Indian New Zealander
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
2.6% of the population of New Zealand (2006)
|Regions with significant populations|
|Gujarati, Telugu, Punjabi, Marathi, Hindi, Tamil, English, others|
|Hinduism, Sikhism, Islam, Christianity|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Other Non-resident Indian and person of Indian origin.|
Indo Kiwi or Indian New Zealander are New Zealanders of Indian or subcontinental heritage, living in New Zealand. The term includes Indians born in New Zealand, NRI and Indo Fijians, Indians of African origin, Middle East, Europe, South Asia, the Indian subcontinent, East Asia, the Pacific Rim, or any New Zealander with at least one parent, grandparent or great grandparent with an Indian heritage.
- Sir Owen Glenn, businessman and philanthropist.
- Aaradhna Patel, R&B artist.
- Jacob Rajan, playwright and actor, whose most notable work is Krishnan's Dairy.
- Madeleine Sami, New Zealand actor of Irish and Fiji Indian heritage, best known for her role as 'Tania' in Sione's Wedding.
- Shailesh Prajapati New Zealand actor,best known for his role as "Ernie"in Power Rangers MegaForce
- Rebecca Singh, news presenter on the New Zealand television station, TV3.
- Vanita Prasad, Chief reporter, Western Leader
- Anand Satyanand, former Governor-General of New Zealand, appointed on 23 August 2006.
- Sukhinder (Sukhi) Turner, Mayor of Dunedin, New Zealand, from 1995 to 2004.
- Rajen Prasad, former Race Relations Commissioner and Families Commissioner, and Member of Parliament since 2008.
- Ajit Swaran Singh, District Judge.
- Dipak Narshibhai Patel, cricket player who has played 37 Tests and 75 one-day internationals for New Zealand.
- Jeetan Patel, former spin bowler for the New Zealand cricket team, the Black Caps.
- Ish Sodhi, current spin bowling all-rounder for the Black Caps Test match team.
- Te Ara, the encyclopedia of New Zealand.
- Indians in New Zealand
- Indian population growth in New Zealand
- New Zealand Indian Central Association
- List of Indian groups, organizations and associations in New Zealand
- The Indian Diaspora in New Zealand, A bibliography of known published sources
- NRI Online News snippets and articles related to New Zealand NRIs
- "QuickStats About Culture and Identity – Asian". Census, Statistics New Zealand. 2006. Archived from the original on 2009-04-26. Retrieved 2007-07-13.
- "Indians in New Zealand - Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa".
- "Indians in New Zealand form fastest growing ethnic group".