Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology
|Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology(IIIT-D)|
|Type||State Technical University, Self Sustaining|
|Location||New Delhi, India|
It was started at the Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) campus at Sector 3, Dwarka, New Delhi, 110075. It was founded as a State University by an act of Delhi Government (The IIIT Delhi Act, 2007) in 2008, with seed support from the Government of NCT of Delhi. It is a research-oriented university with focus on research at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
IIIT-D offers three programs, an undergraduate B.Tech in Computer Science and Electronics & Communication Engineering, a postgraduate M.Tech in computer science with specialization in Information Security, Data Engineering and Mobile Computing along with M.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering with specialization in VLSI and Embedded Systems, Signal Processing And Communication System and a Ph.D in computer science and Electronics and Communication and currently has 70 research scholars. IIIT-D has a very strong faculty with interests in various fields related to computer science notably, Information Security and Internet Privacy, Data Analysis, Image analysis, Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing, Hardware architecture and Software Engineering. It is one of the few colleges in India to only hire faculty members with doctoral degrees.
IIIT Delhi is ranked on 9th rank in India among engineering colleges by admission.aglasem.com/top-engineering-colleges-India-2014.
It is vary fast growing engineering college in India . It has the highest fee structure among Indian govt. engineering colleges that is Rs.90000/- per semester.
IIIT Delhi operates from its campus in Okhla Phase-III, New Delhi, India. After its establishment in 2008, IIIT Delhi functioned from its transit campus in the library building at NSIT in Dwarka till July 2012. Its permanent campus, which is spread over 25 acres in Okhla, phase-III, became operational in August 2012. The phase-I of the construction of the IIIT-D campus is complete, with 30,000 sq.m. of building space for its functioning, including a Faculty and Research block for 50 faculty members and eight research centres, several lecture halls with a total capacity of 500, a recreation centre, a boys' hostel and a girls' hostel.
The administrative office and finance department are housed within the Academic block, along with the Director's Office, conference rooms, a board room, a formal seating and discussion area and faculty offices. The Faculty and Research wing is also accommodating PhD rooms and M-Tech labs. Besides, there are seating areas to foster discussions and for sharing of thoughts.
Library and Information Center
The IIIT-D's sprawling campus houses a Library and Information Centre, which has a common study area for students on the ground floor, a state of the art library on the first floor and several labs on the upper floors.
The Dining and Recreation centre of the institute contains a students' mess, which is spread over two floors, a cafeteria and facilities for extra co-curricular activities, such as a music room and a gymnasium.
IIIT-Delhi aims to have focused research groups in some areas of IT and some domain areas. The number and nature of research areas will evolve as more faculty and research staff joins. Current areas of research are listed below.
- Emerging Architecture and System Design
Hardware design and optimization, device-level modeling of emerging nanotechnologies, performance modeling for Multi-Processor Systems on Chip (MPSoC)
- Image Analysis and Biometrics
Biometrics, pattern recognition, machine learning, image processing, information fusion
- Information Management and Data Analytics
Data management for emerging mobile-P2P applications, data mining and analytics, sentiment analysis, multi-dimensional and large-scale data indexing, data privacy and access, cloud computing, knowledge management in software engineering, business intelligence
- Mobile and Ubiquitous computing
Mobile phones as low cost enabling platform, paradigm shift wrt mobile phones in Indian context, semi-supervised learning for “Smart” applications, real world deployments of mobile phone applications and sensor based technologies
- Security and Privacy
Security and privacy issues in emerging technologies, computer frauds and cyber crime, security of large networks using multi-disciplinary approaches, proactive digital forensic solutions, cryptanalysis of hash functions, block ciphers and stream ciphers, auditing privacy and security violations
- Software Engineering
Software quality, software process, quantitative techniques like focused metrics, empirical and experimental methods, statistical process control, performance prediction, negotiation, and issues related to composition, software as a service, mining software process data for knowledge extraction
Logic, process algebras, modeling and verification of distributed systems, complexity theory, quantum computing, quantum complexity, cryptography
- IIIT Delhi held its first inter-college cultural festival 'Odyssey' at its permanent campus on 31 January - 1 February 2014.
- IIIT-D recently celebrated 5 years of excellence in research
- IIIT-D won The Whodunit? Challenge by Microsoft Research India.
- IIIT Delhi held the 5th IAPR International Conference on Biometrics 2012 during March 29-April 1, 2012 in New Delhi.
- The institute organized IPTSE Winter School in partnership with Carnegie Mellon University with sponsorship from Microsoft Research India, during December 9–23, 2011 in which students from institutes all over India participated.
- IIIT Delhi held its first technical festival 'Esya' at its transit campus on 3–4 September 2011. Esya is now an integral part of IIIT-D's annual event calendar.
- IIIT-D held the Indo-US Teaching Workshop on effective teaching at College/University level in partnership with University at Buffalo, The State University of New York during February 10–12, 2011.
Clubs & Groups
Student clubs currently functioning at IIIT-D include the Adventure Club, Community Work Club, Dance Club, Design Club, Ethical Hacking Club, Literary Club, Movie-making Club, Music Club, Robotics Club, Sightseeing And Delhi Heritage(SADHA) Club, Sports Club, Quiz Club, E-Cell and Web Design and Development Club. Apart from all these groups there is also an ACM student Chapter of IIIT-D.
- "Dikshit launches IT institute in Delhi". The Economic Times. 13 Aug 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- List of State Universities approved by UGC Page 22. Department of Expenditure. Ministry of Finance. 10 October. 2007
- "The IIIT Delhi Act, 2007".
- "New tech varsity in Delhi by 2008". The Times of India. 2 Dec 2007. Retrieved 2009-08-14.
- "B.Tech(CSE & ECE) | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Retrieved 21 Aug 2012.
- "M.Tech(CSE & ECE) | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Retrieved 21 Aug 2012.
- "PhD(CSE & ECE) | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Retrieved 21 Aug 2012.
- "IIIT Delhi moves into its own campus". IIIT-D Blog. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-28.
- "ICB 2012 | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "IAPR Conference Schedule | IIIT-Delhi". iapr.org. Retrieved 27 March 2012.
- "IPTSE WS 2011 | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Retrieved 3 December 2011.
- "ESYA | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Retrieved 5 Feb 2012.
- "Indo-US Workshop". iiitd.ac.in. Retrieved 13 Feb 2011.
- "Clubs | IIIT-Delhi". iiitd.ac.in. Retrieved 29 May 2011.