From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up progress in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Progress may refer to:
- Progress (history), the idea that the world can become increasingly better in terms of science, technology, modernization, liberty, democracy, quality of life, etc.
- Social progress, the idea that societies can or do improve in terms of their social, political, and economic structures.
- Scientific progress, the idea that science increases its problem solving ability through the application of some scientific method.
- Philosophical progress, the idea that philosophy has solved or at least can solve some of the questions it studies.
- Idea of Progress, the theory that scientific progress drives social progress; that advances in technology, science, and social organization inevitably produce an improvement in the human condition.
- Progress trap, the condition societies find themselves in when human ingenuity, in pursuing progress, inadvertently introduces problems that it does not have the resources to solve, preventing further progress or inciting social collapse.
- Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts, the main venue for the performing arts in Raleigh, North Carolina
- Progress Energy Park, 7,227 seat baseball stadium located on the downtown St. Petersburg, Florida waterfront
- Progress Energy Resources, Canadian oil and gas exploration and extraction company
- Progress Energy Inc, American power generation and distribution company
- Progress Publishers, Moscow-based Soviet publisher
- Progress Software Corporation, the creator of Progress 4GL
- Progress State Research and Production Rocket Space Center, Samara-based Russian space company
- Ivchenko-Progress, a Ukrainian aero-engine manufacturer
- Progress in artificial intelligence
- Progress 4GL, programming language developed by Progress Software now known as OpenEdge Advanced Business Language
- Progress bar, component in a graphical user interface used to convey the progress of a task
- Progress, Russia, name of several inhabited localities in Russia
- Progress, California, United States
- Progress, Indiana, United States
- Progress, Oregon, United States
- Progress, Pennsylvania, United States
- Progress Village, Florida, United States
- Progress Station, Antarctica
- Progress No. 351, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Progress, Chuy, Kyrgyzstan
- Progress (Michael Giles album)
- Progress (EP), EP by Pedro the Lion
- Progress (Rx Bandits album), 2001
- Progress (Big Youth album)
- Progress (Take That album)
- Progressed (EP), by Take That
- Progress (Ultraspank album)
- "Progress" (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), TV series episode
- Progress Theatre, theatre in Berkshire, England
Politics and government
- Progress Party
- Progress (organisation), Left of Centre political think-tank associated with the British Labour Party
- Royal progress, formal tour of the state by its monarch
- Evolutionary progress, the idea that there is a largest-scale trend in evolution of organisms and that the trend is toward improvement or adaptation to changing environmental conditions
- Progress D-27, propfan engine that the U.S.S.R company developed in the 1980s for commercial and military transport aircraft
- Progress (spacecraft), Russian expendable unmanned freighter spacecraft
- Progress (train), which ran between Prague, Czechoslovakia, and the German Democratic Republic
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.