August 29, 1982 |
|World Series of Poker|
Main Event finish
|World Poker Tour|
Ronnie Bardah (born August 29, 1982) is a professional poker player who won a World Series of Poker bracelet at the 2012 World Series of Poker and is also notable for holding the record for most consecutive World Series of Poker main event money finishes, with a streak of 5 years in a row from 2010 to 2014.
Bardah's poker training came from playing Limit Hold'em at Foxwoods Resort Casino. One of his early championships was the 132-entrant $500 No Limit Hold'em 2007 Empire State Hold'em Championships at the Turning Stone Resort & Casino in Verona, New York for $21,300.
Some sources say Bardah is from Brockton, Massachusetts, while others say he is from Stoneham, Massachusetts. One of his hobbies when he is away from poker is kickboxing. Following his 2010 deep run in the WSOP main event, he endured unexplained medical issues that caused him to rethink his personal health part of his lifestyle. He changed his diet and exercise routines and spent two and a half months in Thailand, where he studied Muay Thai.
World Series of Poker
He earned $182,088 for winning the 302-entrant $2,500 Limit Hold'em Six Handed 2012 World Series of Poker Event 40 at a final table that included runner-up Marco Johnson and Sorel Mizzi. His largest prize was $317,161 for his 24th-place finish in the 7,319-entrant $10,000 No Limit Hold'em Championship 2010 WSOP main event. He made the final table at the $5,000 Limit Hold'em 2013 World Series of Poker Event 37. In 2014, he cashed in the World Series of Poker main event for the fifth year in a row, setting a new record.
|2012||$2,500 Six-handed Limit Texas hold 'em||$182,088|
- Schult, Steve (June 24, 2012). "WSOP: Bardah Wins $2,500 Limit Hold'em Six-Max". Bluff. Archived from the original on July 13, 2013. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "$500 No Limit Hold'em". Hendonmob.com. August 19, 2007. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Ronnie Bardah". World Series of Poker. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Home : Players : Ronnie Bardah". Card Player. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- Rodriguez, Julio (June 24, 2012). "Ronnie Bardah Wins 2012 World Series of Poker Six-Max Limit Hold'em Event: Bardah Earns First Gold Bracelet and $182,088". Card Player. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- Schult, Steve (June 24, 2012). "WSOP Bracelet Winner Profile: Ronnie Bardah". Bluff. Archived from the original on July 13, 2013. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- Oresteen, Paul (June 23, 2013). "Michael Moore Wins First Bracelet in $5K Limit Hold'em". Bluff. Archived from the original on June 30, 2013. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- Peters, Don (July 11, 2014). "Bardah Sets New Main Event Record, Then Busts Cloutier". Poker News. Retrieved July 15, 2014.