Bad Boys for Life
|Bad Boys for Life|
|Directed by||Adil El Arbi|
|Produced by||Jerry Bruckheimer |
|Screenplay by||Chris Bremner|
by George Gallo
|Edited by||Bruce B. Pierce|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Releasing|
Bad Boys for Life (also known as Bad Boys III) is an upcoming American buddy cop action comedy film directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah. It is a sequel to Bad Boys (1995) and Bad Boys II (2003) and the third installment of the Bad Boys franchise. The film stars Will Smith and Martin Lawrence reprising their roles as detectives Mike Lowrey and Marcus Burnett. Bad Boys for Life is set to released in theaters on January 17, 2020.
Miami PD and its elite AMMO team attempt to take down Armando Armas, head of a drug cartel. Armando is a cold-blooded killer with a vicious, tainting nature. He is committed to the work of cartel and is dispatched by his mother to kill Mike.
- Will Smith as Detective Lieutenant Mike Lowrey
- Martin Lawrence as Detective Lieutenant Marcus Burnett
- Paola Nunez as Rita
- Jacob Scipio as Armando Armas
- Joe Pantoliano as Captain Conrad Howard
- Alexander Ludwig
- Charles Melton
- Vanessa Hudgens
- Massi Furlan as Jimmy Beyer
- DJ Khaled
- Nicky Jam
In June 2008, Michael Bay director of the first two films, stated that he may direct Bad Boys III, but that the greatest obstacle to the potential sequel would be the cost, as he and Will Smith demand some of the highest salaries in the film industry. By August 2009, Columbia Pictures had hired Peter Craig to write the script for Bad Boys III. In February 2011, Martin Lawrence reiterated that the film was in development. In June 2014, Bruckheimer announced that screenwriter David Guggenheim was working on the storyline for the sequel. Two months later, Lawrence said a script had been written and parts had been cast. By June 2015, director Joe Carnahan was in early talks to write and possibly direct the film. Two months later, Sony Pictures Entertainment announced that Bad Boys III would be released on February 17, 2017, and that additional sequel, Bad Boys IV, is scheduled for release on July 3, 2019. On March 5, 2016, the film was pushed to June 2, 2017. Producers planned to begin production in early 2017. On August 11, 2016, the film was pushed back once again to January 12, 2018, to avoid box office competition with the upcoming DC Comics film Wonder Woman, and retitled Bad Boys for Life. Lawrence revealed on Jimmy Kimmel Live! that filming may start in March 2017. On February 6, 2017, it was announced that the film's release date has been delayed for the third time, to November 9, 2018. On March 7, 2017, Carnahan left the movie due to scheduling conflicts. In August 2017, Sony removed the third film from their release schedule and later in the month Lawrence said the film would not be happening.
In February 2018, it was reported that a sequel film was again being planned and would be directed by Belgian directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, with Martin Lawrence and Will Smith reprising their roles. According to Geek Worldwide, the third installment in the Bad Boys franchise will film from November 2018 to March 2019 in Miami and Atlanta with the release date scheduled for January 17, 2020.
In October 2018, Variety revealed that Sony was close to green-lighting the film's production. In December 2018, it was reported that Joe Pantoliano, who played Captain Howard in the previous films would return to play the character.
The film is set to be released on January 17, 2020.
- DJ Khaled Joins ‘Bad Boys’ Sequel (EXCLUSIVE)
- 'Bad Boys' Sequel Adds Nicky Jam
-  Archived February 12, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "'Bad Boys 3′ In Development". Thefilmstage.com. August 31, 2009. Archived from the original on July 24, 2011. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
-  Archived April 5, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Reynolds, Simon (2014-06-18). "Jerry Bruckheimer trying to get Michael Bay back for Bad Boys 3". Digital Spy. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Martin Lawrence (2014-08-14). "Martin Lawrence Announces "Bad Boys 3" @". Teamcoco.com. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. "Joe Carnahan Circles 'Bad Boys 3' for Sony". Deadline Hollywood.
- "Sony Pictures Dates 16 Films Through 2019!". ComingSoon.net. August 5, 2015. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Fleming, Mike Jr. (March 4, 2016). "Sony Flush With 2017 Franchises With 'The Dark Tower', 'Bad Boys 3', Barbie & Maybe 'MIB23' Slotted". Deadline Hollywood.
- Robinson, Will (August 11, 2016). "Bad Boys 3 titled Bad Boys For Life, set for January 2018". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Comicbook, Joe (October 7, 2016). "Martin Lawrence Says Bad Boys 3 May Start Filming In March". Comicbook.com. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "Sony Pictures 2018 Schedule Shifts Hotel Transylvania, Bad Boys, Goosebumps and More". February 6, 2017. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "Director Joe Carnahan Exits 'Bad Boys 3' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. March 7, 2017. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- "Sony Dates 'Silver And Black', 'Sicario 2'; Moves 'Holmes And Watson', 'Bad Boys 3' Unset & More". Deadline Hollywood. August 11, 2017.
- "'Bad Boys For Life' Gets New Directors, Still Dreams Of Being Made". theplaylist.net. 1 February 2018.
- Lang, Brent; Kroll, Justin (October 1, 2018). "'Bad Boys 3' Coming Together as the Revival Plot Thickens at Sony (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (December 5, 2018). "Joe Pantoliano To Return For Sony's 'Bad Boys For Life' Sequel". Deadline. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Production Begins on Bad Boys For Life". January 7, 2019. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- "Bad Boys for Life Begins Production, Will Smith Shares New Photo". MovieWeb. January 7, 2019. Retrieved January 8, 2019.
- "Bad Boys III filming shuts down part of Peachtree Rd, slowing down traffic". WSBATL. January 14, 2019.