Christian Democratic Movement
|Christian Democratic Movement
|International affiliation||Centrist Democrat International (observer)|
|European affiliation||European People's Party|
|European Parliament group||European People's Party|
|Colours||White, red, blue (Colours of the Slovak flag)|
|Politics of Slovakia
The KDH is represented in the parliament. It was also member of the government coalition, but it left that coalition on 7 February 2006 due to disputes over an international treaty between Slovakia and the Holy See dealing with the Conscientious objection on religious grounds.
In the parliamentary election of 17 June 2006, the party won 8.3% of the popular vote and 14 out of 150 seats.
Four prominent parliamentary members (František Mikloško, Vladimír Palko, Rudolf Bauer and Pavol Minárik) left the party on 21 February 2008 due to their dissatisfaction with the party, its leadership and its policies, and founded the Conservative Democrats of Slovakia in July.
KDH is a member of the European People's Party (EPP).
- Parties and Elections in Europe: The database about parliamentary elections and political parties in Europe, by Wolfram Nordsieck
- José Magone (26 August 2010). Contemporary European Politics: A Comparative Introduction. Routledge. pp. 456–. ISBN 978-0-203-84639-1. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- Bakke, Elisabeth (2010), "Central and East European party systems since 1989", Central and Southeast European Politics Since 1989 (Cambridge University Press): 80
- Magone, José M. (2009), Comparative European Politics, Taylor & Francis, p. 364
- Bodnárova, Bernardína (2006), "Social Policy", Slovakia 2005: A Global Report on the State of Society (Institute for Public Affairs): 307
- Henderson, Karen (1999), "Minorities and Politics in the Slovak Republic", Minorities in Europe: Croatia, Estonia and Slovakia (Cambridge University Press): 150
- Bunce, Valerie; Wolchik, Sharon L. (2011), Defeating Authoritarian Leaders in Postcommunist Countries, Cambridge University Press, p. 64
- (Slovak) Official website
|This article about a Slovak political party is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|