|Country||Republic of China|
|Special municipality||New Taipei City (新北市)|
|• District Chief||Shi De-yang (施得仰)|
|• Total||65.9968 km2 (25.4815 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2011)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC+8)|
Sanzhi was the location of an unusual vacation resort built in 1978 and abandoned before any of the structures were inhabited. After many years in a state of decay, the resort was demolished in late 2008 and early 2009. The site was a favorite with photographers and tourists, but efforts to save it failed, and the site is now being redeveloped.
- Jiang Wen-Ye (1910–1983) - musician and composer active mainly in Japan and the People's Republic of China
- Lee Teng-hui (1923–) - ROC president from 1990 to 2000, spiritual leader of the Taiwan Solidarity Union
- Lu Hsiu-yi (1941–1998) - Democratic Progressive Party politician and member of the Legislative Yuan
- Tu Tsung-ming (1893–1986) - founder of Kaohsiung Medical University and the first Taiwanese PhD
The main road route through Sanzhi is the Provincial Highway No. 2. There are also a number of county-level highways within the district.
- "江文也 (Jiang Wen-ye)" (in Chinese). Sanzhi District Government.
- Government website
- Abandoned San-Chih UFO Houses in Google Map
- Abandoned San-Chih UFO Houses on Flickr
|This article about a location in Taiwan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|