|Founded||Paris, France (1993)|
|Key people||Francis Poulain, Financial Director
Jeff Vance, CEO Clickteam USA
Chris Carson, VP USA Operations
DT Holder, VP Special Projects
Rhon Schlick, Sales - Graphic Design
Simon Pittock, UK Sales & Marketing Manager
Clickteam is a software company founded in 1993 by François Lionet, Yves Lamoureux and Francis Poulain and headquartered in Paris, France. Clickteam is perhaps best known for the creation of a script-free programming tool that allows users to create video games or other interactive software using a range of GUI tools.
Before co-founding Clickteam, François Lionet was the programmer of STOS BASIC, a programming language released in 1988 for the Atari ST, and AMOS BASIC, a more advanced programming language released in 1990 for the Commodore Amiga. Both of these have since been released in open-source form on the Clickteam corporate website. Yves Lamoureux was also a successful game developer prior to co-founding Clickteam, working with multiple companies on games.
Clickteam's debut software was Klik & Play, released in 1994; this marked the team's first successful software release. Subsequent releases included 3D game-making tool Jamagic; The Games Factory; The Games Factory 2; and Multimedia Fusion. Clickteam's most recent application is Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (CF 2.5). This title is the successor to Multimedia Fusion 2, the company's most well-received software application to date. The Fusion series was designed to be a user-friendly yet powerful drag-and-drop game and application creation program, easily accessible to either those well-versed or inexperienced in programming.
Video game creation products
- Klik & Play (KnP) - Originally created by Europress Software (Francois Lionet/Yves Lamarouex 1995)
- The Games Factory (TGF)
- The Games Factory 2 (TGF2)
- Click and Create (Also known as Multimedia Fusion Express) (CnC)
- Multimedia Fusion (MMF)
- Multimedia Fusion 2 (MMF2)
- Clickteam Fusion 2.5 (CF2.5)
Runtime export modules:
- SWF/Flash Export Module for CF2.5
- iOS Export Module for CF2.5
- XNA Export Module for CF2.5
- Android Export Module for CF2.5
- HTML5 Export Module for CF2.5
In beta testing:
- Mac Export Module for CF2.5
- Install Creator (previously Install Maker)
- Patch Maker
- François Lionet - Lead Software Developer
- Yves Lamoureux - Lead Software Developer
- Francis Poulain - CFO/Financial Director
- Jeff Vance - CEO Chief Executive Officer Clickteam LLC USA
- Chris Carson - Vice President Clickteam LLC USA
- DT Holder - Vice President Special Projects Clickteam LLC USA
- Nicolas Sourdeval - Graphic Artist/Media Production
- Anders Riggelsen - Senior iOS Platform Programmer
- James McLaughlin - Senior Android Programmer
- Simon Pittock - Clickteam UK Manager
- "About Clickteam". The Company and The Products. Copyright © Clickteam 2012 All Rights Reserved. Retrieved February 18, 2013.
- Warren Buckleitner. The Complete Sourcebook on Children's Software. Children's Software Revue, 2001. p. 608. ISBN 978-1-891983-05-4. Retrieved 2 February 2011.
Klik & Play ✓ Runs on Windows (disk or CD-ROM) 4.5****1/2 Maxis (Electronic Arts), 800-336-2947, www.maxis.com 1994, $54.95, ages 14-up ✓ Teaches creativity, logic Provides a set of 1000 animated objects...
- Alan Thorn. Game Engine Design and Implementation (Revised ed.). Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2010. p. 26. ISBN 978-0-7637-8451-5.
Multimedia Fusion is a commercial, proprietary game engine designed and licensed by Clickteam for the creation of 2D games for Windows
- Clayton E. Crooks. Awesome 3D game development: no programming required (illustrated ed.). Cengage Learning, 2004. p. 72. ISBN 978-1-58450-325-5.
Multimedia Fusion [...is a] development tool[...] mostly used for 2D games, but because it is the most well-rounded game development tool available in the non-programming category, it's a perfect way to start out. With it, you can create a wide variety of games, and the support from Clickteam (www.clickteam.com) is top notch.