MV Viking Sea
Viking Sea in the Port of Tallinn, 27 May 2016
|Operator:||Viking Ocean Cruises|
|Port of registry:||Bergen, Norway|
|Laid down:||6 November 2014|
|Launched:||25 June 2015|
|Christened:||5 May 2016 by Karine Hagen|
|Acquired:||24 March 2016|
|Maiden voyage:||3 April 2016|
|Class and type:||Small cruise ship|
|Length:||227.20 m (745.4 ft)|
|Beam:||28.80 m (94.5 ft)|
|Draught:||6.30 m (20.7 ft)|
|Installed power:||2xV12 6540Kw MAN, 2xL9 4900Kw MAN|
MV Viking Sea, classified as a small cruise ship, was built by Italian shipbuilders Fincantieri for Viking Ocean Cruises. She sailed from Venice to New Capital Quay on the River Thames at Greenwich, London, England, where on 5 May 2016 she became the largest vessel named in London. She will sail around Scandinavia, the Baltic and across the Mediterranean during her maiden season. Viking Sea has 3 sister ships, Viking Star, Viking Sky and Viking Sun.
Viking Sea has passenger accommodation, three swimming pools, a spa, a fitness center, two restaurants and a café, lounges, a winter garden, a terrace, a sports deck, theatre and bars, and shops.
Accidents and Incidents
- August 2016 Viking Sea lost power in Malta
- December 2016 Viking Sea had engine trouble in Barcelona 
- "FINCANTIERI AND VIKING SIGN AN AGREEMENT FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF TWO MORE CRUISE SHIPS". 2012-12-04. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "FINCANTIERI: CONSEGNATA AD ANCONA VIKING SEA". 2016-03-24. Retrieved 2016-03-24. (in Italian) English-language version
- Colleen McDaniel. "Viking Sea Cruise Ship: Expert Review on Cruise Critic". Cruisecritic.co.uk. Retrieved 5 May 2016.
- Naomi Leach and Chris Kitching (5 May 2016). "Now THAT'S a Viking long boat! Luxury Scandinavian cruise ship with its own snow grotto dominates the London skyline as she sails up the Thames to her naming ceremony". Daily Mail. Retrieved 5 May 2016. Article with many photographs.
- "Viking Sun". www.vikingcruises.com. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- "Viking Ocean Cruises Adds Two More Ocean Ships". World Maritime News. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Viking Sea - IMO 9515008 - Vessel Data". Q88.COM. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "Viking Ocean Cruises - Viking Sea deck plans". Viking Ocean Cruises. Retrieved 13 May 2014.
- "Viking Sea Temporarily Loses Power in Malta : Cruise Law News". www.cruiselawnews.com. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
- "Viking Sea Stuck in Barcelona : Cruise Law News". www.cruiselawnews.com. Retrieved 2017-02-08.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Viking Sea.|
- Official website
- "The happiest cruise on the sea " – review by Brian Johnston on traveler.com.au (Fairfax Media)
|This article about a specific civilian ship or boat is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|