|Traded as||BSE: 532174
BSE SENSEX Constituent
CNX Nifty Constituent
|Industry||Banking, Financial services|
|Key people||K.V. Kamath (Chairman)
Ms.Chanda Kochhar (MD & CEO)
|Products||Credit cards, Consumer banking, corporate banking, finance and insurance, investment banking, mortgage loans, private banking, wealth management|
|Revenue||US$ 13.52 billion (2012)|
|Operating income||US$ 2.12 billion (2012)|
|Profit||US$ 1.60 billion (2012)|
|Total assets||US$ 98.99 billion (2012)|
|Total equity||US$ 12.62 billion (2012)|
ICICI Bank is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai. It is the second largest bank in India by assets and by market capitalzation, as of 2014. It offers a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and through its specialized subsidiaries in the areas of investment banking, life, non-life insurance, venture capital and asset management. The Bank has a network of 3,539 branches and 11,162 ATMs in India, and has a presence in 19 countries.
ICICI Bank is one of the Big Four banks of India, along with State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank and Bank of Baroda. The bank has subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Russia, and Canada; branches in United States, Singapore, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka, Qatar and Dubai International Finance Centre; and representative offices in United Arab Emirates, China, South Africa, Bangladesh, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. The company's UK subsidiary has also established branches in Belgium and Germany.
In March 2013, Operation Red Spider showed high-ranking officials and some employees of ICICI Bank involved in money laundering. After a government inquiry, ICICI Bank suspended 18 employees and faced penalties from the Reserve Bank of India in relation to the activity.
- 1 Corporate history
- 2 Corporate governance
- 3 Creation of market infrastructure in India
- 4 Corporate Social Responsibility programmes for Elementary Education
- 5 Products
- 6 Go Green Initiative
- 7 Subsidiaries
- 8 Acquisitions
- 9 Awards
- 10 Controversies
- 11 Credit Rating
- 12 See also
- 13 References
- 14 External links
ICICI Bank was established by the Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India, an Indian financial institution, as a wholly owned subsidiary in 1955. The parent company was formed in 1955 as a joint-venture of the World Bank, India's public-sector banks and public-sector insurance companies to provide project financing to Indian industry. The bank was initially known as the Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India Bank, before it changed its name to the abbreviated ICICI Bank. The parent company was later merged with the bank.
ICICI Bank launched internet banking operations in 1998.
ICICI's shareholding in ICICI Bank was reduced to 46 percent, through a public offering of shares in India in 1998, followed by an equity offering in the form of American Depositary Receipts on the NYSE in 2000. ICICI Bank acquired the Bank of Madura Limited in an all-stock deal in 2001 and sold additional stakes to institutional investors during 2001-02.
In the 1990s, ICICI transformed its business from a development financial institution offering only project finance to a diversified financial services group, offering a wide variety of products and services, both directly and through a number of subsidiaries and affiliates like ICICI Bank. In 1999, ICICI become the first Indian company and the first bank or financial institution from non-Japan Asia to be listed on the NYSE.
In 2000, ICICI Bank became the first Indian bank to list on the New York Stock Exchange with its five million American depository shares issue generating a demand book 13 times the offer size.
In October 2001, the Boards of Directors of ICICI and ICICI Bank approved the merger of ICICI and two of its wholly owned retail finance subsidiaries, ICICI Personal Financial Services Limited and ICICI Capital Services Limited, with ICICI Bank. The merger was approved by shareholders of ICICI and ICICI Bank in January 2002, by the High Court of Gujarat at Ahmedabad in March 2002 and by the High Court of Judicature at Mumbai and the Reserve Bank of India in April 2002.
In 2008, following the 2008 financial crisis, customers rushed to ICICI ATMs and branches in some locations due to rumours of adverse financial position of ICICI Bank. The Reserve Bank of India issued a clarification on the financial strength of ICICI Bank to dispel the rumours.
- Group Anti Money Laundering Policy: The ICICI Group AML Policy establishes the standards of AML compliance and is applicable to all activities.
- Code of Conduct: ICICI Bank has formulated a Code of Business Conduct and Ethics for its directors and employees.
Creation of market infrastructure in India
ICICI Bank has contributed to set up different institutions which include the following:
- National Stock Exchange
The National Stock Exchange was promoted by India’s leading financial institutions (including ICICI Ltd.) in 1992 on behalf of the Government of India with the objective of establishing a nationwide trading facility for equities, debt instruments and hybrids, by ensuring equal access to investors all over the country through an appropriate communication network.
- Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited
In 1987, ICICI Ltd along with UTI set up CRISIL as India's first professional credit rating agency. CRISIL offers a comprehensive range of integrated products and service offerings which include credit ratings, capital market information, industry analysis and detailed reports.
- National Commodities and Derivatives Exchange Limited
NCDEX is a professionally managed online multi-commodity exchange, set up in 2003, by ICICI Bank Ltd, LIC, NABARD, NSE, Canara Bank, CRISIL, Goldman Sachs, Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) and Punjab National Bank.
- Financial Innovation Network and Operations Pvt Ltd.
ICICI Bank has facilitated setting up of "FINO Cross Link to Case Link Study" in 2006, as a company that would provide technology solutions and services to reach the underserved and underbanked population of the country. Using cutting edge technologies like smart cards, biometrics and a basket of support services, FINO enables financial institutions to conceptualise, develop and operationalise projects to support sector initiatives in microfinance and livelihoods.
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), an autonomous body and not-for-profit society, was set up in 1983, by the erstwhile apex financial institutions like IDBI, ICICI, IFCI and SBI with the support of the Government of Gujarat as a national resource organisation committed to entrepreneurship development, education, training and research.
- North Eastern Development Finance Corporation
North Eastern Development Finance Corporation (NEDFI) was promoted by national level financial institutions like ICICI Ltd in 1995 at Guwahati, Assam for the development of industries, infrastructure, animal husbandry, agri-horticulture plantation, medicinal plants, sericulture, aquaculture, poultry and dairy in the North Eastern states of India. NEDFI is the premier financial and development institution for the North East region.
- Asset Reconstruction Company India Limited
Following the enactment of the Securitisation Act in 2002, ICICI Bank together with other institutions, set up Asset Reconstruction Company India Limited (ARCIL) in 2003, to create a facilitative environment for the resolution of distressed debt in India. ARCIL was established to acquire non performing assets (NPAs) from financial institutions and banks with a view to enhance the management of these assets and help in the maximisation of recovery. This would relieve institutions and banks from the burden of pursuing NPAs, and allow them to focus on core banking activities.
- Credit Information Bureau of India Limited
ICICI Bank has also helped in setting up Credit Information Bureau of India Limited (CIBIL), India’s first national credit bureau in 2000. CIBIL provides a repository of information (which contains the credit history of commercial and consumer borrowers) to its members in the form of credit information reports. The members of CIBIL include banks, financial institutions, state financial corporations, non-banking financial companies, housing finance companies and credit card companies.
- Institutional Investor Advisory Services India Limited (IiAS)
ICICI Bank has indirectly invested, through ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company, in IiAS. IiAS is a voting advisory firm aka proxy firm, dedicated to providing participants in the Indian market with data, research and commentary. It provides recommendations on resolutions placed before shareholders of over 300 companies.
Corporate Social Responsibility programmes for Elementary Education
- Read to Lead Phase I: Read to Lead is an initiative of ICICI Bank to facilitate access to elementary education for underprivileged children in the age group of 3–14 years including girls and tribal children from the remote rural areas. The Read to Lead initiative supports partner NGOs to design and implement programmes that mobilise parent and community involvement in education, strengthen schools and enable children to enter and complete formal elementary education. Read to Lead has reached out to 100,000 children across 14 states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Orissa, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
- Read to Lead Phase II:
In Phase II of the Read to Lead programme, ICICI Bank has supported the establishment of 63 libraries that will reach out to approximately 7,200 children in the rural areas of Jagdalpur block of Bastar district in Chhattisgarh. The programme includes building libraries, sourcing books and conducting various interactive activities to make the library a dynamic centre for learning.
'Pockets by ICICI Bank'
In September 2013, ICICI Bank launched a first of its kind app on Facebook 'Pockets by ICICI Bank' across the globe to enable customers to carry out a wide range of financial transactions on Facebook  Customers can access the ICICI Bank app  by logging into their Facebook account and then going to the official ICICI Bank Facebook page, and clicking on the tab for Pockets by ICICI Bank. The customer then registers online with their debit card number and PIN, and selecting a new four digit PIN for subsequent logins. Through the app, customers can make payments to friends, recharge prepaid mobile and book movie tickets. One can also carry out non-financial transactions such as accessing a mini statement of their savings bank account, getting demat holding statements, opening fixed or recurring deposit, order a cheque book, stop a cheque payment, upgrade debit card, among others.
Some of the key features of 'Pockets by ICICI Bank' are:
Split n share: It allows customers to split and track group expenses and share them with friends on Facebook. The app also gives the customer the option of sending messages to remind friends on pending payments.
Pay a friend: It allows customers to transfer funds to their friends without knowing their bank account details like account number, bank branch, branch IFSC code etc. Through this facility, customers can create electronic coupons that can be redeemed by their friends on the bank website icicibank.com 
ICICI Bank has rolled-out the programme ‘MySavings Rewards’ from 1 September 2012, where reward points are offered to individual domestic customers for a variety of transactions done through the savings bank account. Reward points are offered automatically to customers for activating Internet banking, shopping online/ paying utility bills with Internet banking and auto-debit from savings account towards equated monthly installments for home/ auto/ personal loan/ recurring deposit. Customers are required to maintain a monthly average balance of 15,000 or more.
Customers can redeem their reward points by
- logging into his ICICI Bank internet banking account
- Calling up customer care
- Walking into the nearest ICICI Bank branch
iWish- the flexible recurring deposit
iWish is a flexible recurring deposit product launched by ICICI Bank for its savings account customers. iWish is a fun and flexible way to encourage savings among youth for fulfilling aspirations. Unlike a traditional recurring deposit, iWish allows customers to save varying amounts of money at any time of their choice. Customers can create several goals and track their progress on an easy-to-use online interface. They can also share their wishes on Facebook and let their friends and family be a part of their dreams by contributing to their account from any bank account. There will be no penalties if a customer misses his monthly contribution to the recurring deposit. The minimum duration is six months and a customer can open this account starting with 500.
The key features of iWish are:
- Flexibility: Flexible recurring deposit allows a customer to deposit any amount at any point of time. Customers also have an option of depositing money by giving a standing instruction.
- Better returns: Customers can earn recurring deposit interest rates on their iWish account while enjoying the freedom of not having to deposit every month.
- Sharing: Customers can choose to share their wishes on Facebook and let their friends and family be part of their dreams.
- Contributions: iWish gives an opportunity to the family and friends of a customer to contribute and help him attain his aspirations faster. Contributions can be made from any bank account using a VISA debit card.
ICICI Bank has developed this product in collaboration with Social Money.
Go Green Initiative
The Go Green Initiative is an organisation wide initiative that moves beyond moving people, processes and customers to cost effective automated channels to build awareness and consciousness of our environment,our nation and our society.
ICICI Bank’s Green initiative is to make healthy environment in the organisation i.e.; to create intrapersonal skills amongs the customer and understanding between employees of the organisation.
Broad objectives of the ICICI are:
(a) to assist in the creation, expansion and modernisation of private concerns;
(b) to encourage the participation of internal and external capital in the private concerns;
(c) to encourage private ownership of industrial investment.
Green products and services
It is the platform that brings together all alternate channels under one umbrella and gives customers the option of banking through Internet banking, i-Mobile banking, IVR Banking. This reduces the carbon footprint of the customers by ensuring they do not have to resort to physical statements or travel to their branches.
- Vehicle Finance
As an initiative towards more environment friendly way of life, Auto loans offer 50% waiver on processing fee on car models which uses alternate mode of energy. The models identified for the purpose are, Maruti's LPG version of Maruti 800, Omni and Versa, Hyundai's Santro Eco, Civic Hybrid of Honda, Reva electric cars, Tata Indica CNG and Mahindra Logan CNG versions.
Carbon Footprint Calculator
Inputs include region, user input of the distance traveled in a particular medium of transport daily, electricity consumed per month and LPG cylinder/piped natural gas used per month. It calculates the net carbon footprint to create awareness and sensitize people about the environment.It also shows the world's and India's average carbon footprint.
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited
- ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company Limited
- ICICI Prudential Trust Limited
- ICICI Securities Limited
- ICICI Securities Primary Dealership Limited
- ICICI Venture Funds Management Company Limited
- ICICI Home Finance Company Limited
- ICICI Investment Management Company Limited
- ICICI Trusteeship Services Limited
- ICICI Prudential Pension Funds Management Company Limited 
- ICICI Bank UK PLC
- ICICI Bank Canada
- ICICI Bank Eurasia Limited Liability Company
- ICICI Securities Holdings Inc.
- ICICI Securites Inc.
- ICICI International LImited
- 1996: SCICI Ltd. A diversified financial institution with headquarters in Mumbai
- 1997: ITC Classic Finance. Incorporated in 1986, ITC Classic was a non-bank financial firm that engaged in hire,m purchase, and leasing operations. At the time of being acquired, ITC Classic had eight offices, 26 outlets, and 700 brokers.
- 1998: Anagram Finance. Anagram had built up a network of some 50 branches in Gujarat, Rajasthan, and Maharashtra that were primarily engaged in retail financing of cars and trucks. It also had some 250,000 depositors.
- 2001: Bank of Madurai
- 2002: The Darjeeling and Shimla branches of Grindlays Bank
- 2005: Investitsionno-Kreditny Bank (IKB), a Russian bank
- 2007: Sangli Bank. Sangli Bank was a private sector unlisted bank, founded in 1916, and 30% owned by the Bahte family. Its headquarters were in Sangli in Maharashtra, and it had 198 branches. It had 158 in Maharashtra and 31 in Karnataka, and others in Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Goa, and Delhi. Its branches were relatively evenly split between metropolitan areas and rural or semi-urban areas.
- 2010: The Bank of Rajasthan (BOR) was acquired by the ICICI Bank in 2010 for 3,000 crores. RBI was critical of BOR's promoters not reducing their holdings in the company. BOR has since been merged with ICICI Bank.
- Best Bank in India Award presented by Euromoney Magazine
- ICICI Bank has been conferred the Euromoney Award 2007 for the Best Bank in the Asia-Pacific Region
- ICICI Bank wins the Excellence in Remittance Business award by The Asian Banker
- ICICI Bank bags the "Best bank in SME financing (Private Sector)" at the Dun & Bradstreet Banking awards
- ICICI Bank is the only Indian brand to figure in the BrandZ Top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands Report, second year in a row
- ICICI Bank ranked 5th in the list of "57 Indian Companies", and 288 th in World Rankings in Forbes Global 2000 list.
- ICICI Bank has won the "Banking Technology Awards 2010" at The Indian Banks Association in the following categories
- ICICI Bank was recognised for its Special Citation of the Fully Electronic Branch Service Channel, first set up at Hiranandani Estate, Thane, at the Financial Insights Innovation Awards held in conjunction with Asian Financial Services Congress
- For the second year in a row, ICICI Bank was ranked 70th in the Brandirectory league tables of the worlds most valuable brands by, The BrandFinance® Banking 500
- ICICI Bank was ranked 1st in the Banking and Finance category and 9th in the "2010 Best Companies To Work For" by Business Today
- ICICI Bank UK, HiSAVE product range has been awarded the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2011 for the 'Best Online Savings Provider'
- For the second consecutive year, ICICI Bank was ranked second in the "India's 50 Biggest Financial Companies", in The BW REAL 500 by Business World
- ICICI Bank was one of the winners in the Global Awards for Enterprise & IT Architecture Excellence. ICICI Bank bagged the award in the ‘Business Intelligence and Analytics' category.
- The Brand Trust Report ranks ICICI among the top 4 most trusted financial institutions.
- ICICI Bank awarded "House Of The Year (India)", by Asia Risk magazine, for eighth time in a row since 2004
- ICICI Bank awarded the most Tech-friendly Bank award by Business World
- ICICI Bank received the Best Trade Finance Bank in India by The Asset Triple A Award, Hong Kong
- ICICI Bank is the first and the only Indian brand to be ranked as the 45th most valuable global brand by BrandZ Top 100 Global Brands Report
- Airtel, ICICI among 'top 100 global brands' 
- ICICI Bank won the "Best Bond House (India) 2011", by IFR Asia 
- ICICI Bank awarded the Best Bank (India) by Global Finance 
- ICICI Bank won the "Century International Quality Era Award" at Geneva 
- ICICI Bank was awarded the "Best Foreign Exchange Bank (India)" by Finance Asia Country Awards.
- ICICI Bank received the "Dataquest Technology Innovation Awards 2012" for Data centre migration by Dataquest.
- ICICI Bank was conferred the Best Performance Award for Self Help Group (SHG) Bank Linkage Programme in NABARD's State Level Awards announced by their Maharashtra Regional Office. The Bank received the first prize for the year 2010-11 in the Private Sector Bank category and 2nd runner up for the year 2011-12 in the Commercial Bank category.
- For the second consecutive year, ICICI Bank won the NPCI's NFS Operational Excellence Awards in the MNC and Private Sector Banks Category for its ATM network.
- Mr.K.V.Kamath was awarded the "Hall Of Fame" by Outlook Money for his long standing contribution in the financial services sector.
- ICICI Bank won the Best Bank - India Award by The Banker.
- Ms. Chanda Kochhar ranked 18th in the Fortune's list of '2012 Businesspersons of the Year'. The 50 global leaders is Fortune's annual ranking of leaders who are "the best in business".
- Ms. Chanda Kochhar tops the list of "50 Most Powerful Women in Business" by Fortune India.
- ICICI Bank tops the list of "Private sector and Foreign Banks" by Brand Equity, Most Trusted Brands 2012. It ranks 15th in the "Top Service 50 Brands".
- For the third consecutive year, ICICI Bank ranked second in "India's 50 Biggest Financial Companies" in The BW Real 500 by Businessworld.
- For the second year in a row, Ms. Chanda Kochhar, Managing Director & CEO was ranked 5th in the International list of 50 Most Powerful Women In Business by Fortune.
- ICICI Bank tops the list of most fans in India and globally ranks fifth amongst financial institutions on Facebook in the social media engagement study conducted by Ketchum Sampark.
- ICICI Bank in the Private Sector Bank category won the Best Technology Bank Of The Year, Best Financial Inclusion Initiative and Best Use Of Technology In Training and e-Learning by Indian Bank's Association (IBA) Technology Awards. The Bank also received the first runner up for Best Online Bank, Best Customer Relationship Initiative and Best Use Of Mobility Technology in Banking by IBA Technology Awards .
- ICICI Bank awarded the Best SME Bank for Treasury and Working Capital (India) by The Asset Triple A.
- ICICI Bank received the Best Trade Finance House and Best Cash Management House by The Corporate Treasurer Alliance Country Awards.
- ICICI Bank awarded the Best Private Sector Bank in Global Business Development, Rural Reach and SME financing categories by Dun & Bradstreet - Polaris Financial Technology Banking Awards.
- ICICI Bank has been adjudged winner at the Express IT Innovation Award under the Large Enterprise category
- ICICI Bank wins awards under the categories of 'Most Innovative Bank' and 'Most Innovative use of Multi-Channel Infrastructure' at the Indian Bank's Association's BANCON Innovation Awards 2013.
- ICICI Bank won the Asian Banking & Finance Retail Banking Award 2013 for the Online Banking Initiative of the Year 
- ICICI Bank won an award under the Social Media category at the InformationWeek EDGE Award 
- Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD and CEO has been awarded as the Best CEO - Private Sector category at the Forbes India Leadership Awards 2013.
- Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, has been named as the most powerful woman in business in India for the third consecutive year in Fortune's list of '50 Most Powerful Women In Business: The Global 50'. She is also among the four most powerful women in business in the world, according to the list.
- ICICI Bank received the award for 'Best Private Sector Banker' by the Sunday Standard Best Bankers Awards 2013.
- ICICI Bank has been awarded the 'Best Banker - All round expansion' by the Sunday Standard Best Bankers Awards 2013.
- ICICI Bank won 'Best Banker - Efficiency & Profitability' by the Sunday Standard Best Bankers Awards 2013.
- Mr KV Kamath, Chairman, receives the "AIMA Managing India" Award for "Outstanding Institution Builder"
- Ms Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, receives the "AIMA JRD Tata Corporate Leadership Award" 2012 
- ICICI Bank has won the Trade Finance Magazine Award for Excellence 2013, under the category of 'Asia Pacific Awards : Best Trade Bank in India'
- ICICI Bank received the Asian Banking & Finance Wholesale Banking Awards 2013 for the India Domestic Trade Finance Bank of the Year
- ICICI Bank Limited has been awarded as the Best Private Sector Bank under the category Global Business Development for the Dun & Bradstreet - Polaris Financial Technology Banking Awards 2013
- ICICI Bank has been one of the recipients of the Corporate Governance Asia Annual Recognition Awards 2013
- Ms Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, is one of the recipients from India, for the 4th Asian Corporate Director Recognition Awards 2013 
- ICICI Bank has won the Best Bank Award for Use of IT for Business Innovation Among Large Banks from the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- ICICI Bank has received the Special Award for Best IT Team Among Private Sector Banks from the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- ICICI Bank won the Special Award for Electronic Payment Systems Among Large Banks from the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- ICICI Bank receievd Special Award for Mobile Banking Among Large Banks from the Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
- ICICI Bank ranks 10th in Fortune India's list of 50 most admired companies in India.
- Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, was ranked as the most powerful business woman in India in Forbes' list of 'The World's 100 Most Powerful Women 2013'.
- ICICI Bank Limited has been conferred the Best Remittance Business award at The Asian Banker's International Excellence in Retail Financial Services 2013 Awards ceremony.
- ICICI Bank was honored with the Medici Innovation Hall of Fame Award, instituted by The Medici Institute in collaboration with the Medici Group, USA.
- ICICI Bank and its IT partner Fundtech won The Asian Banker Technology Implementation Award for the Convergence Banking project from Asian Banker.
- Ms Chanda Kochhar received the 'Transformation Leader Award' by NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2012.
- For the second consecutive year, Mr. N.S.Kannan, Executive Director & CFO, received the "Best Performing CFO", in the Banking / Financial Services category by CNBC - TV 18.
- Ms. Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, was also featured in the Power List 2013 of 25 most powerful women in Inda by India Today, for the third year in a row.
- Ms. Chanda Kochhar is the only Indian to be featured in the Dow Jones list of Most Influential Female Executives in the World of the last decade. She is ranked 12th in the global list.
- ICICI Bank awarded the Most Admired Infrastructure Debt Financer and PPP Project of the Year: Yamuna Expressway Project, in the 5th KPMG Infrastructure Today Awards by ASAPP Media Information Group
- For the 4th consecutive year, ICICI Bank won the Celent Model Bank for the next generation technology oriented banking solutions.
- ICICI Bank was awarded a "Special IT Innovation Award" by Lenovo - NASSCOM and CNBC-TV18.
- ICICI Bank was the winner of "6th Loyalty Awards" for My Savings Rewards by AIMIA (global leader in Loyalty).
- ICICI Bank UK PLC's online savings product HiSAVE won the "Highly Commended" (2nd rank) at the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards.
- ICICI Bank received the "Gram Samvad",Service for Low cost/Small budget marketing initiative Award by Rural Marketing Association of India (RMAI).
- Ms. Chanda Kochhar awarded the Businessperson Of The Year 2012 by Business India. She is the first woman recipient of this award in 31 years.
- ICICI Bank won the Best domestic bank, India by The Asset Triple A Country Awards.
Inhuman debt recovery methods
A few years after its rise to prominence in the banking sector, ICICI bank faced allegations on the recovery methods it used against loan payment defaulters. A number of cases were filed against the bank and its employees for using "brutal measures" to recover the money. Most of the allegations were that the bank was using goons to recover the credit card payments and that these "recovery agents" exhibited inappropriate and in some cases, inhuman behavior. Incidents were reported wherein the defaulters were put to "public shame" by the recovery agents.
The bank also faced allegations of inappropriate behavior in recovering its loans. These allegations started initially when the "recovery agents" and bank employees started threatening the defaulters. In some cases, notes written by the bank's employees asking the defaulters to "sell everything in the house including family members", were found. Such charges faced by the bank rose to a peak when suicide cases were reported wherein the suicide notes spoke of the Bank's recovery methods as the cause of the suicide. This led to a lot of legal battles and the bank paying huge compensations.
Money laundering allegations
ICICI Bank was one of the leading Indian banks accused of blatant money laundering through violation of RBI guidelines in the famous CobraPost sting operation which shook up Indian banking industry during April–May 2013.
On 14 March 2013 the online magazine Cobrapost released video footage from Operation Red Spider showing high-ranking officials and some employees of ICICI Bank agreeing to convert black money into white, an act in violation of Money Laundering Control Act. The Government of India and Reserve Bank of India ordered an inquiry following the exposé. On 15 March 2013, ICICI Bank suspended 18 employees, pending inquiry. On 11 April 2013 Deputy Governor of RBI, H R Khan reportedly told that the central bank is initiating action against ICICI Bank in connexion with allegations of money laundering.
- Indian banking
- List of companies of India
- List of banks in India
- ICICI Lombard
- ICICI Manipal Academy of Banking and Insurance
- ICICI Prudential
- ICICI Bank on Wikinvest
- MySavings Rewards
- "2011 ICICI Bank Ltd.". Yahoo.
- About Us | History. ICICI Bank.com. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
- "ICICI Bank inaugurates a new branch in Kolkata". Live Mint. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "About Us". ICICI.com.
- "Profile:ICICI Bank Ltd (IBN)". Reuters. Retrieved 9 October 2013.
- "ICICI UK opens branch in Frankfurt". Sify.com. 29 February 2008. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Money laundering case: ICICI bank suspends 18 employees". zee news. 15 March 2013. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "Probes Begin as Top Indian Banks Are Embroiled in Sting Operation". Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- Ronamai, Raymond (March 15, 2013). "India's Private Banks Under Scanner: Is RBI to be Blamed for Money Laundering?". International Business Times. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- PTI (April 12, 2013). "Cobrapost expose: IRDA report likely next week". The Hindu (Chennai, India). Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- pti (11 April 2013). "Cobrapost expose: RBI initiating action against banks over money laundering allegations". DNA. Retrieved 18 April 2013.
- "NOS on ICICI". NOS org.
- "about ICICI". lloydstsb.
- "ICICI Bank _NYSE". Mondovisione.
- "ICICI_ICICI Bank merger". Business Standard.
- "ICICI Financial Rumours". Indian Express.
- "A global analytical company providing Ratings, Research, and Risk and Policy Advisory services". CRISIL. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Commodity Market|Commodity Price|Futures|Trading|Bullion|Indian Commodity Exchange|Agri Commodity Price|Commodities". NCDEX. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "FINO". FINO. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "EDII". EDII.
- "North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd". Nedfi.com. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "home". 220.127.116.11. 10 June 2010. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "international_scenario". 18.104.22.168. 2 December 2009. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Welcome to CIBIL". Cibil.com. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Education". CSO Partners. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "New app opens ICICI Bank counter on Facebook". The Hindu Business line. September 24, 2013.
- "ICICI Bank launches ‘Pockets by ICICI Bank’". ICICI Bank. September 24, 2013.
- "ICICI Bank launches Facebook app to tap mobile banking". ZD net. October 25, 2013.
- "ICICI Bank Launches Facebook Banking App Pockets". Medianama. September 25, 2013.
- "Pockets By ICICI Bank – A Safe And Social Way Of Banking Through Facebook. Needs To Be Mobile Optimized Though". Lighthouse Insights. September 26, 2013.
- "ICICI Bank to offer reward points to SB accountholders". The Hindu Business Line. 30 September 2012.
- "ICICI Bank launches online Flexible Recurring Deposit product "iWish"". India Infoline. 5 December 2012.
- "ICICI goes green, makes offices eco-friendly - Business News - IBNLive". Ibnlive.in.com, covers instabanking, vehicle financing. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- Author(s): Koyel Mandal. "Online Carbon Footprint Calculator for ICICI Bank « Centre for Development Finance". Cdf.ifmr.ac.in. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Carbon Footprint Calculator". Icicibank.com. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Annual Reports - 2012". ICICI Bank.
- "ICICI Bank best bank in India: Euromoney - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. 14 September 2004. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "Euromoney Award for ICICI Bank". News.oneindia.in. 3 August 2007. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "ICICI Bank wins 'Excellence in Remittance Business' award - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 19 May 2008. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- Business Standard. "ICICI Bank wins the Dun & Bradstreet Banking Awards 2009". Business-standard.com. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "ICICI Bank only Indian firm in top 100 global brands list - Economic Times". Articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com. 9 May 2011. Retrieved 30 July 2011.
- "57 Indian firms in Forbes Global 2000 list". articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 23 April 2011. Retrieved 23 April 2011.[dead link]
- "IBA Awards". http://www.hdfcbank.com/aboutus/awards/IBA_Awards_Mar11.htm. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- "ICICI Bank was recognised for its Special Citation of the Fully Electronic Branch Service Channel". http://www.idc.com/AP/pressrelease.jsp?containerId=prSG22679911. Retrieved 31 January 2011.
- "ICICI Bank was ranked 70th in the Brandirectory league tables of the worlds most valuable brands". http://www.brandirectory.com/league_tables/table/global_banking_500/index.php?page=2.
- "ICICI Bank was ranked 1st in the Banking and Finance category and 9th in the "2010 Best Companies To Work For" by Business Today". http://businesstoday.intoday.in/story/best-companies-to-work-for-survey/1/12570.html. Retrieved 6 February 2011.
- "ICICI Bank UK, HiSAVE product range has been awarded the Consumer Moneyfacts Awards 2011 for the 'Best Online Savings Provider'". http://www.moneyfactsgroup.co.uk/awards/2011/ca/winners.asp.
- "For the second consecutive year, ICICI Bank was ranked second in the "India's 50 Biggest Financial Companies". http://www.businessworld.in/businessworld. 15 October 2011. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "For the second consecutive year, ICICI Bank was ranked second in the "India's 50 Biggest Financial Companies". http://news.yahoo.com. 9 August 2011. Retrieved 15 October 2011.
- "Components of trust that brands can focus on". thehindubusinessline.com. 18 May 2011.
- "ICICI Bank awarded "House Of The Year (India)", by Asia Risk magazine, for eighth time in a row since 2004". http://www.risk.net/asia-risk/feature/2119117/house-india-icici-bank. 21 October 2011.
- "ICICI Bank awarded the most Tech-friendly Bank award by Business World". http://www.businessworld.in/businessworld/businessworld/content/Best-Bank-2011.html. 3 December 2011.
- "ICICI Bank received the Best Trade Finance Bank in India by The Asset Triple A Award, Hong Kong". http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/icici-bank-namedbest-transaction-bank-in-india/352777/.
- "ICICI Bank is the first and the only Indian brand to be ranked as the 45th most valuable global brand by BrandZ Top 100 Global Brands Report". http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/ICICI+ranked+45th+among+100+most+valuable+global+brands/1/95113.html.
- "Airtel, ICICI among 'top 100 global brands'". http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Airtel-ICICI-among-top-100-globalbrands/articleshow/13415411.cms.
- "ICICI Bank won the "Best Bond House (India) 2011", by IFR Asia". http://smartinvestor.business-standard.com/company/direcrpt-5418-ICICI_Bank_Ltd.htm.
- "ICICI Bank awarded the Best Bank (India) by Global Finance". http://www.gfmag.com/archives/153-may-2012/11757-worlds-best-banks-2012-asia.html#axzz1ys0SmlI0.
- "ICICI Bank won the "Century International Quality Era Award" at Geneva.". http://www.neussner.com/index.php?link=ojdat7Tm8M.
- "ICICI Bank was awarded the "Best Foreign Exchange Bank (India)" by Finance Asia Country Awards.". http://profit.ndtv.com/Corporate/Company-History/132174/ICICI-Bank-Ltd-?microslug=livebudget2012.
- "Outlook Money Awards". Investor.com.
- "Bank of the Year Awards 2012". TheBanker.com.
- "Ajay Banga, Chanda Kochhar among Fortune 2012 businesspersons". TheEconomicsTimes.com. November 20, 2012.
- "Most Trusted Brands *Category-wise toppers". TheEconomicsTimes.com. November 7, 2012.
- "THE BW REAL 500 RANKINGS: INDIA'S 50 BIGGEST FINANCIAL COMPANIES - ICICI BANK LIMITED (reports total income of Rs66,658.28 crore for 2011-2012).". accessmylibrary.com. October 29, 2012.
- "Indian brands outperform global brands on engagement: Ketchum Sampark social media study". campaignindia.in. September 14, 2012.
- "The Asset Triple A Awards 2012 - Best in Treasury & Working Capital". theasset.com.
- "Alliance Awards: Winners Announced". TheCorporateTreasurer.com. July 30, 2012.
- "These are India's top banks in 2012". Rediff.com. September 13, 2012.
- "Express IT Awards Winners". Express IT Awards.
- "Asian Banking & Finance Awards 2013". Asian Banking and Finance. July 18, 2013.
- "InformationWeek honors Diamond and Silver EDGE award winners". Information week. 7 November 2013.
- "Forbes India Leadership Awards 2013: Celebrating the best and bravest". Forbes India. October 17, 2013.
- "ICICI CEO Kochhar ranked fourth on Fortune's women business leaders list". NDTV Profit. October 21, 2013.
- "The Sunday Standard Best Bankers' Awards 2013 winners list". The Sunday Standard. 8 Sep 2013.
- "AIMA to present Managing India Awards-2013 to Azim Premji, KV Kamath, Chanda Kochhar". Cool Avenues. September 24, 2013.
- "AIMA - JRD TATA Corporate Leadership Award". AIMA.
- "ComBank adjudged SL's 'Best Trade Bank' for 4th time". Daily News. September 2, 2013.
- "SBI and HDFC Bank win top honors at D&B – Polaris Financial Technology Banking Awards 2013". India Infoline. Aug 26, 2013.
- "Chanda Kochhar". Penn Globale. Aug 26, 2013.
- "IDRBT sets up Centre for information Assurance and Management". IDRBT.
- "TCS replaces Tata Steel as India's most admired company". The Times of India. Jul 9, 2013.
- "The World's 100 Most Powerful Women 2013'". Forbes. May 2013.
- "Fortune names ICICI's Chanda Kochhar as most-powerful Indian woman in business". India Today. 16 November 2012.
- "Infrastructure is the game changer for India if we get our act right: Kamal Nath". afaqs. 25 February 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Historical Profile: ICICI Bank". Banking Only. 3 July 2013.
- PTI (Nov 21, 2007). "RBI warns ICICI Bank on recovery agents". Times of India. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- Sarang, Bindisha (Jan 7, 2013). "How to deal with rising abuse of bank recovery agents". first post. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "HARASSMENT BY ICICI RECOVERY AGENT". consumer forums. http://www.consumerforums.in. Retrieved 16 March 2013.
- "RBI response to Cobra Post Exposé".
- "Cobra Post Exposure of Indian Banks". The Times Of India.
- "Moody's downgrades LIC, ICICI, others". 14 May 2012. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Credit Rating". ICICI Bank. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Official website
- ICICI Bank IFSC Code SWIFT MICR No BSR Codes of all Branches
- Comparison of features provided by ICICI and SBI PPF
- ICICI Bank IFSC Code, MICR Code & Branch Code for all branches
- Business data
- ICICI Bank at Google Finance
- ICICI Bank at Yahoo! Finance
- ICICI Bank at Reuters
- ICICI Bank SEC filings at the Securities and Exchange Commission