Hefei University of Technology
|Hefei University of Technology(HFUT)|
|Location||Hefei, Anhui, People's Republic of China|
|Campus||Urban, 3 Campus|
Hefei University of Technology (simplified Chinese: 合肥工业大学; traditional Chinese: 合肥工業大學; pinyin: Hefei Gōngyè Dàxué) is a major and key university in China, with particular strength in Engineering and Management Science. . It is located in Hefei, the capital of the Anhui Province.
Hefei University of Technology is a national key university administrated directly by the Ministry of Education. It has been listed in major national initiatives seeking to enhance the international competitiveness of the top-tier universities in China such as Project 211 and Project 985 Innovation Platform.
Since its founding in 1945, it has been committed to cultivating talent with excellence, advancing science and technology, pushing social development, and promoting culture, with the spirit best manifested in the university motto “pursuing virtue and knowledge, seeking truth and innovation”.
HFUT has four beautiful campuses, namely, Tunxilu, Lu’anlu, Feicuihu and Xuancheng, covering an area of about 3,417,390 m². The first three campuses are all located in Hefei, the provincial capital of Anhui, and the fourth in Xuancheng, a city about 194 kilometers away from Hefei.
Campuses in Hefei have 19 schools covering a wide range of fields with a strong focus on engineering science. The schools offer 82 undergraduate programs, 32 first-level disciples with authorization to confer master degrees, 12 first-level disciples for doctoral programs as well as 12 post-doctoral programs. 4 disciplines are selected as national key disciplines, 28 provincial key disciplines. The university has 1 state key lab, 1 national engineering lab, 4 national university-industry joint engineering research centers and 46 research centers at the ministerial or provincial level as well as 1 national A-level architectural design and research institute. The campus in Xuancheng has 5 departments.
The university has a high-level faculty team consisting of 1,824 full-time teachers, among whom 33 enjoy special government allowances of the State Council in recognition of outstanding achievements in their fields. It also boasts 1 academician of the China Academy of Engineering, 8 distinguished experts of the national “Thousand Talents Program”, 6 accredited professors and 7 chair professors of “Yangtze Scholar Program”, 5 granted with funds from the National Outstanding Youth Science Foundation, 1 member of Disciplinary Appraisal Panel of the State Council, 1 member of Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council, 10 winners of the national awards for top teachers and etc.. The efforts of the dedicated faculty empower the advancement of the university.
At present, HFUT enrolls 29,480 undergraduate students and 11,800 graduate students. It has made remarkable achievements in student education. Throughout the years, key disciplines, courses, textbooks, teaching and experiment centers, teaching staff of HFUT have won numerous awards at all levels, highly reputed in China. It is among the first batch of 61 pilot colleges and universities to conduct the Education and Development Plan for Outstanding Engineers initiated by the Ministry of Education. About 200 projects carried out by HFUT students have been funded by the National University Student Innovation Program. HFUT is dedicated to educating its graduates to become innovative engineering talents with professional proficiency, positive working attitude and entrepreneurship.
HFUT sticks to innovation and the integration of teaching, research and production. It has a long-established, application-oriented research culture, and it is keen to support the academics in conducting research that has impact and practical value. It is committed to promoting the development of regional economy by catering to the strategic objectives and needs of the industries, the community and the nation. In 2013, the university has an annual research funding in sciences of over RMB 447 Million. The applications for invention patents total 357, of which 204 are licensed; besides, 82 computer software patents are granted. In recent years, HFUT has won 5 national science-and-technology-related awards, and 19 first prizes at the ministerial or provincial level.
HFUT is actively pursuing connections with leading institutions through academic partnerships with top universities worldwide. By supporting a wide range of collaborative activities including faculty and student exchange projects, joint supervision plan and international programs at all levels, HFUT has established academic links with more than 30 prestigious universities around the world, such as Ohio State University in U.S.A. Meanwhile, hundreds of international students from over 30 countries and regions are studying at HFUT.
Hefei University of Technology, with its 70-year achievements in several key disciplines, is now striving for even greater success with the ultimate goal of becoming a top innovative university with international prestige and distinctive features.
- Xu Nanping, Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Chen Jing, Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Yang Shanlin, Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Lu Bingheng, Academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Geng Ansong, Academician of InternationaI Academy of Sciences for Europe and Asia (IASEA)
- Zhu Yuntian, Distinguished Professor, Department of Material Science and Engineering, Fellow of ASM(2010), Fellow of APS(2012), North Carolina State University, USA
- Xindong Wu, IEEE Fellow, Former Professor and Chair, Department of Computer Science, University of Vermont, USA
- Yun Zhong, Associate Professor of Therapeutic Radiology, School of Medicine, Yale University, USA
- Chong Cheng, Associate Professor, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, SUNY Buffalo, USA
- LianXiang Yang, Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, School of Engineering and Computer Science, Oakland University, USA
- Kejin Wang, Professor, Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering, Iowa State University, USA
- Jayne Wu, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, The University of Tennessee, USA
- Xiaojing Yuan, Associate Professor, Director of Intelligent Sensor Grid and Informatics Research Lab, Department of Engineering Technology, College of Technology, University of Houston, USA
- Jay H. Shen, Associate Professor and Director of Structural Engineering Program, Civil and Architectural Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Shangping Ren, Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Dengliang Gao, Associate Professor, Department of Geology & Geography, West Virginia University, USA
- Zhenhai Xia, Associate Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of North Texas, USA
- Xiaohui Yuan, Associate Professor, Director of Computer Vision and Intelligent Systems (CoVIS) Lab, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of North Texas, USA
- Jianguo Mei, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Purdue University, USA
- Hongming Xu, Professor, Chair in Energy and Automotive Engineering, Head of Vehicle and Engine Technology Centre, School of Mechanical Engineering, University of Birmingham, UK
- Zhibing Zhang, Professor, School of Chemical Engineering, University of Birmingham, UK
- Jim Song, Professor, School of Engineering and Design, Brunel University, UK
- Jack Wu, Lecturer, School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering, The University of Manchester, UK
- Zuo Guang Ye, Professor, Chair of Department of Chemistry, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- Shoufa Lin, Professor, Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Dazhi Jiang, Associate Professor, Department of Earth Sciences, Western University (UWO), Canada
- Chengbin Chu, Chair Professor of Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering Laboratory, Ecole Centrale Paris, France
- Lan Fu, Associate Professor, Senior Fellow and ARC Future Fellow, Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, ANU, Australia
- Qingbo Yuan, Lecture, Department of Accounting, The University of Melbourne, Australia
- Chengqing Wu, Senior Lecturer, School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Chen Zhong, Associate Professor, School of Materials Science & Engineering, NTU, Singapore
- Qiubo Ye, Project Leader & Research Scientist At Communications Research Centre Canada, Adjunct Professor of Department of Electronics, Carleton University, Canada
- Tong Fang, Program Manager of Visual and Solid Modeling at Siemens Corporate Research, Princeton, New Jersey.
- Pan Jiayi, Professor, Institute of Space and Earth Information Science, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China
- Weinong Fu, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- Wei Sun, Albert Soffa Chair Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mechanics, Drexel University, USA, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tsinghua University, China
- Wan Xinhua, Professor, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University, China
- Zha Hongbin, Vice Dean, College of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University, China
- Zhang Haixia, Professor, Institute of Microelectronics, Peking University, China
- Gu Xianglin, Dean, College of Civil Engineering, Tongji University, China
- Yu Shuhong, Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, Professor, Department of Chemistry, USTC, China
- Sheng Zhengming, Professor, Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences&Shanghai Jiaotong University, China
- Yu Hanqing, Professor, Department of Chemistry, USTC, China
- Lin Shide, Dean, School of Architecture and Civil Engineering, Xiamen University, China
- Shen Zhongwei, Dean, School of Architecture, SJTU, China
- Tang Xianming, Major General, Principal of the "921 project" (Shenzhou program for manned spacecraft)
- Guo Houyang, Chief Scientist of Tri Alpha Energy, Research Fellow of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Hefei), China
- Pan Fusheng, Prof. School of Material, Chongqing University, China
- Ming Zhang, Fellow of American Institute of Architects (FAIA), CEO of MG2
- Xi Guohua, Chairman, China Mobile
- Zhao Jianguo, Chairman, China Southern Power Grid
- Xu Ping, Chairman, Dongfeng Motor Corporation
- An Jin, Chairman, JAC
- Zhao Jianjun, Chairman, TP-Link
- Zhu Yicai, Chairman, Yurun Group
- Fang Chi, CEO, Beijing Auto
- Yin Tongyao, CEO of Chery Automobile
- Ding Jian, CEO of China IPPR International Engineering Corporation
- Huang Haizhou, Chief Strategist, China International Capital Corporation Limited (CICC)
- Miao Wei, Minister of Industry and Information Technology of China
- Cai Qihua, Vice Minister, Ministry of Water Resources of the People's Republic of China
- Zhu Zuoman, Major General