Wikipedia:Wikipedia Takes Kolkata IX
|Wikipedia Takes Kolkata IX|
|Date||22nd September 2019|
|Assembly Point||Sovabazar Metro Station Gate 1|
|Coverage Area||Sovabazar and Pathuriaghata Chitpore|
|Organizer||West Bengal Wikimedians User Group|
|Contact Persons||Amitabha Gupta|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wikipedia Takes Kolkata IX.|
Wikipedia Takes Kolkata is a one day photo scavenger hunt, held almost every year in the city Kolkata, India. This is the ninth season of the event and this time we have planned it on 22nd September 2019. Anyone can participate in this event, regardless of photographic ability, and whether or not they are a Wikimedian or a member of West Bengal Wikimedians User Group. We are concentrating on increasing conversion rate of relevant photos uploaded to Wikimedia Commons, so that photos can be used in existing Wikipedia articles which need pictures, especially those related to the area we will be covering, which we will be photographing during the Wikipedia Takes Kolkata IX season. Also focusing on, creating new articles for Wikipedia Bengali with the help of those photographs. We will also try to capture as many videos as possible.
Sovabazar Metro Station, Gate no 1
How to reach
Get down at Sobhabazar bus stop and come in front of Sovabazar Sutanuti Metro Station Gate no 1
7:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Point of Contact
Amitabha Gupta - 9830479485
- Amitabha Gupta (talk) 08:42, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- Rajeeb (talk) 09:16, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- Sumasa (talk) 19:58, 18 September 2019 (UTC)
- Nettime Sujata (talk) 12:39, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
- Tarunsamanta (talk) 08:38, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- Kinjal bose 78 (talk) 13:58, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- Sukanta Pal (talk) 18:09, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Saranjit Singh98 (talk) 11:47, 23 September 2019 (UTC)
Things to Photograph/Subjects
- Sovabazar Rajbari (Raja Rajkrishna Dev's house)
- Sovabazar Rajbari Natmandir
- House of Butto Kristo Paul
- Jorabagan Traffic Guard alias Janakinath Roy's house
- Rameshwar Shiva Temple, Sovabazar
- Amrita Lall Daw's house
- Adhar Lal Sen's house
- Mosque of Sanaullah Gazi
- Diamond Library
- Statues inside Beadon Square (Rabindra Kanan)
- Daya Dan - Missionaries of Charity
- Jorabagan Thana - Duff College
- Hathkhola Dutta Bari
- Madan Mohan Dutta Bari
- Niyamatullah Masjid
- Durgeswar Shiva Temple
- Tagore Castle (from outside)
- Tagore Palace (from outside)
- Pathuriaghata Mullick Bari
- Pathuriaghata Khelat Ghosh Bari(from outside)
- Pathuriaghata Ramlochan Ghosh Bari(from outside)
- Hara Kutir
- Baishnabdas Mallick house
Contributing Images in commons
All the images are uploaded in the following category at [Commons]
Plans to go live during the Photowalk and for promotional purpose in social media Like, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc, please use below mentioned Hastag
- Hashtag: #WikiTK9
- Amitabha Gupta
- Priyankasingha1811 (talk)
- Tarun Samanta
- Kinjal bose 78 (talk) 14:00, 20 September 2019 (UTC)
- Nettime Sujata (talk) 12:48, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
- Sukanta Pal (talk) 18:10, 21 September 2019 (UTC)
The participants are requested to carry the following.
- Digital camera: Please carry a digital camera, preferably a DSLR.
- Enough memory: Please ensure there is enough memory on your card.
- Additional lenses: Please bring additional lenses as you feel necessary.
- Tripods Tripods are welcome. Please don't hesitate to bring your tripod if you feel it would be necessary.
Code of conduct
- Respecting personality rights: You should not focus your camera on any persons on the street for photographs, without their permission. If someone is in the background, or part of a crowd, or he/she standing in front of a building in an obscure way, it's OK. Otherwise you shouldn't focus on any individual.
- If somebody is visible in any photograph, please attach Personality Rights along with the photo. If you are a newbie please seek for help and write in talk page with your query to do so.
- Respecting the rights of property owners: Property owners have the right to restrict you from taking a photograph while standing on their property. But, you can take any photograph as long as you are standing on public property.
- Respecting the Kolkata Police: If the police ask you to stop, stop.
- Please Remove time stamps while taking snaps.
- If you wish to leave early please inform the co-ordinator of the photo walk.
- Keep pictures in focus.
- Position your subject using the rule of thirds.
- If possible, Show the whole subject in one shot
- Consider taking photos when the sun is shining on the side of your subject, instead of from directly above.
- Make sure your camera is metering on the subject.
Post Event Blogs etc
- Wikipedia Takes Kolkata I
- Wikipedia Takes Kolkata II
- Wikipedia Takes Kolkata III
- Wikipedia Takes Kolkata IV
- Wikipedia Takes Kolkata V
- Wikipedia Takes Kolkata VI
- Wikipedia Takes Kolkata VII
- Wikipedia Takes Kolkata VIII