|Nickname(s)||MoormanI (Full Tilt, Bodog)
Moorman1(PokerStars, Ultimate Bet & Party Poker)
INYOUREYE111 (Absolute Poker)
|Born||July 12, 1985|
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
|European Poker Tour|
He was among the leaders in the 2011 World Series of Poker Player of the Year point standings. If he had won the 2011 World Series of Poker Europe main event (he finished second), he would have taken the lead in the Player of the Year race with only the November Nine play remaining, which would have forced Player of the Year Ben Lamb to place 4th or higher to retake the lead. As of October 2011[update], he has no World Series of Poker bracelets but has finished in three final tables and has thirteen in the money finishes at various World Series of Poker (WSOP) events. Four of his WSOP in the money finishes were in $10,000 or €10,000 championship events. Five of his twelve WSOP in the money finishes have been in six-handed events and another was in the eight-handed 2011 World Series of Poker Europe main event. He also has a final table appearance at an Aussie Millions Poker Championship main event. Prior to 2011, he was primarily an online poker player. His career online winnings exceed $7 million, while more than $1 million of his $1.3 million in live earnings have come in 2011. As of 1 July 2011[update], his largest online prizes and his largest live game prizes have been from non-win final table appearances. He has been ranked the no.1 online tournament player in the world on several occasions and is currently the most successful online tournament player in terms of overall winnings as of September 2013. He plays online as "Moorman1" at PokerStars, Full Tilt Poker, Ultimate Bet, Party Poker and Bodog.
His first WSOP cash was a 124th-place finish in the 2008 1593-player $2,000 No-Limit Hold'em Event 7 for a prize of $4,056. All seven of his WSOP in the money finishes before 2011 were in no limit Texas hold 'em events. Prior to his 7th-place finish in the 721-player A$10,000 2011 Aussie Millions Main event for a prize of A$175,000 (approximately US$174,000), his largest live prize was a 15th-place finish in the 2010 WSOP 256-player $10,000 Heads Up No-Limit Hold'em Championship (256 player max) Event 35 for a prize of $38,424. At the 2011 WSOP Europe, he established a career best prize with a second-place finish in the 593-player 8-handed €10,400 October 15 – 20, 2011 WSOPE Main Event Championship for a prize of €800,000 ($1,101,520) at a final table that included Jake Cody, Elio Fox and Shawn Buchanan.
As of November 2013[update], his $10.2 million career earnings stood as the highest all-time online career total. His largest payout was $235,592 for a 3rd-place finish in the 2404-player $1000+60 March 28–29, 2011 Full Tilt Poker - $1K Monday $2 Million Tournament. His largest online wins were the 2,700-player $240+16 March 14, 2010 Full Tilt Poker - The Sunday Brawl for $109,620 and the 20-player $5000+200 March 9, 2008 winner-take-all PokerStars - Sunday $5,200 Freezeout for $100,000.
World Series of Poker
- "Chris Moorman Official Website". chrismoorman.com. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "2011 World Series of Poker Player of the Year". Bluff Magazine. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- Peters,Donnie (2013-09-18). "Chris Moorman Set to Achieve Unprecedented Goal of $10 Million in Online Earnings". Poker News. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Chris Moorman". TheHendonMob.com. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "Chris Moorman". Bluff Magazine. Retrieved 2011-07-01. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "CMBM" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "PocketFives Poker Player Profile: Moorman1". PocketFives.com. Retrieved 2011-09-01.
- "2008 39th Annual World Series of Poker: No-Limit Hold'em (Event 7)". WSOP.com. 2008-06-06. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "2010 41st Annual World Series of Poker: Event #35: Heads Up No-Limit Hold'em Championship (256 player max)". WSOP.com. 2010-06-22. Retrieved 2011-07-01.
- "2011 World Series of Poker Europe: Saturday, October 15, 2011 to Wednesday, October 19, 2011: Event #7: WSOPE Main Event Championship". World Series of Poker. 2011-10-20. Retrieved 2011-10-21.
- "Full Tilt Poker - $1K Monday $2 Million Tournament Results". Bluff Magazine. 2011-03-29. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "Full Tilt Poker - The Sunday Brawl Tournament Results". Bluff Magazine. 2010-03-14. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- [winner-take-all-Sunday-March-09-2008-722127.htm "PokerStars - Sunday $5,200 Freezeout [winner-take-all] Tournament Results"]. Bluff Magazine. 2008-03-09. Retrieved 2011-11-02.
- "2011 World Series of Poker Europe: Saturday, October 15, 2011 to Wednesday, October 19, 2011: Event #7: WSOPE Main Event Championship (updates)". World Series of Poker. 2011-10-20. Retrieved 2011-10-21.