Ireland at GooglePlex, 2012
|Born||Kathleen Marie Ireland
March 20, 1963
|Spouse(s)||Dr. Greg Olsen
(m.1988–present; 3 children)
|Children||Chloe, Erik and Lily|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
Kathleen Marie "Kathy" Ireland (born March 20, 1963) is an American model, actress, and entrepreneur. Ireland was a supermodel in the 1980s and 1990s, best known for appearing in 13 consecutive Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues. In 1993, she founded a brand marketing company, "kathy ireland Worldwide" (kiWW), which has made her one of the wealthiest former models in the world.
Kathy Ireland was born in 1963 in Glendale, California, the daughter of John Ireland, a labor union organizer, and Barbara Ireland, who worked in charity. Her first job was a paper route when she was 11; she landed the job by writing the paper and stating she was the girl for the job.
|This section requires expansion. (August 2013)|
|Ireland's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from February 07, 1989|
|Ireland's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from March 9, 1992|
|Ireland's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue cover from February 14, 1994|
Starting in 1984, Ireland was featured in the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue for 13 consecutive years, with her final appearance in 1996. She appeared on the cover of the annual issue three times, a feat tied by Christie Brinkley and Cheryl Tiegs, and surpassed only by Elle Macpherson (with five appearances). Ireland was the cover model for the first time on the 25th Anniversary Swimsuit Edition, which became SI 's best selling swimsuit issue to date. She returned to the cover in 1992 and in 1994. In her third appearance, she was accompanied by Rachel Hunter and Elle Macpherson, who were both pregnant at the time.
Kathy Ireland Worldwide
In 1993, Ireland put her name on a line of socks for Kmart, which became a bestseller. The retailer subsequently gave Ireland her own clothing line. She then founded kathy ireland Worldwide, initially a brand marketing firm, which she and her related trusts own in its entirety. Since 1994, Ireland has published several fitness videos that led to her design of athletic apparel and launched her brand licensing of fitness equipment.
In 2004, Ireland's annual take is thought to be around $10 million. Forbes described Ireland as a "prototype for model-turned-mogul" in a 2006 article about the trend of modelpreneurs. By 2004, kathy ireland Worldwide was marketing products from 16 manufacturers, including those of Shaw Industries and Pacific Coast Lighting. Between 2005-2012, Ireland's company grew to about $2 billion in annual sales and became a leader in its industry.  In a May 2012 British Vogue article, Ireland was called the world's richest model.
Ireland is chief designer for Royal Footwear & Accessories (The RFA Group). She has established a relationship with manufacturer Gorham designing dinnerware, glassware and flatware. Ireland is the Group Brand Ambassador for BrandSource.
Ireland has delivered keynote speeches at corporate events, industry conventions, and pro-life events. She spoke at the fourth Youth Assembly at the United Nations Headquarters on August 13, 2007 encouraging young people to engage in activities aimed at ending poverty.
Ireland has written six books, including three for children. Her debut effort (with Laura Morton), Powerful Inspirations: Eight Lessons that Will Change Your Life, was published in 2002. Real Solutions for Busy Moms: Your Guide to Success and Sanity and Real Solutions: 52 God Inspired Messages from My Heart were published in 2009. Her children's books, Mona's Favorite Words, What Do Mommies Do? and An Angel Called Hope, were released in November 2005.
Ireland has appeared in a number of television and movie roles. Her first movie, 1988's Alien from L.A., was later skewered during the fifth season of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Ireland's other appearances include Melrose Place, Boy Meets World, The Larry Sanders Show, Muppets Tonight, Side Out, Mr. Destiny, Necessary Roughness, Mom and Dad Save the World, National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 (alongside William Shatner), Once Upon A Christmas, and its sequel Twice Upon A Christmas. She also appeared in the ninth season of Dancing with the Stars, where her couple was the third eliminated in the second week of competition.
Ireland's sister, Cynthia, has a child with Down syndrome. Ireland wrote an article about her niece and the need for an increase in research. Other Ireland-supported causes include Big Brothers Big Sisters, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, the Alliance for Global Education, the Alliance for Christian Education and the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
Ireland was presented with an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters in 2012 by the California State University System, which said she "generously uses her power and influence to benefit others, supporting social causes including empowering women, supporting young girls through mentoring, and providing opportunities for girls and women at risk." 
Ireland has lent her estates to charitable organizations such as Toys For Tots to generate funds for charity. According to Maj. Bill Grein, USMC (Ret,) Ireland’s kathy ireland Worldwide company and her book business partner Bendon Publishing International, the world’s largest publisher of children's books donated $10 million to supplement the 2013 annual Marine Corps’ Toys For Tots gathering and distribution of Christmas gifts for millions of at-risk children and youths.
She received the WithIt 2013 Legacy Award on January 27, 2013 at World Market Center - Las Vegas.
Ireland and NFL wide receiver Tim Brown are ambassadors for 9-1-1 For Kids, a non-profit organization that specializes in making educational materials to assist emergency dispatchers in teaching children the proper use of 9-1-1 and other general emergency preparedness tips.
Ireland received the YWCA of Greater Los Angeles Phenomenal Woman of the Year award. On November 8, 2013, Ireland presented Los Angeles District Attorney Jackie Lacey with the YWCA of Greater Los Angeles’ Silver Achievement Award to honor Lacey’s work with abused and abandoned children. The award was presented at the 2013 Rhapsody Ball, held at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Ireland has been outspoken in her support for Israel. On October 15, 2009, she became an international ambassador for the Friends of Sheba Medical Center, traveling back to the country in 2010 to film a documentary entitled Holy Land Heroes highlighting its work for wounded soldiers and terror victims.
Ireland appeared on Larry King Live in 2009 to discuss her weight gain and women's health. She had gained a pound a year for 25 years and the cumulative effect had become obvious to her in a candid photograph her son had taken.
Friendship with Elizabeth Taylor
Elizabeth Taylor and Ireland had a close friendship and attended public events together. After Ireland received outspoken criticism for her uneven performance as an on-air host of ABC's 2010 pre-Oscar special, Taylor publicly defended Ireland; "I have never seen anyone epitomize glamour and grace and professionalism like she did." 
|1985||Charles in Charge||Woman in Line||Episode:"Snowed In"|
|1988||Alien from L.A.||Wanda Saknussemm||Motion Picture|
|1989||Journey to the Center of the Earth||Wanda Saknussemm||Motion Picture|
|1989||Worth Winning||Uncredited||Motion Picture|
|1990||Grand||Sheila||Episode: "Carnegie Hall"|
|1990||Side Out||Marie||Motion Picture|
|1990||Mr. Destiny||Gina||Motion Picture|
|1991||Necessary Roughness||Lucy Draper||Motion Picture|
|1992||Tales from the Crypt||Joyce||Episode:"Beauty Rest"|
|1992||Mom and Dad Save the World||Semage, Raff's Daughter||Motion Picture|
|1992||Danger Island||Laura||TV Movie|
|1993||Loaded Weapon 1||Destiny Demeanor||Motion Picture|
|1993||Down the Shore||Rachel||Episode:"Computer Date"|
|1993||The Larry Sanders Show||Herself||Episode:"The Breakdown: Part 1"|
|1993||Amore!||Taylor Christopher||Motion Picture|
|1993||A Perry Mason Mystery: The Case of the Wicked Wives||Dee Morrison||TV Movie|
|1994||Boy Meets World||Alexis||Episode: "Model Family"|
|1994||Bandit: Beauty and the Bandit||Crystal||TV Movie|
|1994||Melrose Place||Brittany Maddocks||Episodes: "Grand Delusions", "In-Laws and Outlaws", "It's a Bad World After All" and "I am Curious, Melrose"|
|1995||The Watcher||Pilot||TV Series|
|1995||Deadly Games||Amber||Episodes: "The Camp Counselor: Parts 1 & 2"|
|1996||Gridlock||Michele Conner||TV Movie|
|1995–1996||The Fantastic Four||Crystal (Voice)||Episodes: "Doomsday", "The Sentry Sinister", "Inhumans Saga: Part 3: Beware the Hidden Land" and "Inhumans Saga: Part 2: The Inhumans Among Us"|
|1996||Miami Hustle||Marsha Thomas||TV Movie|
|1997||Sabrina, the Teenage Witch||Shelley||Episode: "Trial by Fury"|
|1997||Suddenly Susan||Terri||Episodes: "Love and Divorce American Style: Part 2" and "Love and Divorce American Style: Part 3"|
|1997||Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man||Susan/Susie||Episodes: "Vuuck, as in Duck" and "Aged Heat 2: Women in Heat"|
|1996–1997||The Incredible Hulk||Ogress (Voice)||Episodes: "Fashion Warriors", "Down Memory Lane" and "Fantastic Fortitude"|
|1998||The Lionhearts||Survive (Voice)||TV Series|
|1998||King of the Hill||Sylvia||Episode: "Peggy's Pageant Fever"|
|1999||Cosby||Kara||Episode: "He Who Hesitates is Lucas"|
|1999||Pensacola: Wings of Gold||Sarah||Episode: "Tip of the Spear"|
|1999||Touched by an Angel||Karla||Episode: "The Last Day of the Rest of Your Life"|
|2000||Once Upon a Christmas||Kristen Claus||TV Movie|
|2001||Twice Upon a Christmas||Kristen Claus||TV Movie|
|2002||Strong Medicine||Amber Hutton||Episode: "Trauma"|
|2002||For Your Love||Rhonda||Episode: "The Helpless Hand"|
|2002||Totally Spies!||Julia Hastings||Episode: "A Spy is Born: Part 1"|
- Perry, Katie. "A Beautiful Life". Retrieved 9 July 2013.
- Blakeley, Kiri (December 6, 2006). "Most Entrepreneurial Supermodels". Forbes. Archived from the original on September 23, 2008. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- Pomerantz, Dorothy (February 8, 2012). "How Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Kathy Ireland Became a $350 Million Mogul". Forbes. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- Forbes, Moira (2012-02-13). "Kathy Ireland: Swimsuit Cover Girl Turned $2 Billion Business Model?". Forbes. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Welch, Liz (December 1, 2009). "reland graced the cover of Sports Illustrated's". Inc. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Rizzo, Monica. "Kathy Ireland's Shocking Weight Gain (and Loss)". People. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- Kathy Ireland Biography (1963–)
- "Kathy Ireland – Profile". E!. Archived from the original on April 23, 2008. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "Collosus Collectibles Sports Illustrated Swimsuit". Retrieved July 30, 2008.
- "SI Swimsuit Collection – Kathy Ireland". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved July 30, 2008.
- "Sports Illustrated 50: The Anniversary Book, Rob Fleder, 2005, p.286, ISBN 1-932273-49-2". CNN. Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- Blakeley, Kiri (May 7, 2004). "The Model Mogul". Forbes. Archived from the original on May 24, 2011. Retrieved August 1, 2008.
- Boone & Kurtz (2007). "Contemporary Business 12th Edition". Thomson South-Western.
- Blakeley, Kiri (December 6, 2006). "Models Turned Moguls". Forbes. Archived from the original on January 2, 2013. Retrieved August 1, 2008.
- "About kiWW". Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- "Meet Anne V". British Vogue. May 24, 2012. Retrieved May 25, 2012.
- "Supermodel meets supermogul as Warren Buffet teams up with former swimsuit model Kathy Ireland, now a CEO and worth $2 billion", "Daily Mail", May 4, 2013
- Alexander, Ella - "Want to Walk in Supermodel Shoes?" British Vogue, June 13, 2013
- "Gorham Catches a Wave with New Kathy Ireland Collection", "HFN Magazine", October 10, 2012.
- "www.twice.com". November 7, 2011. Retrieved September 1, 2012.
- "Pretty Successful- British Vogue 31 July 2012". Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- "kiWW Release". Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- "Council for Life". Retrieved August 1, 2012.
- "End Poverty 2015/Millenium Development Goals". September 11, 2007. Retrieved May 27, 2009.
- "Shire Hakel's Blog". Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- "kathy ireland Worldwide Delivers Keynote at Licensing Expo 2012" "ybltv.com", June 13, 2012
- http://www.amazon.com/dp/0385503075 Amazon page for Powerful Inspirations
- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BUTA5U Amazon page for Story Reader 3-Pack
- "Mystery Science Theater 3000". TV.com. November 20, 1993. Retrieved July 31, 2008.
- "Ability Magazine: Kathy Ireland Interview with Chet Cooper and Molly Mackin" (2011)". Retrieved April 3, 2012.
- "AOL News: Kathy Ireland: The Tragic Shortfall in Down Syndrome Research" (2010)". Retrieved April 3, 2012.
- "Kathy Ireland From Model to Mogul". Retrieved December 15, 2010.
- "A Real-Life Santa Role for Kathy Ireland". December 2, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- "Kathy Ireland to Receive WithIt 2013 Legacy Award" residentiallighting.com
- Ryan Dedmon, Anaheim PD Communications, Dispatchers and Children Honored as 9-1-1 Heroes at Celebrity Golf Tournament, 9-1-1 Magazine, May 29, 2013
- "The 2013 Rhapsody Ball". November 8, 2013. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Arfa, Orit. "Kathy Ireland Named Sheba Ambassador". JewishJournal.com. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Merritte, Tanya. "ADL to honor Pasquale Natuzzi, Gary Fazio, Kathy Ireland". Furniture Today. Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- "JNF Tree of Life Gala". JNF.org. Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- Blim, Julie (August 20, 2002). "Kathy Ireland: Designing Woman". CBN. Retrieved April 21, 2009.
- "Former model: Fret over being fit, not how you look". CNN. May 5, 2009. Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- "Kathy Ireland interview with Chet Cooper and Molly Mackin". Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- "Elizabeth Taylor ‘Boiling’ Over Criticism Of Kathy Ireland At Oscars", "Access Hollywood", 03/11/2010
- "Elizabeth Taylor and Kathy Ireland", "Zimbio", September 26, 2008
- "Kathy Ireland on Her Mentor Elizabeth Taylor", "ET Online", March 26, 2013
- Dorothy Pomerantz (February 8, 2013). "The Surprising Link Between Kathy Ireland and Janet Jackson". Forbes. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kathy Ireland.|
- kathyireland.com—kathy ireland Worldwide (kiWW)
- Foundation Website
- Kathy Ireland at the Internet Movie Database
- Kathy Ireland at the TCM Movie Database
- Kathy Ireland at AllRovi