The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (April 2014)
|Developer(s)||Apache Software Foundation|
|Initial release||August 23, 2013|
0.8 / December 11, 2014
|Type||Project management software, bug tracking system, wiki|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Apache Bloodhound is an open source web-based project management and bug tracking system. The program is built on top of Trac. It is developed and maintained by volunteers at the Apache Software Foundation.
The Bloodhound project was initially submitted to the Apache Incubator by WANdisco after integration with an issue tracker was the most requested feature for uberSVN. Bloodhound graduated from the incubator on 2013-03-20 and became an Apache Top Level Project.
As of August 27, 2019, Bloodhound is still available for download at the usual Apache mirror sites, but all of the support links to live.bloodhound.apache.org fail as unreachable. The Bloodhound project management committee voted unanimously on June 15, 2016, to shut down the project, but the board tabled the issue. Apache currently supports a similar product Apache Allura.
The software inherits features from Trac and initially set out to resolve three long-standing requests with Trac: management of multiple projects, ease of installation, ease of use and also supports embedding of Google gadgets.
In addition Bloodhound has integrated the Python library Whoosh in version 0.5, providing full text search and search navigation by facets and incorporate many plugins optional in Trac out of the box.
- Comparison of project management software
- Comparison of issue-tracking systems
- Software configuration management
- Apache Allura
- "[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 incubating Released". Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "[ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.8 Released". Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- "Apache Bloodhound Leads Open Source Trac Forward". Internetnews.com. April 2, 2013.
- "[PROPOSAL] Apache Bloodhound". Apache Software Foundation Incubator General mailing list. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "Integration with a defect tracker". WANdisco. Archived from the original on January 11, 2014. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "Bloodhound Project Incubation Status". Apache Software Foundation Incubator. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "Apache Bloodhound sniffs out top level project status". H-online.com. April 2, 2013. Archived from the original on April 3, 2013.
- "Apache Bloodhound wird offizielles Apache-Projekt" (in German). Pro-Linux. April 3, 2013.
- Gold, Jon (April 4, 2013). "Apache Foundation promotes development framework Bloodhound to the top". Network World. Network World, Inc. Retrieved October 23, 2014.
- "Board Meeting Minutes - Bloodhound". Apache Software Foundation. August 6, 2019. Retrieved August 27, 2019.
- "Apache Bloodhound landing page". Apache Bloodhound. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "Multi-project support". Trac (Edgewall). Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "BEP 3 : Multi-product architecture". Apache Bloodhound. Archived from the original on November 29, 2015. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- "Release Notes". Apache Bloodhound.