Yeo Yeo Creek
|Etymology||In honour of William Bland;|
and hence, Bland Shire
|State||New South Wales|
|Region||South Eastern Highlands, Riverina (IBRA), South West Slopes|
|LGAs||Cootamundra-Gundagai, Temora, Bland|
|- location||near Frampton|
|- elevation||390 m (1,280 ft)|
|205 m (673 ft)|
|Length||173 km (107 mi)|
|Basin size||940,000 km2 (360,000 sq mi)|
|River system||Lachlan sub-catchment,|
|- left||Narraburra Creek, Barmedman Creek|
|- right||Berthong Creek, Rushy Creek, Weedallion Creek, Bribbaree Creek, Burrangong Creek|
The Bland Creek, a mostly–perennial river that is part of the Lachlan sub-catchment of the Murrumbidgee catchment within the Murray–Darling basin, is located in the South West Slopes, and Riverina regions of New South Wales, Australia. The Bland Creek is only connected to the Murray Darling basin when both the Lachlan and Murrumbidgee Rivers are in flood.
Course and features
The Bland Creek (technically a river) rises below Twins Range, a northern spur of the Great Dividing Range, and flows generally north northwest, joined by seven minor tributaries, before reaching its mouth and spilling into Lake Cowal, the largest natural inland lake in New South Wales. The creek descends 185 metres (607 ft) over its 173-kilometre (107 mi) course.
- Scascighini, John. "West Wyalong". West Wyalong Town Crier. Retrieved 20 March 2009.
- "Map of Bland Creek, NSW". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Our partners: local government". Lachlan Catchment Management Authority. Government of New South Wales. 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2013.
- "About Lake Cowal". Lake Cowal Foundation. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Bland Creek". Geographical Names Register (GNR) of NSW. Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Bland Creek mallee fowl on brink of extinction". ABC News. Australia. 26 March 2012. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- "Lachlan River catchment" (map). Office of Environment and Heritage. Government of New South Wales.
- "Bland Creek Catchment Committee". LachLandcare Inc. Archived from the original on 11 December 2014.
- Trueman, Will (2012). True Tales of the Trout Cod: River Histories of the Murray–Darling Basin (Lachlan River catchment booklet) (PDF). Canberra: Murray–Darling Basin Authority. ISBN 978-1-921914-98-0. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 February 2014.