16 July 1915|
|Died||20 October 1997
|Allegiance|| Nazi Germany (to 1945)
|Years of service||1936–1945
|Commands held||Grenadier-Regiment 1221|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Martin Steglich (16 July 1915 – 20 October 1997) was an Oberstleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II an Oberst in the Bundeswehr, and one of only 882 recipients of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Martin Steglich was captured by American troops in April 1945 and was released in August.
 Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (14 September 1939)
- 1st Class (27 June 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- in Silver
- Close Combat Clasp
- in Bronze
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- Demyansk Shield (May 1944)
- Honour Roll Clasp of the Army (28 July 1941)
- German Cross in Gold (11 January 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 331.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 83.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.