|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||WB 25/WB 26|
|Sex ratio||2:1.8 ♂/♀|
Duttapukur is 30 km from Sealdah & 35 km from Howrah , 7 km from Barasat and 32 km from Bongaon on the Sealdah-Bongaon section of Eastern Railway  It is part of the Kolkata Suburban Railway system. It is connected to Kolkata and Bangladesh though land by Jessore Road (NH-35).
Netaji Subhas Chandra International Airport Kolkata is 22 km away from Duttapukur and connected through Jessore Road (NH-35)]].
As of 2011[update] India census, Duttapukur had a population of 79,815 (at proper Duttapukur Area). Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Duttapukur has an average literacy rate of 77%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 73%. In Duttapukur, 9% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- West Bengal Govt has declared that on and from 1 August 2013 Duttapukur (Formerly from Barasat Police Station Judiciaries) in the dist. North 24 Parganas shall be a Police Station and shall consist the area of Barasat Block -I area.
There are many primary and higher secondary schools.
Higher secondary schools:
- Nebadhai High School
- Nebadhai Balika Vidyalaya.
- Dattapukur Mahesh Vidyapith (H.S.), Ph.No.- 033-2536-5281
- Faldi High School (Co-Edu)
- Kashimpur (Boys) High School
- Kashimpur (Girls) High School
- Dighra (Boys) High School
- Dighra (Girls) High School
- Duttapukur Adarsha Vidyapith (Co-Edu)
- Rajiv Gandi Memorial School (Co-Edu)
- Haradayal Jn. High School (Co-Edu)
- Duttapukur Adarsha F.P School(Co-Edu)
- Shibumani Prathamik Vidyaloy (Co-Edu)
- Mahesh Vidyapith Prathamik Vidyaloy(Co-Edu)
- Nebadhui Prathamik Vidyaloy( Co-Edu)
- Chaltaberia Free Primary School (Co-Edu)
- Kalipada Sriti Siksha Mandir(Co-Edu)
National Award winner teachers: "National Teacher" award from Govt. of India
- Subrata Basu (Nebadhai High School)
- Swarnakamal Biswas (Duttapukur Mahesh Vidyapith) .
North 24 Parganas district has been identified as one of the areas where ground water is affected by arsenic contamination. In this connection, Rotary Club of Calcutta has taken a project purifying the rain water is to be given to the Kashimpur Boys & Girl’s High school both.
Local clubs also conducts health awareness programmes.
- Duttapukur Health Center (Duttapukur Hospital Road)
- Duttapukur Sub-Health Center (Duttapukur Gangapur-Halderbagan)
- Duttapukur Sub-Health Center(Duttapukur Nebadhai)
Duttapukur have four nos of Daily Vegetable Market at Nebadhai, Duttapukur Station,Duttapukur Hatkhola & Gangapur Area. Side by side it's also have two nos of Bi-weekly Hat at Duttapukur Hatkhola (One of the largest Vegetable-Fruits & Fish Market for bulk cum retail customer) & Juglighata Hat.
Recently Govt of West Bengal open a new Vegetable Market at Gangapur. (i.e Duttapukur Krishi Biponi Kendra)
- One new Shopping Mall has opened at Duttapukur Hatkhola (i.e Utsarga Bazar)
Six nos of Nationalised Banks & ATMs are located at Duttapukur in different location. Banks are:- Banks:-
- United Bank of India (Duttapukur Station Road, Sub Branch at Joypul)
- Bank of India (Duttapukur-Nilgange Road, Shibalaya Kashimpur More)
- State Bank of India (Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- Bank of Baroda (Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- ICICI Bank (Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- United Bank of India (1. Duttapukur Station Road, 2.Duttapur Hatkhola )
- Bank of India (1. Duttapukur-Nilgange Road-Gangapur)
- State Bank of India (1. Duttapukur Hatkhola, 2. Duttapur Hatkhola-Station Road, 3. Nebadhai Bazar, 4. Hospital Road (near DTK Rly Station)
- Bank of Baroda (1.Duttapukur Hatkhola)
- Axis Bank (1. Duttapukur Hatkhola-Station Road)
- HDFC Bank (1. Duttapukur Hatkhola-Station Road)
- ICICI Bank (1. Duttapukur Hatkhola)
Other Govt. Offices:-
- WBSEDCL (Electric Office) (Duttapukur Station Road)
- India Post office (Pin-743248) (Duttapukur Station Road)
- BSNL Office (Ph no 2536 xxxx) (Duttapukur Jessore Road)
- National Insurance of India Copr. (Duttapukur Jessore Road Hatkhola)
- West Bengal Govt Revenue Collection office for Local Area (Duttapukur Jessore Road & Station Road)
- Duttapukur Police Station
- Duttapukur PHE office
- Duttapukur Health Center
Other Important Offices:-
- Indial Oil Gas office (Duttapukur Jessore Road)
The climate is tropical — like the rest of the Gangetic West Bengal. The hallmark is the Monsoon — from early June to mid September. The weather remains dry during the winter (mid November to mid February) and humid during summer. Temperature :40 °C in May(Max) and 10 °C in January(Min) Relative Humidity: Between 55% in March & 98% in July Rainfall: 1,579mm(Normal)
It is 30 km from Sealdah Station and 8 km from Barasat on the Sealdah-Bangaon branch line of Eastern Railway. It is part of the Kolkata Suburban Railway system. Duttapukur is directly connected on NH 35 (Jessore Road).
Buses from Kolkata, Dashineshar, Barasat, Habra, Bongaon are directly connected to Duttapukur by Jessore Road (NH-35). Naihati, Habra, Madhyamgram, Bangaon, Barasat, Nagarukhra, Kalyani, Basirhat, Kolkata, Bagdah, Chakdah, Digha, Durgapur, Baruipur, Howrah, krishnanagar, Behala, Alampur, Dattaphulia, Nimta, Sodepur, etc. all area in south Bengal are well connected to Duttapukur Via Barasat.
- District-wise list of statutory towns
- Eastern Railway time table.
- "Primary census abstract data". Census of India. Retrieved 23 February 2014. (For census towns, select "urban" radio button, then select state, district and sub-district. A drop down list of towns well appear. Select the town.)
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (19 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2007-08-24.