From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the telephone numbers, see 555 (telephone number).
|Cardinal||five hundred fifty-five|
(five hundred and fifty-fifth)
|Factorization||3 × 5 × 37|
It is a sphenic number.
- 555 timer IC, a classic integrated circuit chip that has numerous timer and multivibrator applications, and historically widely used in electronics
Five hundred [and] fifty five is:
- The years AD 555 and 555 BC.
- The telephone exchange for fictitious phone numbers in US movies and video games — see 555 (telephone number) and North American Numbering Plan.
- The number of keyboard sonatas written by Domenico Scarlatti, according to the catalog by Ralph Kirkpatrick.
- A musical piece by Frank Zappa (Five-Five-FIVE). It refers to the time signature of the composition (5/8 - 5/8 - 5/4).
- The Thai version of lol in a text conversation. "5" in Thai is pronounced "ha," so three of them would be "hahaha."
- "5" in Mandarin Chinese is pronounced "wu" so three together would be "wuwuwu", which sounds somewhat like sobbing.
- The approximate height of the Washington Monument in feet.
- Adolf Hitler's DAP registration number. He was actually the 55th member, as the founders began registering with 500 to make it appear as if there were many more people in the party ranks than there actually were.
- The Greek gematrical equivalent to the word Necronomicon, according to Simon.
- Kamen Rider 555, a Japanese tokusatsu TV series, where "555" is read as "Φ's," "Phi's," or "Faiz."
- Cigarette brand, see State Express 555, a subsidiary of British American Tobacco
- 5:55 (pronounced in English "five fifty-five") is the second album by French musician and actress Charlotte Gainsbourg. "5:55" is also the first song on this album.
- Padova Rugby 555 ASD is an Italian non-professional rugby union team
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 555 (number).|
- 555-LIST list of fictional phone numbers
-  explanation of the song 'Heretic Anthem' by Slipknot which features 555 in the lyrics