Adventist University of Health Sciences
Seal of Adventist University of Health Sciences
|Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences|
|Seventh-day Adventist Church|
|President||David E. Greenlaw|
|64 Full Time (including non-classroom teachers)
6 Professional Faculty
145 clinical professors
|Location||Orlando, Florida, United States
|Campus||Urban (Medical campus)|
Florida Hospital system
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Adventist University of Health Sciences (ADU), formerly Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences, is located in Orlando, Florida, United States. It is a Seventh-day Adventist institution which specializes in allied health and nursing education. The college is associated with Florida Hospital, and Adventist Health System which is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. It is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist education system, the world's second largest Christian school system. 
The university is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools as well as specific accreditation or licensing bodies for specific programs.
Florida Hospital began its nursing program in 1913 when Southern Missionary College (now Southern Adventist University) in Collegedale, Tennessee would send its "pre-nursing" students to Orlando for clinical experience. The Associate Degree in Nursing program began in 1983. Other allied health programs were started and the four programs – nursing, practical nursing, radiography and sonography – were consolidated to form the Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences. In 1998, the college became a baccalaureate-granting institution. In August 2012, it was renamed the Adventist University of Health Sciences, with the addition of graduate programs over the previous four years.
ADU is organized into nine departments:
- Physician Assistant Studies (M.S.)
- Physical Therapy (D.P.T. – in accreditation process)
- Occupational Therapy
- Nursing (B.S.N., RN to B.S.N. conversion)
- Nurse Anesthesia (M.S.)
- Healthcare Administration (M.H.A., Executive M.H.A.)
- Health and Biomedical Sciences (A.S., B.S.)
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography (A.S., B.S.)
- Radiologic Sciences (A.S., B.S.)
- NAICU – Member Directory
- About Adventist Health System Retrieved 2009-12-04
- "For real education reform, take a cue from the Adventists". The Christian Science Monitor. November 15, 2010.
...the second largest Christian school system in the world...
- "Seventh-Day Adventist Church". ReligionFacts.
- "Department of Education, Seventh-day Adventist Church". Retrieved 2010-06-18.
- Rogers, Wendi; Kellner, Mark A. (April 1, 2003). "World Church: A Closer Look at Higher Education". Adventist News Network. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
-  FHCHS Accreditation
- "School of Nursing: About Us". southern.edu.
- History & Heritage
- "Florida Hospital College to Become Adventist University of Health Sciences". Spectrum. May 25, 2012.