Wikipedia:No one really cares
|This page contains material which is kept because it is considered humorous. Please do not take it seriously.|
|This essay contains comments and advice of one or more Wikipedia contributors on the topic of notability. Essays may represent widespread norms or minority viewpoints. Consider these views with discretion. Essays are not Wikipedia policies or guidelines.||
|This page in a nutshell: Wikipedia is not an indiscriminate collection of information. Don't make an article on a subject so trivial or arbitrary that no one could ever conceivably care about it. However, not caring does not always mean not notable.|
Sometimes on the 'pedia there exists an article that, for one reason or another, there can't be found anyone who cares about the topic. That is not to mean that they are esoteric. We have plenty of articles on math equations that will only matter to a professor. But they will matter to someone. Only articles that can't conceivably be useful should be deleted under the ideas of No One Cares.
Most of the articles that fall under this essay tend to be on the extreme edge of fancruft. There will always be supporters of, say, an article on Dr. Crusher's stunt double but there can never be enough interested parties to write a piece on chemical properties of Mr. Spock's fake ears.
Note that this does not necessarily mean literally nobody whatsoever on the entire Earth cares, but rather that nobody of any importance to Wikipedia, that is, none of the people who write reliable sources, care enough to write such material on it.
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Filming mistakes from That's So Raven – The AfD that inspired the essay.
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Inconvenient Public Library Hours in Hawaii
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Fan criticism of George Lucas
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Notice posted on the corridor of the ground floor at Hietalahdenkatu 7A, Helsinki, Finland
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/List of fictional characters who wear fingerless gloves