||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: This article is in a state of disrepair and is desperately in need of a clean-up (and possibly a complete re-write). Some sourcing wouldn't hurt as well.. (July 2011)|
|• M L A||L. Ramana|
|Area rank||in district 1|
|Elevation||264 m (866 ft)|
|• Total||171 825|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Names who build Fort = Jack and Tail (jagtial is named after them|
Jagtial is a town and municipality in the Karimnagar district, Andhra Pradesh, India. It also serves as the headquarters for the district. It is also a proposed new district as part of the reorganization after the formation of Telangana state.it is formed by municipal corporation of JAGTIAL,combined in 18 villages at corporation
Jagtial is located at. It has an average elevation of 264 meters (866 feet). The town is surrounded by four ponds.
- Kandla palli, used for irrigatiion
- Mupparaap, used for irrigation
- Dharma samandar, used for drinking water
- Mote pond, used for irrigation.
The SRSP irrigation canal and flood canal passes by the town of Jagtial.
As per provisional data of 2011 census, Jagtial urban agglomeration had a population of 171,825, out of which males were 82,041 and females were 89,784. The literacy rate was 78.69 per cent.
The economy of Jagtial is purely based on commercial and retail consumer business. The town is considered to be a shopping hub for the surrounding towns and for North Andhra Pradesh and a majority of the trading community conduct business related to groceries, clothing, pharmaceuticals, iron and hardware.
Farmers from the surrounding villages sell their crop harvest and vegetables products in the Jagityal market.
Jagtial have APSRTC BUS DEPOT with more than 150 buses for public transport.Jagtial Depot Have 3 Indra[A/C Services] and Morethan 13 Super Luxuries which is Operated to Hyderabad,Shamshabad. jagtial is well connected through road network. This is major division in karimnagar district.Andhra pradesh State Road Transport Corporation runs buses from Jagtial to Karimnagar, Nizamabad, Warangal, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bhadrachelam, Tirupati,Bengalur,Vijayawada Pamuru etc. National Highway 63 passing through the Town. Local transportation is autorickshaws. New Highway- Jagital-Warangal-Khammam-Kodad 4lane road has been sanctioned. The work going to start soon.
With the opening of the new Jagtial–Karimnagar BG[clarification needed] railway line (nearly 49 km), Jagtial is now located within the Indian railway network. A daily passenger train from Jagtial to Sirpur Kaghaznagar began on 26 December 2007. When the Jagtial–Nizamabad (nearly 92 km) new railway line is completed, the Peddapalli-Karimnagar-Jagtial-Nizamabad railway line will connect two major south-north trunk railway lines (Khazipet-Nagpur and Secunderabad-Purna-Akola-Khandwa railway lines). More train services can be expected through Jagtial after completion of the railway line to Nizamabad.
Advance Railway reservation service is available in Head Post office, Tower Road.
Nearest airport is Rajiv Gandhi International Airport,Hyderabad about 230 km. And another nearest airport Nagpur,Maharastra about 360 km
- Indian postal code 505327. Jagtial is an assembly constituency of Andhra Pradesh State. Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, and English are widely used languages in Jagtial.
- There is a two town police station and a traffic police sation in jagtial.
- A big Mosque is located near historical fort known as Jaama Masjid. It was constructed in 18th century, when the town Jagtial was found. The architecture of the mosque indicates the Nizam shahi era.
- Jagtial is the center of higher-education for its neighbouring villages. There are Intermediate, Degree, Engineering, Medical, and Literature Colleges in Jagtial catering to a wide range of population.
- Jagtial is the now centre of Campuses like (ANGRAU) Acharya N.G Ranga Agricultural University, Agril. College, Agril.Polytechnic College, Regional Agricultural Research Station, those located in Polasa (5KM from Jagtial) and Other Technical Campus Like Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) in Kondagattu village around 19 KM from Jagtial (its also Sri Hanuman Piligrim). Jagtial is the main Educational Quest at surrounded the Jagtial. (these Information edited by.. Raj'endra firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jagtial is also known for the movement of Agricultural workers from which the Naxalism was born in 1978.
- Jagtial has a fort which was built in the period of Moghal dynasty.
- Jagtial town was established by moghal dynasty king Ibrahim Dhamsa. The fort was constructed with the help of two French Engineers, namely Mr.Jack & Mr.Tal, so the name of the town know at that time JACKTAL gradually it became Jagtial and in Telugu language they write it Jagityala. THE TAHSIL OFFICE AND COURT WAS BUILT AT THAT TIME PERIOD.
- A clock Tower is situated in center of the town. which is main market place for general jagtial is proposed district head quarter after telangana state formation.stores, Vegetables, meat, clothes in jagtial.
- Srinidhi Girls Junior College,New Bustand 'X' Road.
- Srivani jr College SVJC, Tahasil Chowrastha.
- Govt. Jr. College for Girls,Vidhya Nagar.
- Govt Jr college for Boys,Vidhyanagar.
- Shanthi Jr. College,SriRamNagar.
- Alphores Jr. College, jambbe gadde road.
- Alphores Jr. College,New Bustand.
- Nethaji Vocational Jr. College,Tahasil Chowrastha.
- Sri Vivekanandha. junior College,Yawer Road
- Sri Vivekanandha Junior College,Old Busstand.
- Sri chaitanya junior college,Krishna Nagar.
- St.jhon's junior college,Vidhya Nagar.
- SVS junior college
- Jyothi commerce junior college,New Bustand.
- Drona Vocational junior college,Newbustand.
- SKNR Gov't Degree College
- Gov't Degree & PG College (Women)
- NSV Degree College
- VidhyaJyothi Degree College
- SVN Degree College
- RamaKrishna Degree College
- sri chaithanya women's degree college
- sknr degree college
- Nalanda degree college
- Dr.VRK Engineering College,Rajaram,Jagtial
- JNTU Campus,Nachupally,Jagtial
- Govt.Nursing College,Dharur Camp,Jagtial.
- Agricultural Polytechnic College, Polasa, Jagtial
- Govt.Agriculteral Degree College,Polasa,Jagtial.
- Govt.Agriculteral PG College,Polasa,Jagtial.
- Sri Venkateshewara Technologies, Near Balaji Theatre, Jagtial.
- Leo Tech Computer, Near Gayathri Bank,Thahasil Chowrasta.
- Global Info Tech,Thahasil Chowrasta.
- M.R.COMPUTERS(Estd:1988), Above S.B.I., Srinivasa Theatre Complex, JAGTIAL.
- Natraj 70 MM Theatre, Vani Nagar
- Srinivasa Theatre
- Durgaraj Kalamandir
- Annapurna Theater, Dharmapuri Road
- Balaji Theater, National Highway 16
- Vijaya Laxmi Theater (Now Under Dimolish)
- Asian Sridevi Mall, Newbus Stand (Coming Soon)
- Srinivasa Cineplex (Coming Soon)
- Thirumala Multiplex (Coming Soon)
The Jagtial name came from two French engineers, Jack and Tal. They designed and built the fort which is located in Jagtial near to Jama Masjid, Jack & Tal whose names combine to form the name 'Jagtial.' The fort was built by the Moghal Emperor, the king's name was Ibrahim Dhamsa. The aerial view of the fort is like a star shape, inside the fort there are cannons to defend the enemies, on the cannons a name is written in Urdu, Mohammed Khasim. The history of Jagtial is script on a board which is near to the principal office of SKNR Degree college.
- "List of Sub-Districts". Census of India. Retrieved 2007-05-29.
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above". Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-10-20.