MS Nieuw Amsterdam (2009)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Holland America Line|
|Port of registry:||Netherlands, Rotterdam|
|Launched:||30 October 2009|
|Maiden voyage:||4 July 2010|
|Class and type:||Signature-class cruise ship|
|Length:||285.3 m (936 ft)|
|Beam:||32.3 m (106 ft)|
|Draught:||7.9 m (26 ft)|
|Decks:||11 passenger decks|
|Installed power:||64 MW MaK M43C diesel-electric|
MS Nieuw Amsterdam is a Signature-class cruise ship for Holland America Line. Nieuw Amsterdam is the 81st ship to enter Holland America's service and the second largest Holland America ship at the time of her completion.
Nieuw Amsterdam was laid down on 15 July 2008, launched on 30 October 2009 and completed on 30 June 2010.
- "List of ms Eurodam stats". Holland America Line. 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Nieuw Amsterdam (9378450)". Miramar Ship Index. Retrieved 8 April 2009.
- "Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam Named in Venice". Cruise Critic. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "Nieuw Amsterdam Cruises".
- "Grounding in Santa Cruz Huatulco". Sea News. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Holland America Line will name its latest Signature Class ship and the 15th in its fleet, ms Nieuw Amsterdam". Press release. Holland America Line. 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2008-11-02.