Bishop of Leicester
|Bishop of Leicester|
|Residence||Bishop's Lodge, Knighton|
|First incumbent||Cyril Bardsley|
Through reorganisation within the Church of England, the Diocese of Leicester was refounded in 1927, and St Martin's Church became Leicester Cathedral. The present bishop's residence is Bishop's Lodge, Knighton, south Leicester. Martyn Snow became Bishop of Leicester with the confirmation of his election on 22 February 2016.
Bishops of Leicester
|Bishops of Leicester|
|1927||1940||Cyril Bardsley||Translated from Peterborough|
|1940||1953||Guy Smith||Translated from Willesden|
|1979||1991||Richard Rutt||Translated from St Germans. Converted to Roman Catholicism in 1995.|
|1991||1999||Tom Butler||Translated from Willesden; later moved to Southwark|
|1999||11 July 2015||Tim Stevens||Translated from Dunwich|
|1 September 2015||22 February 2016||John Holbrook, Bishop of Brixworth||Acting bishop|
|22 February 2016||present||Martyn Snow|| Previously Bishop of Tewkesbury.|
- "Historical successions: Leicester". Crockford's Clerical Directory. Retrieved 6 January 2012.
- Leicester Cathedral: History Archived 25 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved on 22 November 2008.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (online ed.). Church House Publishing. Retrieved 4 October 2017. .
- Diocese of Leicester — Martyn confirmed for Leicester Archived 17 March 2016 at Archive.is & photo on Twitter (Accessed 26 February 2016)
- Diocese of Leicester – Bishop Tim announces retirement Archived 19 November 2014 at Archive.is (Accessed 18 November 2014)
- Diocese of Leicester — Interim Bishop of Leicester[permanent dead link] (Accessed 30 June 2015)
- Diocese of Leicester — Welcome to the New Bishop of Leicester (Accessed 15 December 2015)
- Fryde et al. 1986, Handbook of British Chronology, p. 252.