Cite error: A
<ref> tag is missing the closing
</ref> (see the help page).</ref></ref></ref></ref>
||This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (October 2012)|
|Elevation||622 m (2,041 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Zahirabad is named after Nawab Mohd Zaheeruddin Khan (Nawab Zaheer Yar Jung Bahadur). He was the eldest son of Amir-i-Paigah Nawab Moin-ud-Dowlah Bahadur of Asman jahi Paigah. Zahirabad. A nearby area was Jagir of Zaheer Yar Jung Bahadur at the time of the Nizam government. The city was previously called Badi Ekkhelli.
Zahirabad is about 108 km from Hyderabad by bus and about 133 km by train. It is one of the largest commercial towns in Medak district and has the largest railway station of Medak. NH 9 from Vijayawada to Mumbai passes from the heart of Zahirabad city.
Zahirabad is located at. It has an average elevation of 622 metres (2040 feet). It has a unique geology of red stone and red soil which becomes very sticky during the rainy season, but like powder during summertime.
One of the major Indian automotive vehicle manufacturers, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., is located near the town, in which only 25% of local people are employed until now, and the company launched a tractor plant of Rs. Three billion which can give employment to 5000 people directly and indirectly. It started in the month of March 2013 by Hon'ble CM of AP (Kirankumar Reddy) and major Industrial Minister Dr J. Geeta Reddy.
Also nearer to the town-ends the Industrial park is going under construction where nearly 25 industries are going to launch here and will offer employment for most of natives of the town. There are other industries such as Piramal Enterprises Ltd (formerly known as Sumithra Chemicals), Allana, Trident Sugar Factory Ltd (formerly Nizam Sugars Ltd), M.G. Automotive, Mungi Brothers (Bus Body Building Unit) and MRF.
As a result of the industrialisation of Zaheerabad, the cost of living has increased and the life of local people has not changed.
The government of India has communicated in-principle approval for two National Investment and Manufacturing Zones (NIMZ). One of these will be in Zaheerabad. The NIMZs will cover an area of 5,000 hectares (12,500 acres) each with World Class infrastructure under the National Manufacturing Policy of Government of India. These projects promise to provide about 600,000 additional employment in the State. The central government will provide viability gap funding to improve link infrastructure to the NIMZ Regions.
Taj Books & Stationary Z-h-b 1. Sri Ketaki Sangameshwara Temple is famous near to Zahirabad located at Jharasangam, 15 km away from Zahirabad Town. Most of the devotees are from Maharastra and Karnataka. This temple is very famous in the month of Shraavana and Maha Shivaratri.
2. Jama Masjid a Biggest Masjid in Zaheerabad which has a Longest Minar in the entire Telangana Region.
3. Very old Kamaan an Arch (this is the entrance gate built at the time of Nawab Zaheer Yar Jang Bhadur) is located while entering into the Manik Prabhu Street (ward No. 1). An old Hanuman Temple is there in this street.
4. One of the oldest Masjid (Mosque) of Nizam periods is in Gadi street of Zahirabad called Hari Masjid (Green Masjid) which was built around 400 years ago.
5. Automobile maker, Mahindra & Mahindra is situated here.
6. Water Fall near Jaadimalkapur is located 16 km away from Zaheerabad.
7. Sri Siddivinayaka Temple is located about 12 km away from Zaheerabad. It is called as Swayambu Vinayaka, second place in AP after Kanipakam (in Chittoor district). It is also one of the most well known temples in the history of vinayaka temples.
9. The Dargah of Sufi saint Hazrath Syed Mohammad Gouhar Ali Shah Quadri (R.A) is just few hundred metres away from the Eidgah.
10. Dream valley is one of largest gated community recently launched and beautiful colony in Zaheerabad with all modern amenities such as swimming pool, club house, basketball court, ladies gym, gentlemen gym and many more.
Hotel Mahindra Paradise
Hotel Mahindra paradise is a mini resort with facilities of swimming pool, garden , suite rooms.
mahindra paradise has four groups
There are a number of tunnels present in Zaheerabad. The longest one extends from Zaheerabad to Hyderabad, another goes from Zaheerabad to Bidar.
As of 2001[update] India census, Zahirabad had a population of 140,160. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Zahirabad has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 55%. Most of the students move to Hyderabad for professional studies and have earned a very good name for Zahirabad. In Zahirabad, 16% of the population is under six years of age. Urdu, Telugu and Kannada are spoken here.
Zahirabad is an assembly as well as a loksabha constituency (as per the revised Delimitation Commission).
Members of Parliament
Suresh Kumar Setkar is the sitting MP of the constituency. Shrimati Geeta Reddy (Minister for Heavy Industries, Tourism) is the sitting MLA of the constituency. (PinCode 502220)
List of Banks at Zahirabad Mandal
- Axis Bank Ltd
- Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- HDFC Bank Ltd
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- Syndicate Bank
- The District Co-Operative Central Bank Ltd
Some of the popular Schools/Colleges in Zahirabad:
01. SIDDHARTHA SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE (English Medium)
02. ISLAMIA MODEL SCHOOL (Urdu Medium)
03. IQRA MODEL SCHOOL (Urdu Medium)
04. NASR PUBLIC SCHOOL (Urdu Medium)
05. ADARSH VIDYALAYA High School
06. Methodist Rural High School
07. Oxford High School(Since 1984 Celebrating Silver Jublee, President G. Ramesh, managing director M.A Waheed)
08. UNITED PUBLIC SCHOOL
09. Gandhi Memorial High School
10. St. Francis High school
11. Sri Venkateshwara High School
12. Sanghamitra High School
13. Shishu Mandir School
14. Mahindra Academy
15. Knowledge Public School
16. Sri Krishnaveni Talent High School
17. NARAYANA TECHNO SCHOOL
18. KRISHNAVENI TECHNO SCHOOL
19. STONE RIDGE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
20. SHANTHINIKETHAN VIDYALAYA
21. Akshara High School
22. Aruna High School
23. Dr.RLR School (Day Cum Residential)
24. Swamy Narayan Gurukul International School
25. Seventh Day High School
Junior and Degree Colleges
- Government Junior & Degree College
- Sri Vani Junior College
- Sri Vani Degree & PG College
- Aacharya Degree College
- Sri Venkateshwara Junior & Degree College
- Sri Sangameshwara Government Polytechnic College
- Nava Chaitanya Junior College
- Sravanthi Junior College
- Guru Basava Junior College
- Tapasya Junior College
List of Streets in Zahirabad town== 1. Gadi Street (Mohalla Gadi)
2. Ahmed nagar Colony
3. Momin Mohella
4. Chiram Mohella
5. Ataraon ki bais
6. Pandurang Mohella
7. Quresh Mohella (Kasab Galli)
8. Khan Mohella
9. Moosa nagar Colony
10. NGO's Colony
11. Shanti Nagar
12. T G Housing Board Colony
13. Driver Colony
14. Watan Bagh
15. Arya nagar
16. Dattagiri Colony
17. Harijan wada
18. Adarsh Nagar
19. Mahindra Colony
20. Christian Colony
21. SBH Colony
22. Nagulkatta (Basweshwar Street)
23. Narayana Nagar Colony
24. Khader Nagar Colony
25. Sriram Mohella
26. Netaji nagar Colony
27. Subhash Gunj Nagar
28. vidyuth nagar Colony
29. Ram Nagar Colony
30. Railway Colony
31. Srinagar Colony
40. Dream Valley
41. Gulshan nagar Colony
42.Gandhi Nagar colony
- R. AVADHANI (26 January 2013). "Rs. 2,000 crore sought for NIMZ in Zaheerabad constituency". The Hindu. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
BOOKS & STATIONARY SHOP Z-H-B TAJ BOOKS & STATIONARY Z-H-B<Cite error: There are
<ref> tags on this page without content in them (see the help page).