSOP) cash in the 2011 Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better Championship. The final table included bracelet winners Steve Billirakis, Richard Ashby, and Josh Arieh. He won his second bracelet in the 2012 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better event. The 2012 bracelet's final table included bracelet winners David "ODB" Baker, Chris Bell, Randy Ohel and Scotty Nguyen. It took approximately three hours of heads up play for Zhukov to clinch his second bracelet. In both of his bracelet wins, Zhukov began the final table short stacked, and in both wins he had not finished in the money in any previous event at that World Series. Zhukov claims not to be an Omaha Hi-Lo specialist although both his bracelets were in that event. Zhukov claims that he plays mostly limit events on the internet. Winning two bracelets tied Zhukov for the most by a Russian native. At the time of his second bracelet win, only six Russians had won any World Series of Poker bracelets. Zhukov noted that Russians consider Ukrainians such as Oleksii Kovalchuk to be countrymen, when counting bracelet totals.
|2011||$10,000 Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better||$465,216|
|2012||$3,000 Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better||$330,277|
- Rodriguez, Julio (July 6, 2012). "Viacheslav Zhukov Wins Second World Series of Poker Bracelet: Zhukov Among Six Russians Who Have Earned WSOP Gold". Card Player. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- "2011 42nd Annual World Series of Poker: Monday, June 06, 2011 to Wednesday, June 08, 2011: Event #11: Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better Championship". Caesars Interactive Entertainment, Inc. June 9, 2011. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- "43rd Annual World Series of Poker: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 to Thursday, July 05, 2012: Event #58: Pot-Limit Omaha Hi-Low Split-8 or Better". Caesars Interactive Entertainment, Inc. July 6, 2012. Retrieved July 7, 2012.
- Burton, Earl (July 6, 2012). "2012 WSOP: Final Preliminary Tournaments Wrapping Up Prior To Start Of Championship Event". Poker News Daily. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Burton, Earl (July 7, 2012). "2012 WSOP: Greg Merson Wins Quick Resumption Of Event #57; Viacheslav Zhukov Takes Omaha Hi/Lo Bracelet". Poker News Daily. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Schult, Steve (July 6, 2012). "WSOP: Zhukov Wins Second Bracelet in $3,000 Pot Limit Omaha Hi-Lo". Bluff Magazine. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Schult, Steve (July 7, 2012). "WSOP Bracelet Winner Profile: Viacheslav Zhukov". Bluff Magazine. Retrieved July 9, 2012.