|Secretary-General||Anupriya Patel (MLA-Rohania-Varanasi)|
|Founder||Dr.Sone Lal Patel|
|Founded||04 November 1995|
|Ideology||Social Justice for All, Women Empowerment, Inclusive Governance|
|ECI Status||State Party|
|Seats in Lok Sabha|
|Seats in UP Legislative Assembly|
|Politics of India
Apna Dal, is an Indian political party from the state of Uttar Pradesh. It was launched by Dr.Sone Lal Patel, and has a following among the Other Backward Caste, and has one member in the Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha. Apna Dal is founded in 4 November 1995. The Flag of Apna Dal has two colours orange and blue,half upper part is orange and half bottom part is blue.It is a party of all caste and religion. Apna Dal organised its first maharally at Beniyabag in Varanasi where lacs of people were present. On the date of 23 August 1999 police attacked on hundred of workers of Apna Dal. 
Dr.Sonelal Patel, an associate of Kanshi Ram, was one of the founders of the Bahujan Samaj Party, but developed differences with Mayawati and formed his own party in the early 2000s. In 2002 mafia don turned politician Atiq Ahmed won in the state elections from Allahabad. However, the Party failed to win any seats in the Indian general election, 2009 or Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, 2007.
In October 2009, Dr.Sone Lal Patel died in a car crash and the future of the party became uncertain. But Anupriya Patel, (Daughter of Dr. Sone Lal Patel) took the responsibility carry forward the Party and its Ideologies.
In the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections, 2012, Anupriya Patel, daughter of Dr. Sone Lal Patel won the assembly election seat from Rohania, Varanasi. The party tied up with other smaller groups such as the Peace Party of India.
The party has been officially assigned the Cup Soucer as its symbol for contesting elections.
2014 Lok Sabha elections
On 25th March 2014, Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP) announced an alliance with Apna Dal. It was further announced that Apna Dal will contest two seats in Mirzapur and Pratapgarh under the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) and it will extend support to the BJP for the remaining constituencies in Uttar Pradesh. Apna Dal won both of the above seats in 2014 General Lok Sabha election. 
Rakesh Kumar Verma alias R. K. Verma won vishwanathganj assembly constituency seat in BY election that held with parliamentry elections 2014.
- "List of Political Parties and Election Symbols main Notification Dated 18.01.2013". India: Election Commission of India. 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2013.
- "Mafia don-turned-politician Atiq Ahmed gets bail". Indian Express. 2012-02-03. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "Atique Ahmed files nomination from jail". Indian Express. 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "Apna Dal chief Sonelal Patel dies in a road mishap in Uttar Pradesh | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". Dnaindia.com. 2009-10-18. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- "brings the Latest & Top Breaking News on Politics, G-20 summit, Cricket, Sports, Business , State,Formula One in INDIA , Regional Language Audio Bulletins , Regional Language scripts & more". News On Air. 2012-08-15. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- By PTI (2014-03-24). "BJP strikes alliance with Apna Dal in Uttar Pradesh - The Economic Times". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2014-05-25.
- Special Correspondent (2014-03-24). "Apna Dal allies with NDA". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-05-25.