André Van Lysebeth
|André Van Lysebeth|
October 11, 1919|
|Died||January 28, 2004(aged 84)|
|Occupation||Yoga instructor, author|
|Known for||“Yoga Self-Taught” (1967)|
|Spouse(s)||Denise Van Lysebeth|
André Van Lysebeth started his studies of yoga as a disciple of Swami Sivananda. In the following years he also practised under K. Pattabhi Jois. Van Lysebeth's book “Yoga Self-Taught” (“J'apprends le yoga”) helped bring western attention to Pattabhi Jois and his ashtanga vinyasa system.
- J'apprends le yoga, Paris, published by Flammarion, 1968
- Je perfectionne mon yoga, Paris, published by Flammarion, 1970
- Pranayama, la dynamique du souffle, published by Flammarion, 1971
- Ma séance de yoga, Paris, published by Flammarion,
- 2 x 7 jours pour rajeunir, Paris, published by Flammarion,
- Tantra, le culte de la Féminité, Évolution du corps et de l'Esprit par l'érotisme et l'amour, Paris, published by Flammarion, 1988,
- Le yoga mental, published by Almora, 2013
- "André Van Lysebeth". goodreads.com.
- "Les écoles de Yoga : André Van Lysebeth (décédé)". Association Belge des Enseignants et Pratiquants de Yoga. Archived from the original on 2014-01-28.
L'un des pionniers du yoga en Belgique. A commencé son étude du yoga sur les rives du Gange, à Rishikesh dans l'ashram de Swami Sivananda
- "International Yoga Federation - History". International Yoga Federation.
1972, the European Union of Yoga was founded by Roger Clerc, the disciple and successor of Lucien Ferrier and who continues the spirit of unity with Andre Van Lysebeth (Swami Sivananda´s disciple)
- "How Ashtanga Yoga found its way to the West". ashtangayoga.inf.
In 1964, André van Lysebeth, a Belgian, found his way into Pattabhi Jois’s tiny Yogashala in Mysore
- Pandya, Haresh. "Krishna Pattabhi Jois, Leading Expert in Yoga, Dies at 93". The New York Times.
Mr. Jois’s first exposure to the West came in the form of a student from Belgium, André Van Lysebeth, whose 1967 book “Yoga Self-Taught” highlighted Mr. Jois
- Official website (French)
|This Belgian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|