|July 2019 +/-|
|Cape Town 17||July 7, 2019|
|London 144||July 14, 2019|
|Delhi||July 14, 2019|
|Ninth Annual Colorado Wiknic in Arvada||July 14, 2019|
|Oxford 74||July 21, 2019|
|San Diego 42 near SDCCI 2019||July 21, 2019|
|August 2019 +/-|
|San Diego 43||August 4, 2019|
|Cape Town 18||August 4, 2019|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
The Wikipedia Mumbai meetup is a monthly get-together of Wikipedians (contributors and users) and the General Public to discuss, share experiences, reach out and advocate Wikipedia and Wikimedia.
Pre-Meeting discussions can be on the talk page please.
Date and Venue
Date: : May 5, 2012 @ 5pm
Anyone interested in Wikipedia (user, contributor or curious about it). Wikipedians from any part of India or the world and anyone who is interested in Wikipedia! Meetup is open to members of all Wikimedia projects and Wikipedians from all languages. All are welcome, and we are especially interested in seeing newcomers to join the experienced Wikipedians/Wikimedians. If you are interested in coming, please add your name below.
Nearest Station on the Western/Central Railway Line is Dadar (Aprox. 15 minutes walking distance). Dadar West Railway Station Senapati Bapat Marg, Dadar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400014
- Head towards Bal Govinddas Marg north-east on Senapati Bapat Marg. Pass by Indian Pentacostalchurch Dadar, SHALOM hall(on the left)
- Turn left onto Bal Govinddas MargPass by Mathura Sagar (on the left)
- Turn right at Thoradkar Chowkonto J K Sawant Marg Pass by CIRCOT Staff Quarters(on the right)
- Take the 2nd left onto Taikalwadi marg Pass by Asha Niketan(on the right)
- Slight left at Dtdc Courier Service onto Shivaji Park Rd 2 Pass by Tri-Star Automobiles Private Limited (on the right)
- Continue onto Keluskar Rd N
- Check out the direction in Google Maps: .
- GLAM discussion
- WikiProject Mumbai
Add your name as " # ~~~ " if you have an username or else add " # Name", under the appropriate section.
- -- Krutikaa Krutikaa
- -- ♪Karthik♫ ♪Nadar♫ 07:36, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- Smarojit (talk) 10:26, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- Vikram Vincent (talk)
- Shahid Farooqui, IITB
- ManXiii (talk)
- Tanmay Shah
Interested but not sure
- Around The Globeसत्यमेव जयते 11:06, 30 April 2012 (UTC)
- §§AnimeshKulkarni (talk) 18:57, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
- Kartik Mistry talk 12:41, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- AnshumanF (talk) 20:12, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
- Harsh2580 (talk) 15:56, 3 May 2012 (UTC)
- Moksh Juneja talk
Please list post meeting coverages here.
- Facebook Event Page
- "Like" our http://facebook.com/WikimediaMumbai to get updates from the Mumbai WikiCommunity.
Please list coverage of this event by media here.
On Saturday, May 5th, 2012, Wikipedians and volunteers from Mumbai attended the 16th Wikipedia Mumbai Meetup. Attendants not only worthy of being the part of discussion, but also a part of a small party as our very own contributor Karthik Nadar turned 19! We started introducing ourselves. A couple of new visitors joined the family. We continued with casual Wikipedia talks, including individual projects and project ideas.
Altogether 10 people were present at the meetup. Contributors like Animesh Kulkarni and a newbie "Ojas Patole" attended the meetup for the first time and Rudolph Furtado (a regular contributor at the Commons) for the second time, while we missed few regular attendees owing to their busy schedule. Going ahead with the Wiki project Mumbai, our focus this month would be "Chor Bazaar". We'd be going to Chor Bazaar in a weeks time for information, pictures and stuffs like that. The new Wikipedians would be a part of this project with us.
We even discussed the Nehru Planetarium project. This might take some time, but we plan to start as soon as the authorities grant us permissions. A couple of smaller projects are in the list too which are mostly on individual level (at most group of 2-3).
Towards the end everybody shared their Wikipedia experiences. We departed around 7.30 p.m. Productive day for sure. Happy too.
Please upload to commons and add category Commons:Category:Mumbai Meetup May2012