K. Srinath Reddy
|K. Srinath Reddy|
|Other names||K. Srinath Reddy|
|Known for||public health|
Prof.Reddy is the president of Public Health Foundation of India. He chaired the High Level Expert Group on Universal Health Coverage, set up by the Planning Commission of India. He also serves as the President of the National Board of Examinations which deals with post-graduate medical education in India. He is the first Bernard Lown Visiting Professor of Cardiovascular Health at the Harvard School of Public Health. Earlier, Dr.Reddy served as the head of the cardiology department at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Prof. Reddy is a global leader in preventive cardiology and has provided instrumental direction to strengthening training, research and policy development in the area of Public Health.
- 2003: WHO Director General’s Award for Outstanding Global Leadership in Tobacco Control
- 2005: He is awarded the Padma Bhushan, civilian award from the President of India for his contribution to Public health.
- 2009: Fellowship of the Faculty of Public Health, UK
- 2012: Doctor honoris causa of the University of Lausanne
- 2012: Dr. Reddy has been elected as the President of World Heart Federation (WHF) for the period 2013 to 2015.
- 2014: Prof. K. Srinath Reddy was conferred the degree of Doctor of Science (Medicine) honoris causa by the University of London on November 26, 2014. This was awarded to him by HRH The Princess Royale of Britain, Princess Anne, Chancellor of the London University.
- WHO | K. Srinath Reddy, MD, DM. Who.int (2010-12-11). Retrieved on 2013-08-29.
- Padma Bhushan Awards (2000–09)#2005
- APPOINTS PROF. K. SRINATH REDDY AS PRESIDENT 2013–2015. World Heart Federation (2012-04-21). Retrieved on 2013-08-29.